Can Swift's Steering Be Fitted On An Alto?

Thread Starter #1
I've been very interested to get a steering swap with that of the Swift from the day I got my car. I tried asking the dealers,MASS and mechanics,but no use no one knows for sure and no one seems to care.[confused] I would like to know if anyone has tried this and if it can be done without any mods on an Alto,that is by just removing the nut and swapping the Swift steering wheel directly on to the Alto. The Spares shop people told me that the Swift steering will come at around 1800 Rupees or so. Any pointers? Anybody?

350Z

Core Team
Hello Jalex, It is possible but my personal advise would be to avoid fiddling with parts of your car like Steering Wheel and could you tell why you want to do so?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
Oh sorry for starting the thread in the wrong place. I was thinking of a DIY hence the thread there. The reason I want to use a Swift steering wheel is that I am used with smaller diameter steering wheels. Its more comfortable for my kind of driving. I'm used with the smaller dia steering wheels as I had it on my earlier 800 which I used to use for autocrosses. That wheel was a Momo replica and it cost me 3400 Rupees back then. I thought on trying the Swift's steering wheel as it is much cheaper and has better fit and finish than the cheaper aftermarket replicas. If I need to go for the best then I'll have to shell out a bomb for the Sparco,my favorite. So I thought of the Swift's wheel as it looks nice too.
-----------Next Post-----------
ilango[speed thirst];25443 said:
A big YES , you can . expecting the picture after fixing them
Sure? That would be great![:D]

Last edited:
Yes. It can be done.

But not recommended :)

Still if yopu need it, any car accessory shop can do that for you. But make sure you get proper installation.

Practise safe driving first with your new wheels then drive as usual.

Thread Starter #6
Yes. It can be done.

But not recommended :)

Still if yopu need it, any car accessory shop can do that for you. But make sure you get proper installation.

Practise safe driving first with your new wheels then drive as usual.
I dont think I'll have any problem with that,I used smaller diameter wheels on my 800 for over 11 years and used to do autocrosses. The Swift wheel is bigger still and its not a big problem at all. I like the looks and the chunkiness of the Swift's wheel. It also makes it easy to turn in on hairpins and fast turns.

Yes , fix it on alignment center , or when fixing yourself , lock a wheel in a straight position and remove keys to lock , turn to hear click of lock and fix in same postion to maintain straightness of steering wheel

Thread Starter #8
ilango[speed thirst];25517 said:
Yes , fix it on alignment center , or when fixing yourself , lock a wheel in a straight position and remove keys to lock , turn to hear click of lock and fix in same postion to maintain straightness of steering wheel
Yes,I do that sometimes as a DIY,the alignment centres around my place are always full and we have to wait for an hour or so that too after making an appointment,they usually dont test drive after it as they are always short of time and many people are waiting turns and so the steering is almost always to a side. I fix it myself,infact just did it two days back as it was two points in excess to the left. Its an easy task and I take around 5 minutes.

Try and get a wheel with the audio controls. I think the ZXi models (SX4, Swift, Ritz & A-Star) have it. Then get your hands on a stock HU from one of these models (many people upgrade to better stuff) and plonk it into the Alto.

Yes,I do that sometimes as a DIY,the alignment centres around my place are always full and we have to wait for an hour or so that too after making an appointment,they usually dont test drive after it as they are always short of time and many people are waiting turns and so the steering is almost always to a side. I fix it myself,infact just did it two days back as it was two points in excess to the left. Its an easy task and I take around 5 minutes.
Manual works most of time , but some time there will be no straight point. Either slightest left or right. It needs adjustment at down (rack setting , racer dabba , what is the exact term?)

And Peter , a steering wheel with audio control need a head set with steering audio control output , i suppose

Top Bottom