Buying Used Hyundai Accent Viva CRDi in Tight Budget

Thread Starter #1
hello guys,
i am highly in a state of dilemma in deciding whether to go with accent viva CRDi or not.
As the cons heard about it on the forums are not less than ghost nightmares which make you wet in payjamas,specially when one have a constrained budget of 2 lakhs or say upto 1.65 lakhs respectively.
As i live in hyderabad and the car is only to be used for 25 days a month i.e 30 kms everyday and sometimes 100-200kms twice a year so i felt need of a diesel mill which happily crunch miles being light on pocket,as petrol can't be considered because of high petrol prices.
My expectations are:
1) boot with enough space to gulp atleast one medium suitcase and a handbag
2) low maintenance cost
3) effective handling
4) good mileage
considering above features i totalled on viva crdi but knowing about all the incidents with 3 pot engine i am doubting whether to go with this engine as i won't like to spend a penny on the car except the service costs and the fuel costs as it makes no sense to spend money on car whose engine gives you trouble.
I request all the TAI mates and members who own/owned and the mods to pour there valuable inputs.
a) cost of service and the price of spares,
b)whether spares in greymarket are easily available or not
[confused]
My biggest problem is there any chances of getting it in such a constrain budget if yes too whether i am making a right decision or it makes no sense-
dear fellows pleeaase help me i am dying noww!!

Re: Please Say Momy - Can I Go with Viva CRDi in Tight Budget?

Hmmm i don't much much about Viva CRDI but why don't you try Accent CRDI instead? I think you can get one for around 2.5Lakhs.

I don't own one or have owned one. But people in my friend's circle who owned one had only horror to report. Expensive and problematic,they say. Also it's a 3 pot, so NVH is not that great.

It's such an irony considering that Hyundai's present diesel mills are superb mile crunchers (i.e Verna/i20 engine)

Thread Starter #4
Hmmm i don't much much about Viva CRDI but why don't you try Accent CRDI instead? I think you can get one for around 2.5Lakhs.
IMO viva has a nice rear and also it should be priced lower than normal accent because of the cutted boot and i feel like 2.5 is quite higher for it as many of the members reported of selling it around 1.8L or 2L so am i hoping to get one more cheaper[:D]
Atleast Hope so!!

I don't own one or have owned one. But people in my friend's circle who owned one had only horror to report. Expensive and problematic,they say. Also it's a 3 pot, so NVH is not that great.

It's such an irony considering that Hyundai's present diesel mills are superb mile crunchers (i.e Verna/i20 engine)
+1 to that mate i am still in same dilemma for the pity 3 pot engine who is said revv hard!![frustration]

Last edited by a moderator:

I think a wiser option would be a Logan. A gem of an engine. The car is really good if you can live with the looks. My brother did a lakh kms on his Logan without any problems. The car is still in use.

well why are you considering it also when you know about its horror stories?? you can get OHC or lancer also in that budget if you dont want diesel only.

Thread Starter #7

well why are you considering it also when you know about its horror stories?? you can get OHC or lancer also in that budget if you dont want diesel only.
As i be making trips to ibrahimpatnam everyday which is 30 kms from my place so its necessary to have a diesel car and here there are alot of old vtecs going for 1.6L but considering cost of maintenance of such old machines and also the petrol prices rising i neglected petrol cars.

Dont go for old diesel stuff, will surely costly to maintain. Try to find Esteem, Baleno, Pterol accent, if possible try LPG.

Thread Starter #10

@ surfer whether lpg can be fitted in vtec and if yes then is it easy to maintain,
how about the zen di,do it have any turbolag or high maintenance costs?

Dont buy accent crdi in second hand.

I got one {wanted a diesel mill badly and one fellow exchanged this for my modded petrol lancer} , later i gave to my uncle.
it was 1L kms run and will be fine enough for next 30 to 40k kms before a major overhaul as smokes were comming out from oil sump on opening dip stick!!

another member"holysatan" spend about 60000 on his accent engine , now its peice of mind for him , though not so worth!!

Almost many accent crdi is not so good. Only the one which is damn regularly serviced holds well .

Ride/pick up is superb in accent . Even a spidered figo is no match for stock accent crdi!

surfer whether lpg can be fitted in vtec and if yes then is it easy to maintain,
Yes it can be, only regular maintains required nothing special for lpg.
how about the zen di,do it have any turbolag or high maintenance costs?
No way, there are hardly any you can find though.

Thread Starter #13

@ ilango thanks for the concerned reply, i am living in the same fear of what you had to meet unforunately,if i would knowingly go with it then it may burn a hole in my pocket,may be its better to stay off from used accent crdi's.
@ surfer what would be an average cost for fitting lpg and any idea,how many kms can be done per kg of gas, finding a good vtec is a bit difficult they are in a lot numbers here but i can do some excercise if it makes some sense.

Welcome ,

60 kms a day - still you can use petrol as your daily drive.
Numerous calculations are there online , as far as your monthly running do not exceed 2500kms , you could very well use a petrol.

Petrol cars are less abused in the 2nd hand market.

For buying a @nd hand accent crdi , i hope you could get accent petrol!

Lpg fixing cost nearly 14000 to 38, 42k , depending upon type etc , btw i am not a fan of lpg!!

Zen di's are hard to find , also zen di's have got their apron panel crack now a days due to heavy weight of engine. Worry not , OE panels are available at mgp. buy , weld iit fix. paint it , cruise it!

accent old gen diesel had same engine! Buy them if can. cheaper!!

Thread Starter #15
Re: Please Say Momy - which carr..errr!!

Guys my hunt still continues i am in need of your valuable feedbacks from accent lancer diesel,or any lpg/cng owners on maintenance costs,mileage etc.. pleaj reply to me...[gun][angry]
the search still continues.....

Top Bottom