Buying a Used Maruti 800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Dear all,
I am willing to buy a used maruti 800. My max budget is 40-45 thousand. I saw 2 cars.
One is a 1993 model with AC and LPG kit (approved) 65k kms done. the seller is demanding 40k for this car.
The other one is a 1997 model with AC but no LPG kit. Done only 36k kms. The seller is demanding 35k for the car.
My monthly usage of the car would be less than 400 kms. Should I go with the car with LPG kit or the 1997 model.
Please help me regarding this.

Re: Buying Used Maruti 800

First of all see the condition of the car.. then decide. IMO go for the car with out LPG kit. By the way are you buying the car from a trader or direct from the owner.

Thread Starter #4

Thanks for the reply.
@ varun I am buying the car directly from the owner. He's the first owner of the car. The owner says that the car is giving a mileage of 14 kmpl. So what mileage may I expect more or less than 14 kmpl after servicing & tuning the car.

lxi.

Suspended

You better go for the non lpg one. Seems a better deal. You can expect above 14kpl after servicing. Check every nook and corner of the car while purchasing, if any damage.

Good luck for your purchase.

Thread Starter #6

Today I am goint to see the 1997 model Maruti. [:D]
I have prepared a checklist about engine, interiors and exteriors.
I will also take a mechanic with me who can inspect the car properly

The car is Delhi registered and is being used in Lucknow from the past two years.

In the documents checklist I have the
1. RC
2. Sale Invoice
3. PUC
4. NOC

any thing else to be added in the documents list ???? [confused]

What will be the proper process to transfer the car to my name ??

My vote for the non lpg one.
less in odo
no lpg
less price!!

perfect.

Noc can be got on your name only after buying the car. - not needed if not going to transfer to different state. This is a process done by you with sellers help.

You need to check taxes and hypotication cancelled in the rc.
insurance - is that perfect.

And all the sale deed documents signed by both of you.

Thread Starter #8

Hii,
Good evening all
Today i saw the 1997 model M800. Drove it and inspected everything. The mechanic also told that the car is in excellent condition. No need to invest anything for the next 6 months. The car is very well maintained. AC is also working fine.
Very soon I'll finalize the deal. I have told the owner to bring the NOC from Delhi RTO. He used the car very rarely in lucknow so does not have a NOC.

I am willing to get a New RC with Lucknow Number. Any ideas how much a new RC for a 97 model M800 will cost. a friend of mine was saying that Lucknow RTO may charge 1/4th of 7% of the car's value.

Hello Shantanu.lko
The 1997 Maruti 800 with less kms on the ODO at this price seems to be a good deal.
Get all the documents regarding the ownership change ,NOC etc in order before fixing the sale.

Thread Starter #10

I have finalized the 1997 model. As the car is with a Delhi Registration. I was willing to get a NEW RC with Lucknow(UP) registration. The owner is also insisting me to get a fresh RC.
I inquired a RTO agent. He says that 7% of the present value of the car will have to be deposited+ some fees,etc. The agent is unable to tell the exact value without looking at the NOC.
Can any one tell me what is the present value of a 97 model Maruti 800 Std AC ???
I am getting the car finally in 35000 without new RC etc.

New rc , is safe for both.

35 k for 97 model ac car is damn cheap i suppose , you cant get one below 55k here in pondicherry. so from my side i wont negotiate that much.

Thread Starter #12

Sadly the deal for the 97 model is cancelled. The car was tooo good [cry]
The owner does not have a NOC from delhi. and is asking for all the money before transferring the NOC to UP. [anger] He was sticking to this only. But driving without NOC or New RC is not legal.
According to the owner It will take one month to bring the NOC. But there is no guarantee ONE TWO or . . . . . months. as the owner will get all money.

Thread Starter #13

NOW I HAVE THE 93 MODEL WITH LPG AND AC LEFT. ITS MEERUT(UP REGISTERED)
PLEASE GIVE SUGGESTIONS SHOULD I GO FOR IT OR NOT.
THE CONDITION IS GOOD BUT NOT LIKE THE 97 ONE.

I have checked few more second hand cars but only these two were in good condition.

lxi.

Suspended

All you can do is to get the lpg one.

or try some other car, maybe the Zen.

good luck.

Thread Starter #15

Hello all,

Today the owner of the 97 model maruti called me again. He said that his dad wanted to sell the car to me only. [:D] Earlier when I went to see the car, the owner and his dad were there. Uncle had maintained a Daily log book including the service date, odo-meter reading fuel filling date etc from the date of Purchase. He said that he loves tha car like his son and wanted me to treat the car like my bro. I too believe that we should treat our cars like a living being. With lots of love and care.
Thus uncle insisted to sell the car to me only.[clap] Now the owner is demanding only 10000/- advance and will give a receipt for it. He had talked to an RTO agent in Delhi and says that he will arrange the NOC within 20-25 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom