Car Scan Tool (OBD) – Queries & Discussions

Amit is right I think.Maruti Suzuki is using a different protocol.So OBD2 scanners will not work with a Maruti.I'm really sad[frustration]
Actually they do work, Scangauge2 works on ritz diesel and all swift/ritz/astar k-series petrols. But till now, I have only seen Scangauge2 working on recent Maruti products, the same gadget works on older ford ikons hyundai santros etc but not on older Maruti's. I have a device with me bought from US, "Kiwi Mpg", but it does not works on ritz ddis, but works perfectly on Hyundai products.I attached it to my friends i20 and it worked.

Hey Mastersquall congratulations , do post your observations soon. Great to hear it works in your i10 , so i think it must work in my Verna too.

But can you explain clearly how exactly will this be useful to us? Is it worth buying?

Will it work on Swift DDIS.I've heard that OBD2 scanners does not work on Swift DDIS in some other forums.Is that true?

Thread Starter #65
Hey Mastersquall congratulations , do post your observations soon. Great to hear it works in your i10 , so i think it must work in my Verna too.

But can you explain clearly how exactly will this be useful to us? Is it worth buying?
well buying these stuff is always personal choice . i had been thinking about it for many months buying one so i brought another reason was my 2 years old i10 was giving engine error light and service centre was asking 900 to check using OBD . i thought why not give this thing try nothing wrong with spending 850 . On Saturday afternoon i checked engine light using it and found that one of sensor wasn't working according explanation given . so i took it to SA and forced them to look . I was surprice my OBD was right wire was bit chopped off and was about completely rip apart . got sensor changed as well as wire now no engine error .

Using OBD i also checked like how much HP or torque it is producing . how much time it take to reach 0-60 or 0-100 .

i tried to use function like fuel status and how km can i run but couldn't make it work according it . it is detecting two type of fuel coming well OBD is right my i10 is running on CNG but FE it showed was very good . it showed me 14 . still downloading lot of experiment will keep you updated

Please check whether it works with Swift (DDIS to be particular).And if its a YES,I will also be buying one [:D].And from where you've got this.

Looking interesting Mastersquall. Can you post some pictures of the device and show how exactly it shows the information? It needs to be connected to the ECU right?

Thread Starter #68
Please check whether it works with Swift (DDIS to be particular).And if its a YES,I will also be buying one [:D].And from where you've got this.
problem is that i don't own that car and i don't think so any one will let me experiment on their car so till then sorry can't but i think droidcar might able to help you once he too get his OBD

Looking interesting Mastersquall. Can you post some pictures of the device and show how exactly it shows the information? It needs to be connected to the ECU right?
well stupid i tried to take pic but due mirror finish of my mobile didn't let me later i came to know android has in built screenshot taking software . will take screen shot tomorrow while i will be going toward my factory

you need to connect it to OBD port which is mostly are near area of accelerator pedal

I've a doubt.Are the wired ones better than those bluetooth enabled ones?[confused]
Because I've read somewhere that wired ones are much better as they are faster.Don't know whether its right or not.

Cheers

zengetz

Suspended
Great stuff Mastersquall ! If you get a chance, can you see if it is compatible on Hyundai Getz CRdi or a Verna please?

Im eagerly looking forward to seeing the Screenshots and buying it too [:)]

Great stuff Mastersquall ! If you get a chance, can you see if it is compatible on Hyundai Getz CRdi or a Verna please?

+1 to Zengetz , i am also really looking to buy this thing. I think it is compatible with all Hyundai cars.

Mastersquall it would be of great help to me if you can put up details like how to connect this thing and use it , screenshots of the outputs , what are the things which i can see using this.

Thread Starter #73

i think if its work in i10 then it should work on all hyandai unless some one give me experimental subject i can't say [;)]

+1 to Zengetz , i am also really looking to buy this thing. I think it is compatible with all Hyundai cars.

Mastersquall it would be of great help to me if you can put up details like how to connect this thing and use it , screenshots of the outputs , what are the things which i can see using this.
connecting to mobile is easy job . here how i did in my galaxy 3
1. installed torque software in my mobile
2. turned on Bluetooth
3. insert OBD in OBD port
4. searched it on bluetooth. it appeared as CHX later asked me password which i entered as mentioned in there manual
5. Started the Car
6. opened my torque software
7. selected the device

You are ready to use it [:)]

sorry for late screenshot i have been busy so here few screenshot i took it today in 1min. drive

SC20110730-112302.png

SC20110730-112422.png

SC20110730-112502.png

SC20110730-112610.png

SC20110730-112741.png

buddy did u check the ebd in dicor??? is it compatible. by the way what mobile are you using. is the software provided only for android???

Looks easy to use! But i have the same question as emperor , is that torque software only for andriod phones? What about symbian users like me?[confused]

But even if its only for my Android no problem though , my brother has an Xperia X8 and couple of my friends too have Android phones.

Top Bottom