Buying a Used Maruti 800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #48
Re: Buying Used Maruti 800

The AC is not working presently as there is NO GAS. Earlier the mech. said that he'll repair the AC and fill the gas within 18000/- only. But now he says that he will charge separately for this.
Can U tell the estimated cost of ac servicing and gas top up ??

Thread Starter #50

Please help me out
The flashers are giving problems.Earlier all the lights were doing so. I checked the wiring using a multimeter. Somehow fixed the other lights. [:D] The mech fixed the indicators. All indicators are flashing when the hazard light is pulled. But Now the Problem: When we turn the indicator stalk towards right, both side all indicators start glowing. and when turning left none of the lights glow. [confused]
The mech says that whole wiring harness is not in good condition & needs to be rewired is to be done which may cost 5000/- +

I was thinking to rewire it myself. I mean only the lights not the starter, coil or the other wiring. Would it be better to get rewiring from the mech or I can do it using a proper gauge wiring ?

The AC is not working presently as there is NO GAS. Earlier the mech. said that he'll repair the AC and fill the gas within 18000/- only. But now he says that he will charge separately for this.
Can U tell the estimated cost of ac servicing and gas top up ??
Filling the Gas will cost you 1500rs, other things depends on the parts..

Please help me out
The flashers are giving problems.Earlier all the lights were doing so. I checked the wiring using a multimeter. Somehow fixed the other lights. [:D] The mech fixed the indicators. All indicators are flashing when the hazard light is pulled. But Now the Problem: When we turn the indicator stalk towards right, both side all indicators start glowing. and when turning left none of the lights glow. [confused]
The mech says that whole wiring harness is not in good condition & needs to be rewired is to be done which may cost 5000/- +

I was thinking to rewire it myself. I mean only the lights not the starter, coil or the other wiring. Would it be better to get rewiring from the mech or I can do it using a proper gauge wiring ?
I guess the indicator relay is faulty just change it and try, it will be located next to the fuse box below the dash board (driver side corner)

For wiring, you get wiring kits from MGP, buy that and connect them..

Thread Starter #52

Thanks for the reply Varun
I checked the relay. Mine is working fine in an Omni. I used the omni relay in mine. But same problem persists. I think that the mech has connected something wrong. The wires are 19 years old so I think that I should change them. Will I get a separate MGP wiring harness for LIGHTS ONLY ??

Thread Starter #54
Finally the car is complete and I gifted it to my Mother as a Mother's day Gift. [:D] No one at my house knew that I have bought a car and getting it restored. [;)]
My mom was very happy to see the gift, dad was surprised.
Finally drove them to a near by temple.
My dad is not allowing me to go to main roads as I am not a proficient in driving. (ACCORDING TO HIM)

I am posting few more pics of my car

Photo0147.jpg

Photo0160.jpg
Rims painted silver

Photo0169.jpg
Photo0173.jpg
New Tail lights

Photo0172.jpg
Photo0175.jpg
Type 2 Steering wheel

Photo0181.jpg
type 2 grills

Photo0180.jpg

Thread Starter #55
Sorry for asking such a silly question, as I am new to owning a car.
today morning I drove my car for only 10 to 15 kms at a normal speed of 30-40 kmph.
When i reached home I found the temp needle to this position.
Photo0179.jpg

When I touched the bonnet it seemed a bit hot. Is it normal temperature or something is wrong with the cooling system [confused]
Please tell the maximum normal temperature needle position. The average climate temperature of my city (LUCKNOW) is 25-40 C.

Thread Starter #57
Dear varun,
By this position I meant that the needle was raised to that position. The needle is working.
I just wanted to know that is it okk for the temperature needle to rise to that mark after a 10-15 km drive ??

350Z

Core Team
Dear varun,
By this position I meant that the needle was raised to that position. The needle is working.
I just wanted to know that is it okk for the temperature needle to rise to that mark after a 10-15 km drive ??
As long as the needle does not exceed half mark, there should not be an issue. By the way, since the car has been bought, it does not make sense to discuss further in The Automotive Shoppers Section. Please create a new thread in the Ownership Reviews Section so that we can continue further relevant discussions. Thanks.

EDIT: Please continue further discussions here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...7693-my-first-car-maruti-800-ac-93-model.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom