Car Owners May Not Get Subsidised Diesel + “Special Tax” on Diesel Cars

Re: Car owners may not get subsidised diesel

Government realizes that people will adjust with the increased fuel prices after a week.

I sold my demo car just for petrol - i miserably suffer in my business without a demo car now. though i sold it because i could not afford

I needed a diesel car , suv was always in my heart. got a accent as a sudden surprise but gave to uncle just to experience the bigger !

diesel any day is cheaper to the whole of nation. so i bought a diesel car in 2nd hand!

i get a fe of 14.6kmpl in highways.
same suv with petrol , hope its 7 to 10kmpl max!
also the petrol is costlier.

same is case with a car. diesel fe is 18kmplwhile a petrol fe is 13 to 14 kmpl.

diesel is bad option for person who keeps the car idle.
leave alone heavy driver , for normal driving diesel is opted as best.

also now a days resale of diesel is good than petrol.

worrying about the heavy maintanance?
Any new car , give max expense after a 1L kms.
petrol bill will be cheaper than diesel service bill at 1L

simple option , sell it when you near a 1L kms.

buyers like me who get cars in 2nd hand , buy a diesel car , only if you wish to drive a lot , service it for say 30 to 40K , make them as almost a new car ! drive happily.

Comming to the thread point

Sure this is going to increase the black money.
selling diesel to cars at premium rates , car buyers will look for trucker/ police driver/ other drivers to get at cheaper rate

even petrol bunk owner may sell at 1 to 3 rs premium?

Government realizes that people will adjust with the increased fuel prices after a week.
at present the situation is hopeless. neither people nor government will be interested any thing.

with this much of comments i realized one thing that there exist a huge gap between petrol users and diesel users something like castism or kind of jealousy.

i will have to resort to cheaper alternative no matter how i have to. .simple and comfortable life that is what i am looking for. i am neither interested in bmw nor hayabussa rather i have no idea about them.

what my plea is reduce the prices no matter if it is diesel or petrol. petrol being highly refined requires additional charges for processing and handling hence it will always remain costly on the other hand diesel requires much lesser effort and will be cheaper to produce. hence lesser price is justified.

regarding the subsidy i realize it is all goof ups and mess up where people like me have to pay the price.
subsidy for electricity,food ,kerosense sugar and so many other things are being given to people who are below poverty line or politicians or politics related guys. and those below poverty line guys ,most of them are millionairs living abroad or doing buziness as they are not earning anything in rupee.
i dont mind how they are doing but this subsidy thingies and inflation is killing us as slow poison for sure.

Cause there is always another guy who can afford a diesel and benefit from the subsidy instead to balance the costs.
i felt this statement to be very humiliating and sarcastic.

i remember long ago my dad being a military jawan got telephone connections sooner than rest of the people just as a prevelige for his duties and there was so much of fuss from local peoples even though they never applied for it.

Last edited:

at present the situation is hopeless. neither people nor government will be interested any thing.

with this much of comments i realized one thing that there exist a huge gap between petrol users and diesel users something like castism or kind of jealousy.

i will have to resort to cheaper alternative no matter how i have to. .simple and comfortable life that is what i am looking for. i am neither interested in bmw nor hayabussa rather i have no idea about them.

what my plea is reduce the prices no matter if it is diesel or petrol. petrol being highly refined requires additional charges for processing and handling hence it will always remain costly on the other hand diesel requires much lesser effort and will be cheaper to produce. hence lesser price is justified.

regarding the subsidy i realize it is all goof ups and mess up where people like me have to pay the price.
subsidy for electricity,food ,kerosense sugar and so many other things are being given to people who are below poverty line or politicians or politics related guys. and those below poverty line guys ,most of them are millionairs living abroad or doing buziness as they are not earning anything in rupee.
i dont mind how they are doing but this subsidy thingies and inflation is killing us as slow poison for sure.

i felt this statement to be very humiliating and sarcastic.
Its not Caste system in a new way or jealousy. Its about equal treatment of all citizens especially no discrimination to people who in a weaker position. Would you be happy if I get to go free and you get to pay a fine when we both are caught for a traffic offence? The situation here is injustice to a certain group of motorists with discrimination for them and a discount to the other group for no apparent or justification.

About the refining and costs, Take a look: About Fuel - Why diesel costs more than petrol (even though it is easier to make) - PetrolPrices.com

Interesting link there Jalex , but do we get the same quality of diesel which they have in UK?

I see many other countries too offer subsidies. There diesel is costlier than petrol but still people prefer diesel because diesel engines are more efficient. Here people prefer diesel because its cheaper than petrol. The conditions there and here are entirely different. If diesels get costlier than Petrol in India then nobody would buy a diesel car! There people prefer diesel even though its costlier because they have better roads there and so a diesel car will offer more FE!

yes , people here , include me , buy diesel just its lesser in price.

love to drive petrol car any day , but the problem is its not so affordable as a diesel. that is easy on my pocket.

The point is de regularize the diesel only for car owner is going to increase the black money for sure.

Just one simple question ,
will you not buy diesel if its 2rs lesser than actual price from a lorry operator , or even at pump itself ?
bit off topic
army jawans got the phone connection earlier , so that they could stay connected to their family though they are far away.
local people sitting safe due to them , have no other work than blaming

Hey guys heard that diesel prices have risen upto 2 Rs for car owners.
The lorry & other commercial goods vehicle will be given diesel for old rate.
So they will add extra 2 Rs/ litre to the bill for car owners.
And other thing is petrol prices will be lowered by 3 shortly.

IMHO good move .

IMHO good move .

This now creates some sort of balance between the two , good move though not a permanent one.

IMHO good move .
Really ![surprise]
I cannot believe that they are going to lower the price to bring parity to some extent. Looks good move for the time being.

The duel pricing policy for diesel is bound to open up a new criteria for scam for the politicians. It is really impossible to have such a dual pricing for diesel.

These politicians are very clever people now when every other field for scams are almost over they are now coming out with new and unexplored areas for scams.

Last edited:

Top Bottom