Car Owners May Not Get Subsidised Diesel + “Special Tax” on Diesel Cars

Re: Car owners may not get subsidised diesel

i can see future lot of black money thanks to stupid decision of Government . I myself buy lot of diesel every month around 30-40k money is spend on diesel alone to power my factory thanks to government not providing constant electricity . SO if in future i brought diesel car then i will simply fill my car from my own diesel storage X) and others will follow same way i am 100% sure
You are cent per cent right there!

Still you are not entitled to any subsidy. Yes if you travel by bus and demand subsidised fuel to keep the fares low it is acceptable.

You should buy a diesel car because diesel cars are more fuel efficient. The Swift Petrol gives you around 10-12 Kmpl whereas the Diesel gives you around 18. This the the logic you are supposed to use, not "diesel is cheaper" because it is not. Both petrol & diesel are produced from crude oil along with many other products. The total cost of refining most products is the same.
Well said and I agree in total.

All hue and cries will not make any effect on our Govt. Since they have decided, they will implement but again, diesel will be cheaper than petrol. As per today's TOI, there is a difference of Rupees 35% between Diesel and Petrol and after increase (roughly Rs. 7/-) difference will be 24.5%. So after few days, it will settle down.

The biggest question is, will there be any impact of diesel car sales ?

I personally do not see much impact on sale. What is your take on it ?

Oh yes there will be an impact, You will see less Innovas and other SUVs with one person behind the wheel driving to office.

Whoa so much discussions in just one day. I saw in some post saying 15% of diesel used in our country is by cars , so lets not for get the taxis too then! If this rule is implemented then what about the cabs then? Will they also not get subsidised diesel?

I see most of them having diesel cars don't support this move and people having petrol cars and who travel less welcome this move. See our running is 15k KMS in just 7 months , we really cannot manage a petrol car for our running. Yeah you may say if we can afford an Aria then why not afford fuel for it. We are not rich business men having Merc's and Bmw's , we also work hard for earning our money and we travel a LOT for earning the money. Most of the anti-diesel vehicle comments here are corporates who take a car to their offices park it , sit in front of the computer for one full day then take the car back home , that's it. There are lots of people out there who have to travel a LOT to earn their money(this includes us). Though Rs.7 yes we can manage but if they start retailing both at the same price then there would be absolutely no takers for diesel cars anymore!

The problem is most of you people are angry about Merc's and Bmw owners filling the tank and enjoying their money. Let's not forget that is also their hard-earned money and they have every right to enjoy , remember they are also paying hefty taxes which costs as much as a premium hatch! Slap them with Rs.100 per litre for diesel and they still will happily pay for it , because for them it does not matter. Middle class families are the most which is going to get affected with this move.

And also just because a biker cannot afford a car it doesn't mean the others who earn more should not enjoy diesel cars for the sake of that biker. Earn more , pay more , enjoy more!

At the end of day everything is hard earned money which everybody would like to save in every possible way. Am sorry if i am rude , some of the comments here are really a bit inappropriate!
I believe the 15% is out of the total usage in the nation which includes factories, Trains, Ships, Boats and Power Plants and not just limited to automobiles. So 15% is not that small and wont be 15% when you exclude all the other consumers. Correct me if I am wrong.

People who sit in an office and look at computers are not doing something for entertainment or amusement. Most of them are straining their heads and eyes on that screen. Try sitting in front of a monitor, seven or eight hours for six days a week. You will literally cook your brain.

An Aria is not a necessity for work, Whatever you may do, Just like Beemers, Mercs or Rollers. And if any one who has no problem in spending money for his fuel will buy a petrol if there is a petrol option available. Try driving a diesel beemer and then try driving a petrol. If you dont mind spending that extra buck, You will go for the petrol, No doubt.

A guy who rides on a scooter with two kids and a wife,(Endangering theirs and his lives) paying more than what he should for fuel is not doing that cause he wants to, But cause he can't probably afford a better deal. And the person who rolls in a Diesel barge is getting a discount which the guy on the scooter does not get. It is his Constitutional Right to Equality[rules] and indiscrimination that is being violated here and what makes you eligible for a cut off? You being a hard worker is not an excuse to discriminate the scooter guy. Everyone likes to not pay any taxes and save their hard earned money, But we don't and can't run a nation that way. And earn more, pay more, enjoy more? At whose expense? Sorry to be harsh but I cant and wont favor anyone anywhere, Period.

Last edited:

Yes Aria is not really a necessity for us , but a diesel SUV is.

And no offence taken bro , i just take this as a healthy arguement.[cheers]

Yes i agree with you and i clearly mentioned i am okay with the Rs.7 diesel hike(unsubsidised). But i wont accept if both start retailing at the same price. Yes every job is difficult and everybody earns their money by working hard be it a biker or a Merc owner. But in our job we have to travel a lot and in quick time too else we lose money , so this price hike directly affects us more monetarily compared to corporates or others who own petrol cars and don't travel more.

But seriously i think this is all Government's fault. Why make people run behind diesel like mad and then one fine day cause a ruckus and chaos? They should have removed the subsidy for private car owners long time back. If that had happened we would not be having this arguement now.

I would still not support this move , increase the excise duty instead and compensate the losses. This move will only lead to black market!

It's our government only made all these stupid subsidies and taught our people to live with subsidies [anger]. IMO those people crying for diesel subsidy should be treated as national enemies.
Me too have booked a corolla altis diesel and it is not only because of diesel is cheaper but also it is more efficient in both city traffic and highways.

And common man (what kind of man it may be ) can use either a maruti 800 the best value for money car or a Tata Nano.

This move will only lead to black market!
Absolutely correct but why people of India should own the burden of such an increase ! It is actually Govt. responsibility to ensure parity to be maintained but this time around everything is going against them.

I read somewhere long time back that Govt. owned companies would run to support people of this country and would not work as a profit making institution. But I think interest has shifted.[confused]

AMG

Suspended

You are cent per cent right there!

Well said and I agree in total.

Oh yes there will be an impact, You will see less Innovas and other SUVs with one person behind the wheel driving to office.

I believe the 15% is out of the total usage in the nation which includes factories, Trains, Ships, Boats and Power Plants and not just limited to automobiles. So 15% is not that small and wont be 15% when you exclude all the other consumers. Correct me if I am wrong.

People who sit in an office and look at computers are not doing something for entertainment or amusement. Most of them are straining their heads and eyes on that screen. Try sitting in front of a monitor, seven or eight hours for six days a week. You will literally cook your brain.

An Aria is not a necessity for work, Whatever you may do, Just like Beemers, Mercs or Rollers. And if any one who has no problem in spending money for his fuel will buy a petrol if there is a petrol option available. Try driving a diesel beemer and then try driving a petrol. If you dont mind spending that extra buck, You will go for the petrol, No doubt.

A guy who rides on a scooter with two kids and a wife,(Endangering theirs and his lives) paying more than what he should for fuel is not doing that cause he wants to, But cause he can't probably afford a better deal. And the person who rolls in a Diesel barge is getting a discount which the guy on the scooter does not get. It is his Constitutional Right to Equality[rules] and indiscrimination that is being violated here and what makes you eligible for a cut off? You being a hard worker is not an excuse to discriminate the scooter guy. Everyone likes to not pay any taxes and save their hard earned money, But we don't and can't run a nation that way. And earn more, pay more, enjoy more? At whose expense? Sorry to be harsh but I cant and wont favor anyone anywhere, Period.

:agree:

Thats why I respect you Jalex.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's our government only made all these stupid subsidies and taught our people to live with subsidies [anger]. IMO those people crying for diesel subsidy should be treated as national enemies.
Me too have booked a corolla altis diesel and it is not only because of diesel is cheaper but also it is more efficient in both city traffic and highways.

And common man (what kind of man it may be ) can use either a maruti 800 the best value for money car or a Tata Nano.
+1 to that. It is our govt which first brought the subsidies and then kept on sticking to it, to satisfy the vote bank. And now as there are no more avenues to fill their own coffers, they had to resort to this.

I am not against the deregularisation. As AMG said, prices are going to rise. THAT IS INEVITABLE (oh I love saying that). But at least if diesel and petrol are brought to similar levels, 2 things should happen:-
A. excise duty on diesel cars should be removed! Why does the govt want to earn both ways.
B. Reduce those fricking taxes. Why on earth are taxing something so important so much? Tax on entertainment. People spend thousands in one night big tamashas, tax them!!!![frustration]

I am really sorry if i had sounded rude and offended any corporate workers here. I din't mean to attack any member here. I know how hard it is to sit at one place and keep staring at the monitor all day long , that is why i din't get into this field at first place.

