Calling all Scorpio Owners from Mumbai for Accessorising

Thread Starter #1
Got my scorpio Sle today. [:D]
Got the matts from the showroom.
Unfortunately the dealer does not have 3M sunfilm.
Though the SE recommended me V-kool but he also suggested me to get them outside since Charges from the dealership would be higher.
So if any body in and around the western suburbs please suggest me where i could get those V-Kool get at a reasonable rates.

Also shops where i could get an ICE installed.
Please pour in your suggestions.
thanks in advance.

congrats for scorp buddy! put some pics. well for sunfilms both are great brands but they have different variant of sunfilms so decide accordingly from your budget!

Thread Starter #3
well. i will post the pics. waiting for a decent camera to arrive. :tongue:
i am complete nob about which variant to apply.

searched hard and there is some confusion with RE30/50 and CR70(front).

dealers says that pricing will be around 2.8K. but online forum suggests it will cost higher.

i am confused right now :confused:

Last edited:
well why should you believe anyone when dealer is himself giving decent price?? only make sure its genuine and they give you proper bill with its name!

Thread Starter #5
well why should you believe anyone when dealer is himself giving decent price?? only make sure its genuine and they give you proper bill with its name!
sorry for confusing you

because the dealer was a mahindra SE and they do not provide sunfilming with 3M.:frown:

they have garware which they were charging for 3.5k.

the Se recommended that if i get the filming done from outside i can save money. [confused]

Last edited:
Yes indeed you can save money and the installation will also be good if done from outside. Most of the dealership do a shoddy work of putting the sunfilms with lots of bubbles!

Since you are in Mumbai why don't you go to the 3M car care and get genuine 3M sunfilms done from them. I have 3M sunfilm in my Aria for over a year now and i give it a [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #7
Yes indeed you can save money and the installation will also be good if done from outside. Most of the dealership do a shoddy work of putting the sunfilms with lots of bubbles!

Since you are in Mumbai why don't you go to the 3M car care and get genuine 3M sunfilms done from them. I have 3M sunfilm in my Aria for over a year now and i give it a [thumbsup]
would like to know which variant in 3M did you choose and the pricing for them.

I don't remember the exact number , it's RE something i guess.

It costed 5.5k for me a year back in Chennai , i did not do it in front windshield.

Thread Starter #9
Are there any disadvantages in not doing those front filming?
We do not do a lot of night travelling and even if we do them they would be mostly to mumbai -shirdi route.
Has anybody found better visibility with those cr70 with The reduction of glare of those opposing headlights during night travel?
Does this dim the brightness during those normal travelling?

I will leave this for the others to comment who have done it in their ride.

I once sat in an Innova with front filming done and i was not satisfied with the dim in brightness , it bothered me!

But i have seen many people here in forum itself comment that front filming reduces the night glare and it's not a hinderance while driving.

350Z

Core Team
Got my scorpio Sle today.
Congrats. Where is the review and pictures?

Though the SE recommended me V-kool but he also suggested me to get them outside since Charges from the dealership would be higher.
Have the sales persons become too honest, of late? Even my dealer also advised against installing such accessories from their own dealership. :wink:

Are there any disadvantages in not doing those front filming?
No disadvantages as such. You can get a sun shade if you are bothered over tinting the front windscreen. Just put it up while the car is parked and it should suffice.

We do not do a lot of night travelling and even if we do them they would be mostly to mumbai -shirdi route.
Has anybody found better visibility with those cr70 with The reduction of glare of those opposing headlights during night travel? Does this dim the brightness during those normal travelling?
It depends upon the visibility level of sun films. Legally it should be maximum 50% for front and rear and 70% for sides.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12
Waiting for a decent camera to put up those pictures.
If i do not get a decent camera will put them up using my mobile camera Then .
Well the SE initially tried to put up with great discount schemes for finance, insurance etc.
But we did not opt for finance, got insurance from outside.
Even that turned out cheap.
So the overall discount was not that large.

But overall he was not strict with those getting all those extra options done from the dealership.
Same with ICE fitting.

Also need to know If do need to opt for a gear lock.
I said to him about the theft issue with mhawk.
To which he suggested that the theft thing was an issue with the 08 models and the newer models do not require the gear lock.
Same about the reset of the nippon code.

He said that keys now have an antenna so a duplicate key wont start your engine.

Also that the newer codes for the remote are now randomly created & encrypted which do not need to be reset.

Need some clarifications on that count.

350Z

Core Team
Also need to know If do need to opt for a gear lock. I said to him about the theft issue with mhawk. To which he suggested that the theft thing was an issue with the 08 models and the newer models do not require the gear lock. Same about the reset of the nippon code.
Security features are essential and I do recommend. If not a gear lock, invest for something else which is useful. You can also refer to the following threads for more:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ur-car-theft-tips-tricks.html?highlight=theft

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ust-consider-accessories.html?highlight=theft

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Gorgeous she looks. That's a decent image. Awaiting for further details in an ownership review.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom