Car Coolant Top up for Volkswagen Vento.

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,
My boss has a Vento TDi Highline, today I noticed the engine oil & coolant levels are almost touching the minimum mark. Service frequency as per the showroom guys is once every 15000kms, as of now car has completed 13,500kms.

Attached pictures is of the coolant level & the oil level. Usually when my car (800) coolant level drops I just add water. But this is a brand new car & I dont want to experiment with this, so please advice what to do. As the car will be given for service may be in a months time. Is it okay if I top it up with fresh coolant?
Photo0514.jpg

Photo0510.jpg

Photo0513.jpg
What is the name & use of this mat/ carpet fixed under the bonnet?

Thanks in advance

Ss80

Re: Car Coolant top up for Vento.

I dont think the coolant level low is a good sign. IMO get the coolant topped up by ASS and look out for any leakages (if any) which might have caused sudden loss of liquid inside.

Further more, its better to get the coolant replaced/topped up with coolant liquid only and not with water for better efficiency.

PS: The so called mat under the hood is Under bonnet/hood insulation.

Yes you can fill the coolant up with clean filtered water and you can fill up the oil to the middle mark, both can be done at the A.s.s for free upon request.
It is not abnormal for a regular A.S.S serviced car to be found this way [evil]
That is heat/noise insulation.

Thread Starter #4
Yes you can fill the coolant up with clean filtered water and you can fill up the oil to the middle mark, both can be done at the A.s.s for free upon request.
It is not abnormal for a regular A.S.S serviced car to be found this way [evil]
That is heat/noise insulation.
The car is yet to be given for first service, the first service is itself mentioned at 15000kms!

Can I get that insulation mat for 800? will that make any difference to the noise generated by the engine?

I dont think the coolant level low is a good sign. IMO get the coolant topped up by ASS and look out for any leakages (if any) which might have caused sudden loss of liquid inside.

Further more, its better to get the coolant replaced/topped up with coolant liquid only and not with water for better efficiency.

PS: The so called mat under the hood is Under bonnet/hood insulation.
Can you suggest me any coolant brand/ company name. Some cars use green coolant (like 800) & vento uses this light pink type. Not sure what the difference is. Dont want to top up with the wrong one. Asked a local shop "Coolant for vento) & he says what colour it is! Dint want to trust him.

He looked at me as if he heard it (VW VENTO) for the first time, he sells these engine oils & brake fluids.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team

Is it okay if I top it up with fresh coolant?
Yes, it is fine to top-up.

What is the name & use of this mat/ carpet fixed under the bonnet?
This is called sound deadening material. More or less used in Diesel cars to reduce the noise level.

Can I get that insulation mat for 800? will that make any difference to the noise generated by the engine?
Yes. You can install it on the interior panels of 800. A couple of related topics:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/do-yourself/4551-damping-ritz-reduce-road-noise.html

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-entertainment/1882-what-damping-how-does-helps.html

Can you suggest me any coolant brand/ company name. Some cars use green coolant (like 800) & vento uses this light pink type. Not sure what the difference is. Dont want to top up with the wrong one. Asked a local shop "Coolant for vento) & he says what colour it is! Dint want to trust him.
Please refer to the ownership manual and stick to its recommendation.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well topping up is another but aren't you missing something? check for leaks.Coolant level this low at this early stage along with engine oil level drop can be a serious issue!

Thread Starter #7

Yes, it is fine to top-up.

This is called sound deadening material. More or less used in Diesel cars to reduce the noise level.

Yes. You can install it on the interior panels of 800. A couple of related topics:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/do-yourself/4551-damping-ritz-reduce-road-noise.html

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-entertainment/1882-what-damping-how-does-helps.html

Please refer to the ownership manual and stick to its recommendation.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Hi 350Z
Thanks for the links, it was surely useful. Will start the search for manual today[:)]
Not sure where to start.Will update this thread too about Vento oil/ coolant Spec

Ss80

Thread Starter #8
Hi all,
after hunting a lot in the internet regarding Oil specs for Vento Diesel Highline, finally the looked into the manual.

I was shocked the manual had nothing written about the oil spec! It just said (a)

& below it was put like this

(a) - this information was not available at the time of publishing this book!

Called up VW Downtown & they too dint reveal much about its spec. Finally went to their showroom and purchase 1ltr oil. Topped it up myself, near off.

Oil Spec Used:
Castrol SAE 5W40

Cost: Rs.970/- (including tax etc)

Pictures for your reference, sorry for poor quality.
I also added water to the coolant tank & its working fine.

Coolant tank.jpg

Oil can back.jpg

Oil can front.jpg

Oil dipstick (1).jpg

Oil dipstick (2).jpg

Some accident.jpg
This last picture was at a parking lot very close to the VW showroom. I was just wondering in case somebody stole something out of this Vento (Parked carelessly like this, who will the customer talk to?

This last picture was at a parking lot very close to the VW showroom. I was just wondering in case somebody stole something out of this Vento (Parked carelessly like this, who will the customer talk to?
well maybe its taken for denting painting..workshops has tights securities so no one can steal anything!

Top Bottom