I just wanted to say in general that people are sometimes jealous of the diesel car owners who enjoy the subsidy but they forget the fact that for their minimal running Petrol car suits them better. Just quoted corporates for an example!:sorry:

Looking at the way things go , i think i will start a new thread for the purchase of a new tractor!

AMG

Suspended

Why not buy an used 5th hand tractor, like I am planning to. *

* Conditions apply

Yes Aria is not really a necessity for us , but a diesel SUV is.

And no offence taken bro , i just take this as a healthy arguement.[cheers]

Yes i agree with you and i clearly mentioned i am okay with the Rs.7 diesel hike(unsubsidised). But i wont accept if both start retailing at the same price. Yes every job is difficult and everybody earns their money by working hard be it a biker or a Merc owner. But in our job we have to travel a lot and in quick time too else we lose money , so this price hike directly affects us more monetarily compared to corporates or others who own petrol cars and don't travel more.

But seriously i think this is all Government's fault. Why make people run behind diesel like mad and then one fine day cause a ruckus and chaos? They should have removed the subsidy for private car owners long time back. If that had happened we would not be having this arguement now.

I would still not support this move , increase the excise duty instead and compensate the losses. This move will only lead to black market!
Dhaya, I drive a petrol microcar, Can't afford anything else at the moment to be frank. I have to travel a minimum of 60Kms (60Kms if I car pool, 82Kms if I don't) for atleast 20 days of the month. In excess of 250 or more some days when I go outstation to work. Every time the petrol price gets hiked, I have to bear up with that and I dont get any increase in what I make. Even the band that I wear around my neck at court costs 33% more now. I also have to hike my clerks' and steno's pays. But I can't increase my Fees even 5%. Cause there is always another guy who can afford a diesel and benefit from the subsidy instead to balance the costs. I somehow manage by giving up something in life to survive the hike. Don't have any other options. And the other guy obviously has a better deal at my and other petrol-head's expense, literally screwing our livelihoods.

You or anyone with a diesel car wont mind the addition in excise duty,Be it Rs.50,000 or 1,00,000. Cause you will probably get it back when you sell the car as seconds. And so in my opinion increasing the excise duty is the wrong move and so is creating two different price slabs for Diesel.

Peter has already said about the point in making people run after Diesel and then creating a ruckus.

Slapping a half yearly tax(Like I've already said many times.) like say Rs.15,000X2 will work. But then again, the politicians and their leeches will miss a chance for making some dough out of black marketing so the idea wont turn out to be a reality probably.

Last edited:

i don't know about politician but petrol pump owner will love it reason they get some extra money even if they charge Rs. 1 or 2 per litre above rate given to truck they will make lot of money .

look like someone from inside planned this idea very cleverly

i don't know about politician but petrol pump owner will love it reason they get some extra money even if they charge Rs. 1 or 2 per litre above rate given to truck they will make lot of money .

look like someone from inside planned this idea very cleverly
Very true and they very well can and will for sure make an even bigger profit even if they sell it for just a rupee less. And thats why I say no two different price slabs.

The government is leeching on us and its high time we started to kick back[anger]

AMG

Suspended

The people starting troubling the govt by supporting Anna Hazare(Lakhe Crorey) And Baba Ramdev.

Now the govt finally got an oppurtunity to give one back to the people.

Also dont forget, if theyincrease prices now, how will the reduce it just before the polls. [lol]

Jalex i understand your situation , i for now can live with the Rs.7 price hike. Our running in quite high and so in the end like you have said we will end up saving some money. I hope the Government has thought well about this issue before taking this decision. In the end finally even if diesel and petrol prices touch upto even Rs.100 per liter we will end up paying the money. How much ever i crib now i will pay how much ever the prices are because that is how much we are dependent on our rides these days! Sorry if i had offended you in my previous posts! I think all the members are mature enough and more like friends how much ever we argue or debate![cheers]

And hey doesn't mean if i have two diesel cars i don't care about petrol or bikers , i still use my bike daily and its quite disheartening when i get only 1.5Lts now for Rs.100![frustration]

Top Bottom