Can Renault Fluence ‘Influence’ the Indian Market?

Re: Can Renault Fluence ‘Influence’ the Indian Market?

This is suicidal pricing by Renault. There are many better options available in this price range. [thumbsdown]
I am not sure of the Fluence fate after looking at the prices and the equipment onboard.
The Petrol version gets all bells and whistles which includes two tone leather upholstery, Climate control, Engine Start/Stop switch, Smart Access, Cruise Control, Bluetooth connectivity, ABS, ESP, airbags, parking sensors.
On the other hand, Diesel version which has a puny 1.5L heart under the hood. In the name of features Fluence diesel has a Music system with 4 speakers, full fabric seat, airbags, ABS, EPS.

View attachment 20619

Renault has launched its premium sedan Fluence. The car will be available with 2 engine options:

• 2.0L Petrol Engine: Max. Power Output of 137Bhp priced at Rs. 14.4 Lacs, this version will be available only with A/T(Automatic) transmission.
  • 1.5L Diesel Engine: Priced at Rs. 12.99 Lacs, this version will be available only with Manual transmission.
OMG!!! Bad pricing strategy for a company branded for "TAXI".

Re: Can Renault Fluence ‘Influence’ the Indian Market?; Now Launched at Rs. 12.99 lac

This is straight forward ridiculous pricing.

Only plausible explanation that I could think of is that Renault launched Fluence knowing that it won't be a success story at all. Probably they want to create the image of a premium brand. They priced it astronomically so that even a small volume might make it profitable entity.

I think Fluence may not hit even 100 mark per month. And Renault probably know it.

I could not think of any other explanation. Guys please share if you have any justification of the pricing.

Re: Can Renault Fluence ‘Influence’ the Indian Market?; Now Launched at Rs. 12.99 lac

Here are some pics of the Renault Fluence from their official webpage.

Renault_Fluence face.jpg

Fluence Face.jpg

Instrument cluster.jpg

Auto climate control.jpg

Interiors.jpg

Any updates about the specs and feature list of this car?

+1 to Nuvo , the petrol version with all bells and whistles can give a tough competition to Altis , Jetta and Laura. But diesel version will not stand a chance against Cruze! Cruze looks better , an amazing performer and loaded with more features than Fluence.

Here's the New TV Commercial of Renault Fluence.
This ad was mostly shot in & around Pune. The glass buildings visible in the last shot of the ad are from Magarpatta IT-Park in Pune, same place where Aamir Khan's ad for Mahindra Stallio was shot. [:)]
Came to know later. So missed a chance to click some snaps of the Fluence. [roll]

Thread Starter #53

350Z

Core Team
Update! Renault India will be launching Fluence Diesel with new upmarket variant like that of E4 in Petrol. Expect a price hike of approx. Rs.80,000+ than existing E4 Petrol variant. Source: Autocar India

Drive Safe,
350Z

well hope new variant will grow sales but renault has no presence!! i never saw any fluence ad on tv till now!!

Thread Starter #55

350Z

Core Team
Meanwhile stripped down variants hits the market, Renault is offering Fluence with Stanley seat covers and rear parking sensors. The company has tagged it as Renault Fluence Festive Edition. (Courtesy: Motorbeam).

Drive Safe,
350Z

new fluence diesel launch tomorrow! source - autocarindia

The new powerplant, called the 1.5 Energy dCi 110 features an upgraded turbo that helps power go upto 108bhp. The air intake has been simplified to achieve more efficient, up-rated turbo performance and this means, the updated Fluence should have a stronger bottom-end performance and reduced turbo-lag as compared to the current version. This engine upgrade on the Fluence diesel seems quite a significant one.

The steering wheel in fluency gets stuck in my legs, near knee.
And the rear seat lumbar support is non-existent.
The cabin space is also quite small for a car in such segment. When I informed this to sales manager of Renault Shivajinagar, he said several people complained for the same thing & they will raise this issue with co. at the time of feedback.

Don't know when will we see upgraded model from Renault.
The only thing I liked about Fluence is its shape from outside which is quite unique & looks good in white.

Thread Starter #58

350Z

Core Team
Renault has upgraded the 1.5 Litre Diesel Engine in Fluence E4 to produce an output of 108BHP and 24.3 Kgm Torque. The car has ARAI claimed mileage of 20.4 Kmpl and pricing starts from Rs.15.2 Lakhs (Ex. Showroom, Delhi).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Fluence is one stylish sedan currently in India I will chose it anyday over skoda Laura .

Top Bottom