Buying a Used Tata Nano?

Thread Starter #1
Dear All
I need a used car for my dad-80yrs who is recovering from major illness.I am thinking of getting a second hand Nano-what would you advice? I am also thinking of a used Spark

Re: Used Nano?

Dear All
I need a used car for my dad-80yrs who is recovering from major illness.I am thinking of getting a second hand Nano-what would you advice? I am also thinking of a used Spark
In the price of getting a used Nano, you can get a used M800 / Zen. But both these cars are not suitable for aged people (regarding ingress and outgress). Spark is a good choice, if you couldn't find one, look for Santro / Wagon-R

Re: Used Tata Nano?

Dear All
I would advice him not drive in the first place, but if you are comfortable with him driving around, Nano would make perfect sense as its easy to drive and light on pocket,only problem is getting a used one, you can still look for a brand new one as tata is giving out good discount's on all their product's.

I would advice him not drive in the first place, but if you are comfortable with him driving around, Nano would make perfect sense as its easy to drive and light on pocket,only problem is getting a used one, you can still look for a brand new one as tata is giving out good discount's on all their product's.
I too agree upon this i.e buying a Brand New Car instead of USED car; as one of my friend had also booked a Tata Nano in Chennai at Tafe Reach Limited.

[thumbsup]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dear All
First of All I would suggest you to make your father drive a car only if he is completely comfortable and fit.
As per reviews Nano 2012 has been a improved version of the old Nano.Don't know whether you could get a 2012 version in the second hand market.Nano would have been a good car if it had power steering in it.
Spark would be better for old people since its easy to drive and has a power steering in it. Mileage would be an issue when it comes to Spark.
I would suggest you to try and get a Alto LXi from the second hand market. It would be easy to drive , reliable and easy to maintain.

i would advice you to take nano 2012 new one.
you will not find any 2012 for second hand, also, older versions are slight hard with steering side.

yes, nano don't have PS.so it will be slight problematic to park it in small space for your father. but the positive side is that, he will easily sit in and out of the car. also, TATA is known for its driver seat comfort , which is also made nano a very good car.

but dont go with 800 or alto, as they are very low seated cars, may be not comfortable with your dad !

i will still tell you to have a driver if its fine for you, bcoz of his age and health, its not safe to drive at own.

get something more safe
with airbags and light steering wheel (power) and look for power windows option as well if you can get something like that

depending upon how much you wana spend and whats going to be the primary purpose of this vehicle

Thread Starter #8

thanks a lot guys-i am a bit confused now-?driver/ nano 2012 is good-no second hand and power steering not available and the rest have issues.[confused]

nano has fabulous rear seat space.
also, its doors are opening about 80 degree so, entering / exit will not be an issue.

if you go with some other car, you may have to spend more money or you have to buy a 2nd hand car.
if you have any good conditioned 2nd hand car then its OK. but still all will be agree to have a driver for him. so , IMO,get a driver and a nano!! it has mechanical steering, but who care ? as you have driver . and you can get CX version which is true VFM.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks guys-had a foggy head- [:)]-i think-i think a nano with a driver or really any other good second hand with a driver seems best-am vv grateful for the wisdom you have all shared with me
Thanks

Top Bottom