Car buying Spree - Booked 3 cars in 3 days - None for us!

Thread Starter #1
We booked 3 cars in 3 days, all for our company use.

1) We had an old 2003 model 800 here in mumbai which was being used by a staff. It was high time we gave him a new car. I shortlisted Ritz P, Ritz D, i10 Kappa 2, Swift P & Swift D for him. We left the ultimate decision on him since he would be the person who would be driving the car more than us! He found the Swift very cramped & dint like the looks of the i10, so it was the Ritz. Since his usage was quite low & he was used to petrol cars, he selected the Ritz VXi!. On-road price - Rs. 5.46 lakhs

2) We had an old Indica in kerela which we used sparingly & had given to a staff. Since the vehicle was prone to issues, even the staff reluctantly used it! Finally, we decided to replace it. It was a 2002 model Indica V2. We were to replace it with a Ritz or Figo diesel. but when we were about to sell the car, the local market rate we got was 80k max! Amazingly, TATA dealer promised us a deal of Rs. 1.5 lakh on an exchange offer, that is, if we buy an indica vista from them. I was a bit hesitant earlier but then considering the huge savings & the fact that, this car will be very rarely used by us, we booked the Indica Vista. there goes one tata & there comes another! Indica Vista Quadra is booked but I forgot which variant was booked, so i'll update on the pricing later.

3) Ours is a construction company & we needed a 7-8 seater SUV/MUV for carrying staff & labours from our sites. the vehicle needed to be rugged with good GC. This one was simple as the only options were Sumo/Spacio, Bolero & Trax. TATAs were rejected as they are not fit for such abuse (our personal experience) & we have one Trax Cruiser but their A.S.S is bad. so it was the bolero. we booked a Non-AC DI 2WD BS-3 Bolero. On-road price - 5.8 lakhs

Last edited:
wow, on the price of one fortuner you got for your companies empolyees 3 new vehicles, and yeah it seems all are perfect choice for their needs.Also share did you got the new vista or the older one.

Thread Starter #4
wow, on the price of one fortuner you got for your companies empolyees 3 new vehicles, and yeah it seems all are perfect choice for their needs.
Not even one fortuner! you can say one Aria!

a new fortuner costs 22L on road. these 3 will come to 16-17L on road.

Also share did you got the new vista or the older one.
We just booked yesterday, so we will get the new Vista.

And I thought 3 new cars ijn 3 months in my family was unique!!!
Congrats Rajeev, hope your staff are happy!!
its still unique Arkin. 3 cars was for your own use, these cars are not for our personal use as such.

Wow the buy back by the tata are amazing , but not for me ,
he quoted just 1L for my marina where i sold it for 1.67L outside . myself was too interested to buy a vista but since he was not agreeing more than 1L i bought a lancer(of course in 2nd hand).

Congrats on all the 3 drives!!

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations, Raj. I think the cars are booked at different locations, but you must share some pictures soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #11
Congrats Raj all seems to be perfect choices!

You have also gone in for another TATA![lol]
he he i was about to say that.
[thumbsup] true!

btw, in way way, i am glad we bought the vista. now i will come to know how much the "new gen" tatas (vista, manza & Aria) have improved from their older brothers in terms of fit & finish, refinement (though the engine is from FIAT, still!) & reliability.

if it turns out to be good, i will change my opinions about tata. if it does not, doesnt matter. we are not directly involved with the car!

ilango[speed thirst];54226 said:
Wow the buy back by the tata are amazing , but not for me ,
he quoted just 1L for my marina where i sold it for 1.67L outside . myself was too interested to buy a vista but since he was not agreeing more than 1L i bought a lancer(of course in 2nd hand).

Congrats on all the 3 drives!!
thanks. yes, even i was amazed by their offer. we were expecting nothing more than a lakh.

Congrats for your purchase Raj.
thanks akash.

Congratulations, Raj. I think the cars are booked at different locations, but you must share some pictures soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z
waiting period for Ritz is 45 days. other cars will be available in 2 weeks. if possible, i will click their pics.

by the way, why do you want to see the bolero's pic? its a bare basic white non-AC jeep!

Thread Starter #13
Sure, but i think by the time i reach kerela, the car would have spent many days on the construction site & would be all dirty & dusty! i hope you like dirty jeeps!

Thread Starter #14
3) Ours is a construction company & we needed a 7-8 seater SUV/MUV for carrying staff & labours from our sites. the vehicle needed to be rugged with good GC. This one was simple as the only options were Sumo/Spacio, Bolero & Trax. TATAs were rejected as they are not fit for such abuse (our personal experience) & we have one Trax Cruiser but their A.S.S is bad. so it was the bolero. we booked a Non-AC DI 2WD BS-3 Bolero. On-road price - 5.8 lakhs
Cancelled the booking of Non-AC DI 2WD Bolero.

Booked a Bolero SLE (comes with AC) instead. On-road price - 6.42 lakhs

We later thought to buy a AC bolero for the staff as it was just a matter of 60k, one time investment. We dint opt for SLX as SLX has power windows, door open warning, keyless entry, CD player, etc and all these things would go kaput in site conditions. so, its best to buy a bare vehicle with minimalistic electronics, so the SLE.

the advantages SLE has over DI are-
1) coil spring front suspension
2) power steering
3) AC

i think 60k is justified for the above 3 features. also, there are some cosmetic changes too, like it comes with painted bumpers & sporty decals! comes with a 3 year warranty for engine & drivetrain & 1 year warranty for others.

http://www.mahindrabolero.com/Bolero-SLE.html

Last edited:

Top Bottom