Buying a Used Toyota Qualis: Worth It?

Thread Starter #1
Good Afternoon TAI members, I have a query and need valuable suggestions from members.

There is a 20 year old Toyota Qualis owned by a known person and it is running in good condition. Needs clutch replacement, ac is not working. The owner has bought two more cars (Tata Vista and Ertiga) so Qualis is now parked at home. Earlier also it was not used everyday the odo is 242000 as of now.

I want to buy that car, is it worth to buy it today? If yes then at what price?

Thread Starter #3
I will be uploading the Photo of the Car.

This is the condition of the car.

DSCF1407.JPG

DSCF1436.JPG

It is an 8 seater variant, the reason why I want to buy it is because I have memories of travelling with my father in this car. Last month he passed away, I want to keep this car.

I want to know what needs to be done if I buy this car, As it is 20 years old, Will I need to renew the registration or get fitness certificate? Will it be done easily or not?

I don't know if RTA allows old vehicles to run on roads now? Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards
Salahuddin

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be uploading the Photo of the Car.

This is the condition of the car.

View attachment 279920

View attachment 279921

It is an 8 seater variant, the reason why I want to buy it is because I have memories of travelling with my father in this car. Last month he passed away, I want to keep this car.

I want to know what needs to be done if I buy this car, As it is 20 years old, Will I need to renew the registration or get fitness certificate? Will it be done easily or not?

I don't know if RTA allows old vehicles to run on roads now? Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards
Salahuddin
As @bhvm already said, do only buy this if you have an emotional sentiment over the car. Else it would be a bad decision considering the fact that scrapage policy is around the corner. I don't think you'll have any problem at the moment to get it retested. As far as you're not in Delhi, registering this car won't be a problem.

Thread Starter #5
As @bhvm already said, do only buy this if you have an emotional sentiment over the car. Else it would be a bad decision considering the fact that scrapage policy is around the corner. I don't think you'll have any problem at the moment to get it retested. As far as you're not in Delhi, registering this car won't be a problem.
I am from telangana state, Mahabubnagar district.

If you can get it under a lakh , also you hadn't mentioned about its Tyres, Exterior condition , and also which model (Presuming it to be first gen) , thereby lacking Power steering , Power windows (If that is the case you can get it in 70k , max)

Thread Starter #9
If you can get it under a lakh , also you hadn't mentioned about its Tyres, Exterior condition , and also which model (Presuming it to be first gen) , thereby lacking Power steering , Power windows (If that is the case you can get it in 70k , max)
I have seen this car since 6 years, the owner doesn't know driving so whenever they used to go somewhere a driver used to come. The car has original paint till now, bonnet color is faded. Tyres are in good condition not even 50% used. It has front two power windows, armrest, no dents on exterior just few scratches here and there. It is April 2000 model GS variant and 8 seater and has Power Steering too.

Top Bottom