Car Pooling Among TAI members

TAI Member's Car Pooling

• Total voters

350Z

Core Team
This is a great initiative, Shynish. Since the majority of members is from Bangalore and Chennai, Perhaps this can be applied with suggestions from all.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Me, aditya & arun always do this! whenever we have to go somewhere, aditya & arun comes over to my place in his estilo & then we go together in my scorpio.

Why not? This is a great idea, provided you can find fellow TAIan(s) who ply on the same routes and at about the same time.
The benefits are:
Because you save fuel:
1. Reduce Pollution.
2. Conserve the nation's (and world's) resources.
3. Save money.
4. Reduce your Carbon Footprint.
Because there is one car on the road on a given day instead of 2,
5. Do your bit in reducing congestion on the crowded roads of Bangalore(and maybe Chennai)
Because you have fellow companions
6. Create new friendships, bondings and relations.
For Example:
Me, aditya & arun always do this! whenever we have to go somewhere, aditya & arun comes over to my place in his estilo & then we go together in my scorpio.
7. Exchange more knowledge about automobiles and directly/indirectly contribute to the growth of TAI.
[clap]
My dad travels on a very busy stretch of Bangalore(HAL Airport road to/from Infantry Road) but unluckily, no chance to pool as ours is a chauffeur driven office car.

This is an awesome initiative. [thumbsup]

Nicely pointed the advantages Arkin. [clap]
I am doing this when i go to office and come back. Used to drop the car in friend's home and then go by bike or his car.

Thread Starter #8
Thanks you all! Thanks for the great response.

The primary reason, why I thought of this is, becuase most of us are driving freaks. We may be travlling alone (with out family) to so many places. I was wondering whether we can have one section in TAI where members can securly post their trips and other who in need can avail it. For example if I am in Bangalore, once in a month or once in two months I will be traavelling to Calicut! In VOLVO, one way will cost around 700 - 800 INR I guess. I am thinking about a systematic way to do car pooling among TAI members. Do we have an add on component which can be plugged into phpBB ? We can different types of pooling:

1) Absolutely free
2) Chages half or even less of bus fair (here TAI will get a small commission)

I was recently looking into an Apple App for Car Pooling. That is why I thought why not this for a great group like TAI!

And most importantly: Let's set the message for others!

Top Bottom