General Queries Of New Car & Bike Buyers

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Does anyone know the T&C for taking a test drive? I have tried on google and booking test drives online but don't see any comprehensive information on this.
Why you need Google for booking test drive? Which car you want to test drive? Go to your nearest dealer and ask for a test drive . There are no terms & conditions for Test drives.
After test driving you can take a decision whether to buy the car or not.!

I dont think there is any T&C for taking a TD other than a valid Driving Licence.

Why do you want to book a TD online, simply go to any car showroom,check your car in detail and ask the SA for a TD, as simple as that.
Why you need Google for booking test drive? Which car you want to test drive? Go to your nearest dealer and ask for a test drive . There are no terms & conditions for Test drives.
After test driving you can take a decision whether to buy the car or not.!
I am newbie driver [embarass] So I am kind of concerned about the T&C of damages etc. If it is my car I am on the hook while TD is not mine.

350Z

Core Team
I am newbie driver So I am kind of concerned about the T&C of damages etc. If it is my car I am on the hook while TD is not mine.
You’re required to submit a copy of driving license and sign on the disclaimer form before any dealership will permit a test drive.

Drive Safe,
350Z

In the current day, motorbikes are not a method for need but rather an extravagance or outright method of comfort. The enthrallment of purchasing your first arrangement of cogwheels can be head-turning. You might be one of them who needs to swing a leg over, turn that quickening agent and feel the breeze of opportunity coursing through your hair locks. Yet, simply hold your metal ponies, before you spend your cash on a machine, here are not many basic issues that you have to determine.
  • Consider Your Needs for Riding
  • Choose a Bike That Suits You
  • Consider a Long-term Budget
  • Think Before You Purchase, No Rush
  • Buy an Exciting Riding Machine

Purchasing a vehicle, regardless of whether it is new or second-hand, is certifiably not a simple process. This is a long and dubious method, especially for first-time purchasers. This is on the grounds that you need to think about numerous components, and this can be accomplished just in the event that you have some essential information about those elements. Here are some fundamental rules to be followed while purchasing a vehicle that will be able to explore what can in any case be a troublesome and scary measure. When you are outfitted with acceptable data, you will find that obtaining a vehicle is simpler and quicker than you might have anticipated. These are a thing to be taken care of while buying Cars
  • Decide the Type of Car You Need
  • Size of the Car
  • Engine and Fuel Savings
  • Safety Features
  • Comfort and Convenience Features
  • Passenger Volume and Cargo Space
  • Type of Driving Systems
  • Transmission Systems
  • Price of the Car

I am planning to get a KIA SELTOS and would like to know if we can get the free service or any major repairs done with Insurance claims at any Kia authorized service centers or is it mandatory to get it done only from the dealer you bought the vehicle from? Since I am taking insurance for my car outside the dealer and that doesn't have a cashless arrangement with the particular KIA dealer?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Any vehicle can be serviced at any authorized service centre irrespective of where you buy it. You may be able to read about this in the owner's manual/ Service Handbook.

I am starting this as a new thread because I have a few questions and I do not know under which thread I should put it. I have the following questions:

1. What does 'on road price mean'? Why does the price of a car changes depending upon the city in which it is being bought?

2. I bought a second had Maruti 800 last week. Can somebody give an idea about general maintenance of cars?

3. 800 has only 4 gears, so won't it be a problem to drive without 5th gear?

4. Whenever I am trying to change the gear, the car is stopping. what can I do to prevent it?

5. My seat adjustment is faulty so it is very inconvenient for me to sit and drive. Can the seat adjustment system be changed, and how much that would cost?
6. GTA V on the phone with the same image quality and gameplay as on the computer GTA 5 Mobile Free Download
Please somebody help me out.
I'd be happy to help you with your questions! Here are the answers:

The "on-road price" of a car refers to the total cost you will incur to purchase the car and legally drive it on the road. It includes the ex-showroom price (the cost of the car itself), as well as various additional expenses such as registration fees, road tax, insurance, and any other applicable charges. The price of a car can vary depending on the city because different cities may have different taxes and charges imposed by the local government, resulting in variations in the overall cost.

General maintenance of cars includes several aspects:

Regular oil changes: This helps to keep the engine running smoothly.
Routine inspections: Checking the tire pressure, fluid levels, lights, and brakes.
Scheduled servicing: Following the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule for items such as air filter replacement, spark plug replacement, and timing belt replacement.
Keeping the car clean: Regular washing and waxing helps to maintain the vehicle's appearance and protect the paint.
Addressing issues promptly: If you notice any unusual sounds, vibrations, or warning lights, it's important to have them checked by a qualified mechanic.
The Maruti 800 having only 4 gears should not be a significant problem for regular city driving. While having an additional gear can provide more flexibility and efficiency, many older cars were designed with 4-speed transmissions, and they can still perform adequately in urban environments. If you're primarily driving in the city and not frequently encountering situations where an extra gear would be beneficial, you should be able to drive without any major issues.

If your car is stalling when you try to change gears, it could indicate a problem with the clutch or the synchronization of the transmission. Here are a few things you can check:

Ensure that you're pressing the clutch pedal all the way down before attempting to change gears.
Rev the engine slightly while pressing the clutch to match the RPM (revolutions per minute) with the appropriate gear.
Avoid shifting too quickly or forcefully, as it can cause the gears to clash and make shifting difficult.
If the problem persists, it's best to have a qualified mechanic inspect your clutch system and transmission to diagnose and fix the issue.
If the seat adjustment system in your car is faulty, it may be possible to change or repair it depending on the specific issue. The cost of repair or replacement will vary depending on the extent of the problem and the availability of spare parts. It's recommended to visit a reputable car service center or a professional automotive upholsterer to assess the situation and provide an estimate for the repair or replacement of the seat adjustment system.

Top Bottom