Car for my NRI brother

Thread Starter #1
My brother is coming to India after a long time and wants to get reminded of India when he left in the 80's and wanted a car to remind him of the same. What cars should he look for and what should he be aware off? Also please let me know how much should he be spending on this. He currently own a Lexus, so looking for performance which is comparable.

Does your brother want to remind of old times ,
then it must be a ambassador /800/gypsy

And if you mean he want this trip to be remembered
get him a jetta / passat even bmw's are available here.

What is your budget?

350Z

Core Team
My brother is coming to India after a long time and wants to get reminded of India when he left in the 80's and wanted a car to remind him of the same. What cars should he look for and what should he be aware off? Also please let me know how much should he be spending on this. He currently own a Lexus, so looking for performance which is comparable.
Which Lexus does he owns currently in abroad? I don’t think that he can get a car from 80’s which has comparable performance as of a current Lexus.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Raj, would be great if you could share more details of how much do you want to spend, your budget, is your brother coming back permanentely, or for time being so that we could suggest you better options to suit your needs.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for answering and helping me out. My brother is coming to India permanently. He owns a LEXUS GS currently in the States and wants to buy a car with the comfort of a LEXUS for this personal use. He does not have any budget in mind as of now.

Please give your suggestions.

I don think any car of the 80's will provide the performance of a Lexus.

Without telling a budget its difficult to suggest a car , since there are good comfortable performance oriented cars right from 20Lakhs all the way upto even crores!

Without telling a budget its difficult to suggest a car , since there are good comfortable performance oriented cars right from 20Lakhs all the way upto even crores!
Exactly. There are numerous car. IMO have a look at this thread and put up your requirements for your car.

Top Bottom