Buying My First Car For Rs.5 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
Hello, members of TAI, Im Jaikumar from Bangalore. This is my first post here. I am in a confusion in buying my first car. The budget is within 5 lakhs. My choice was Alto K10, Hyundai i10, Beat, Ritz & Indica ev2. But due to the increase in petrol prices so fast i decided to change to the alternative fuel LPG as there is no option of CNG pumps in Bangalore. I am in confusion with Wagon R, Beat, Santro Xing. Im newly Married so no need of big size cars. I travel daily for about 20kms and a long trip once in six months say 200kms to 400 kms.
Please advice me in this matter and also give me suggestions of used cars also.
Thank You, Waiting for your valuable suggestions.[confused]

350Z

Core Team
Hi Jaikumar,
Welcome to The Automotive India.

Out of the cars mentioned by you, i feel the New Chevrolet Beat will suit your needs. The new smartec engine is more powerful as compared to the older engine. Also you get an LPG version which will keep the running costs less.

Ramukiaj,welcome to TAI.

indica ev2 is a nice choice considering its fuel efficiency and tata backup which will make it cheap to maintain and value for money in long run.
indica ev2 is definitly a small car with good space and comfort inside.

but do have a look at the reputation of tata service centre in your locality and how good it is equipped with and what kind of people are running it.

Thread Starter #5
Re: Buying my first car

Thank You For ur advice. My Requirements are as follows:

My Budget: 5 lakhs
Priorites : Power windows, power steering, central locking, long running life, good mileage.
Monthly running : 750 kms in city once in six months tour 500kms approx.
Purpose : Daily to office and family run.
Max searing capacity: 5 (includes driver).
Fuel Type : Diesel/Petrol/LPG.
Body Type: Hatchback.

i have given u all my details. please advice..[:)]

Please suggest something about your driving exeperience of cars so far ! From your priorities, I can make out that you are not concerned about any particular thing which is unique or luxury to some extent as these features are by default now a days.

Have you test drove any car so far ? Diesel is not something you should look for I guess. 10000Kms approx annual running does not support going for a Diesel car. A good Petrol car should give you all the comfort you are looking for.

Please short list few cars as there are so many cars you car by in this budget (Petrol). Are you looking for top end varient or base ?

Thread Starter #7
Please suggest something about your driving exeperience of cars so far ! From your priorities, I can make out that you are not concerned about any particular thing which is unique or luxury to some extent as these features are by default now a days.

Have you test drove any car so far ? Diesel is not something you should look for I guess. 10000Kms approx annual running does not support going for a Diesel car. A good Petrol car should give you all the comfort you are looking for.

Please short list few cars as there are so many cars you car by in this budget (Petrol). Are you looking for top end varient or base ?
As you have asked, I have been driving from the past 8 years. i've driven from Ambassador's to Innova. But to say not the high end like Merc or Audi's.
thank you.

Well i am driving hyundai i10 era.I got it for 4 lakh on road.Awsome car it is.Just the pickup of my 1.1 engine requires >2.5 rpm when ac is switched on.But that is only because its 1.1 ltr engine . I10's 1.2 ltr engine is a lot better than the 1.1 ltr engine. I must say this should be in the list of top 5 options for a hatchback under 5 lakh !! you can also include swift under this budget but when comfort and quality is conserned i would prefer i10 over swift.

buy a diesel .

This is the advice am giving for lot of people around me. You will not regreat later.

accept that petrol car are fun to drive. easy to maintain. One of your friend may own them , drive them and enjoy! hehe

Increasing petrol rates is the only reason am advicing you to buy a diesel .

indica ev2 diesel is hell lot of improvement from prev gen indica.
its a crdi heart with increased torque and power.

Indica ev2 fits your bill perfect.

Next option , beat !
lpg prices are increasing too!

As you have asked, I have been driving from the past 8 years. i've driven from Ambassador's to Innova. But to say not the high end like Merc or Audi's.
thank you.

Good to note that you are a seasoned driver but still you did not answer my question about test driving any car thinking of buying it. Moreover, any list you have in mind ?

One of our friend suggest i10. It is a good car and fun to drive. As per ilango Diesel should be you choice but your running do not support that. Outing in 6 months that too not confirmed at times makes it a waste of money if you go for a Diesel or else you love the smell of Diesel [lol].

New Swift is on the cards and so is Etios Liva..Shop around if you are confused but short list few for us to start giving suggestion. Otherwise it is big ocean and diffcult to catch one [thumbsup]

Current Diesel engines are not bad ( i mean they are almost on par with its petrol counter part),

its really worth to extended your budget little bit for a diesel car as it saves money.

even if your running is lesser it wont affect

check out mahindra vertigo (aka old name logan) as its one of the trusted good diesel bet comes with the same old logan renault engine.
suggesting you to go for a test drive on swift, vertigo, indica v2 evo,

and the best thing if time alows please wait there are more diesel cars are comming sooner example Beat Diesel.

am using a Diesel Car,

i used to take it for a long ride 10 days once and short rite with in Bangalore weekly once..

bought on jan 28th kms crossed now is 4300 [average 1000+ kms per month]

initially even i thought the kms am going to use is very lesser but once i tasted it appetite grows like anything and keep driving

Hello, members of TAI, Im Jaikumar from Bangalore....
Welcome to TAI[:)]

You have a decent budget for both petrol & diesel.
Considering the mileage quoted by you, petrol hatch will do no harm to your pocket, but... this is the predicted / present scenario. Your driving may increase in future / near future. There is no room for the word may for the question 'petrol price drop???'

My suggestion is stick to a diesel heart. It is always better to invest on your asset rather than spending the saved money for consumable (petrol).

To be more specific, I vote for Figo diesel.

Hi I am looking for buying a new car and need some advice..
Budget: 4 lakhs

Your Location: Pune

Top 5 Priorities: 1.Average 2.Space 3.Good service 4.Value for money 5.Maintenance

Monthly Running: around 1000 kms

For Which Purpose: Office going (20kms to and fro) and twice mumbai return sometimes

Max. Seating Capacity: 5

Priority of Fuel Type: Petrol / Diesel / CNG

Body Type:Hatchback

I think for your running you can go for diesel but your budget does not permit one.

If you can increase your budget slightly you can consider Beat diesel and Indica diesel.

lxi.

Suspended
Hi, jaikumar. Welcome to TAI! With 5 lakh budget, i think you should go for The beat diesel TCDI. It will fulfil all your requirements except space, its rear seat is cramped and the boot is also small. Other wise, you can have a look at the vista, ritz, etc. Or you can consider the ritz vxi petrol.

Top Bottom