Car Owners May Not Get Subsidised Diesel + “Special Tax” on Diesel Cars

Re: Car owners may not get subsidised diesel

at least if govt was in so much in favour of common man and subsidy then they should make a unique road also for those trucks .
then we are ready to pay high price for diesal and enjoy a safe and good rides in our lux cars.

+1 On what Peter said. People can buy a Thoroughbred, But they can't afford a saddle. Take a walk!

at least if govt was in so much in favour of common man and subsidy then they should make a unique road also for those trucks .
then we are ready to pay high price for diesal and enjoy a safe and good rides in our lux cars.
Roads other than national highways should be made by state government those who getting paid by road taxes. Subsidies are made by Central government.

then are there special roads for subsidised petrol???

Why? If you can afford to buy a car you must pay the full price of fuel. Tax payers should not pay for your fuel.

In the international market, the price is more or less the same.

Well the common man also enjoyed cheap fuel for luxury cars for so long
There are 2 points to the argument. I am not talking about people who own Beemers or Mercs or for that matter Scorpios, Safaris. Yes if they are able to spend so much for their cars, they should be able to afford the fuel as well.

But what about those frugal engines and cars which belong to low end of the group, like Beat, Ritz, Indica etc. People buying these cars are not upper middle class. They have bought these cars only on the basis that *diesel is cheaper*. This is the class which will be hit the most.
And please dont call these cars as thoroughbred, they are mostly ponies running on low carb.

In the international market the price has been same forever. Agreed. But this dual fuel pricing policy is affecting common man (not rich men) more than govt.

IMO increase the excise duty further on expensive cars or take that out, and leave it an open field for petrol and diesel. Let personal owners pay for the fuel at the international market rate.

Last edited:

IMO increase the excise duty further on expensive cars or take that out, and leave it an open field for petrol and diesel.
this cannot happen in india as the people who are deciding subsidies are either owners , future owners of these car or fed by the owners of expensive cars.

Roads other than national highways should be made by state government those who getting paid by road taxes. Subsidies are made by Central government.
to me it make no difference .
i have to pay tax for salary i get , have to pay tax for salt to toothpaste .
i dont have any scope of employment or good source of income from same government .
i did understand that this thing called government is feeding on me . now they want to suck blood too.

Last edited:

i can see future lot of black money thanks to stupid decision of Government . I myself buy lot of diesel every month around 30-40k money is spend on diesel alone to power my factory thanks to government not providing constant electricity . SO if in future i brought diesel car then i will simply fill my car from my own diesel storage X) and others will follow same way i am 100% sure

But what about those frugal engines and cars which belong to low end of the group, like Beat, Ritz, Indica etc. People buying these cars are not upper middle class.
Still you are not entitled to any subsidy. Yes if you travel by bus and demand subsidised fuel to keep the fares low it is acceptable.

They have bought these cars only on the basis that *diesel is cheaper*. This is the class which will be hit the most.
You should buy a diesel car because diesel cars are more fuel efficient. The Swift Petrol gives you around 10-12 Kmpl whereas the Diesel gives you around 18. This the the logic you are supposed to use, not "diesel is cheaper" because it is not. Both petrol & diesel are produced from crude oil along with many other products. The total cost of refining most products is the same.

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended

One one hand, I do feel sad for the people f\who just bought a Diesel car.

And on the other hand, I fell that common people should not be given subsidized diesel in the first place.

On the third hand(or rather foot, since I have only two hands) I feel joy that the diesel owners would also drive away as moaning and cribbing as we Petrol owners.

And on the fourth hand(or the second foot) If I buy a diesel car, I will also buy an umpteenth hand tractor, and get cheap diesel, and then fill it in my Diesel SUV. :lol!:

All hue and cries will not make any effect on our Govt. Since they have decided, they will implement but again, diesel will be cheaper than petrol. As per today's TOI, there is a difference of Rupees 35% between Diesel and Petrol and after increase (roughly Rs. 7/-) difference will be 24.5%. So after few days, it will settle down.

The biggest question is, will there be any impact of diesel car sales ?

I personally do not see much impact on sale. What is your take on it ?

A lot of people buy a diesel car just because diesel is "cheaper". However if you calculate you running costs plus the difference in purchase price, you may be better off with petrol. If petrol & diesel prices are equalized more people will opt for petrol. Only real heavy users will go for Diesel.

agree 100% with you . i keep telling people to go for diesel only if they can drive more even a guy in my neighbour hood brought diesel just because diesel was cheaper and he hasn't even driven it 2K till now in 6 month

The biggest question is, will there be any impact of diesel car sales ?

I personally do not see much impact on sale. What is your take on it ?
I dont think there will be any impact on the sale of cars even if the diesel prices are revised. The difference between diesel and petrol prices can be decrease but it cannot be eliminated. And these days we have diesel cars which deliver better fe than petrol cars and at the same time offer driving pleasure which was absent in old gen diesel hearts.

A lot of people buy a diesel car just because diesel is "cheaper". However if you calculate you running costs plus the difference in purchase price, you may be better off with petrol. If petrol & diesel prices are equalized more people will opt for petrol. Only real heavy users will go for Diesel.
Yes, you are absolutely correct. One of my friend was keen to buy a Vento TDI HL but after calculation I made him believe that Petrol would be better. Every now and then he reminds me that he is paying so much for the petrol. But I always ask him take an average and calculate differential amount as saving.

agree 100% with you . i keep telling people to go for diesel only if they can drive more even a guy in my neighbour hood brought diesel just because diesel was cheaper and he hasn't even driven it 2K till now in 6 month
Very sad to note that because of such people also, Govt. thinks that Diesel cars are selling in good numbers and encourage them to increase fuel cost or impose more taxes. [cry]

@ Akash, I agree with your statement and in a sense real users will be left over or would consider buying a diesel vehicle.

Last edited:

Top Bottom