Buying Cruze? Test Drive the Civic & Altis First!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
No, this is not what I’m saying but its General Motors. I’m not kidding. Chevy Cruze is about to go on sales in United States and GM has rather come up with an interesting marketing idea to encourage the buyers and let them test drive Honda Civic and Toyota Altis right at the Chevrolet dealership itself, before they go in for a Cruze. Although it shows the carmaker’s trust on their model but wondering how much successful will it prove to be? :smile: Click here for more details.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hmmm interesting but i would say Cruze excels only in performance and features. When it comes to comfort and space Civic and Altis are leagues ahead!

ah this strategy is used for Suzuki's Kizashi as well. Suzuki even pays u some amount of money if you dont choose the Kizashi.

If its just performance which a buyer is looking for then the title is apt.

But when it comes to sophistication. Civic & Atlis leads.

this is very confident marketing trick. ...but they must be offering something which they can show proudly to US but not practical in india where all we get is less. [anger]

@type-r hey great but again..not sounds practical for india. people will take money away for not choosing kizashi from dealership and go on other dealer and buy kizashi. Lol!!

I have not driven it but sat in all the above cars.

If comfort and sophistication( am only talking about seating comfort and leg room) is what you are looking for then the order is Civic>Altis>Cruze.

AMG

Suspended
Well, maybe they will install leaf spring suspension in the civic and altis.

And they will pick the base model.

then people will think cruze is more comfy.

So Chevy is so confident about their product.
Any person who has driven Cruze can comment on comfort levels here.
Ya Cruze is not bad at comfort levels.

It has very big cabin space, leg room, head room & shoulder room.

But some how you know, Comfort Level or ergnomics when compared to Japanese, US definitely lags !

@ AMG Good point! They might just do that!

@ Zinam No brother i don think the Cruze is as spacious as a Civic or Altis. The front seats of Cruze are really good but rear seats are pretty ordinary. I would say the leg room is the same as in a Swift or any C-segment sedan! These are my observations after checking out the car personally. Altis and Civic are much better when it comes to leg room at the rear. Even a tall guy like can manage to sit comfortably![thumbsup]

Space doesn't mean everything.. Thats why I said comfort levels are less when compared to Civic or Altis :)

Space doesn't mean everything.. Thats why I said comfort levels are less when compared to Civic or Altis :)
Zinam space does matter as you spend that much of money.
What is the use when you don't travel comfortably in a car.

Last edited:
Hey Mukesh!

Agree that Space means a lot when you spend.

But what I meant is Space is not everything!

For example, Indica has more rear cabin space than most of the hatch.

But is it comfortable ? Definitely not for everyone.

That is all I said about :)

Thread Starter #15

350Z

Core Team
Yes, most likely the dealerships will keep base models of rival cars, but adding leaf springs idea sounds absolutely absurd, and Please, let us not have any Civic vs Cruze vs Altis debates here right in this thread.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom