Buying a Used Maruti 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxi.

Suspended
Re: Buying Used Maruti 800

Thats a great news! So, Now, Please clear will you buy 93' or '97?
Congrats, in advance.

Thread Starter #17

Hey lxi,
Now i am getting confused about it. The 93 model is with a LPG kit and the price including all paperwork & transfer is 38000. AS ITS MEERUT(UP) REGISTERED. (NO NOC OR NEW RC REQUIRED) Whereas the 97 model has no LPG kit but is less on odo and is in better condition. And it will cost 42000 including all paper work and new RC.
LPG kit will give better mileage as compared to Petrol model.

Hey lxi,
Now i am getting confused about it. The 93 model is with a LPG kit and the price including all paperwork & transfer is 38000. AS ITS MEERUT(UP) REGISTERED. (NO NOC OR NEW RC REQUIRED) Whereas the 97 model has no LPG kit but is less on odo and is in better condition. And it will cost 42000 including all paper work and new RC.
LPG kit will give better mileage as compared to Petrol model.
I suggest you to go for the petrol maruti 800 since your monthly run is low. A petrol maruti 800 would get you peace of mind and hassle free ownership and maintanance.
If there is problems with the Papers of 1997 maruti look for better deals in the market. I believe finding a mint condition maruti 800 in the second hand market wont be a difficult task. Try searching different modes such as websites, local newspaper etc. You will defenitly find good cars.[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #19

Hello all,
I have finalized the deal with the 97 model owner. [:D] Test drove it again. For about 20 kms in all type of traffic and roads. Took another mechanic today who also inspected every nook & corner. Gave an advance amount of 5k. Now I'll have to wait for about a month for the NOC. Then further transaction and transfer will be done.

Thread Starter #20

Hi all,
Yesterday the 97 model owner called me and returned the advance amount saying that he will not sell the car.
I was annoyed a lot and decided to cancel the plan of buying a car. But by the eve I found another car. A 95 model M800 with AC, single owner. Exteriors were not so good, interiors were a bit dirty. As I test drove the car I found some problem in the alignment. But Pickup,gearshift were excellent.
I finalized the deal for Rs 25000/- Took the car to my frnd's home and parked it. Early in the morning went to a garrage and got the car inspected. The mech said that the engine is untouched and excellent. But an engine mount is wrecked, causing the engine to vibrate. [confused] When we started pulling out the floor mats we found that there were four Layers of mats and under there was a RUSTY FLOOR. [frustration]
The mechanic will do some patch work and repair the floor. The engine mount will also be repaired. The car is silver coloured, but the paint is dull. So I am willing to get it repainted in white colour.
I would like to know the cost of painting the car with white colour and underbody anti rust coating. The mechanic has given me an estimate of 15 to 17 thousand for the following work:
1. Patching and denting.
2. Painting inside and outside with White and rims with silver
3. Coating the engine bay and under body with anti rust
4. Replacing both the bumpers, the door & window biddings.
5. New AC gas and all fluids
6. Carb and engine tuning
7. Cleaning the dash, installing a center console, door mirrors, fog lights and 90/100 headlights with new wiring.

Is he demanding MORE or LESS ?? As it is a total restoration

Hi all,
Yesterday the 97 model owner called me and returned the advance amount saying that he will not sell the car.
I was annoyed a lot and decided to cancel the plan of buying a car. But by the eve I found another car. A 95 model M800 with AC, single owner. Exteriors were not so good, interiors were a bit dirty. As I test drove the car I found some problem in the alignment. But Pickup,gearshift were excellent.
I finalized the deal for Rs 25000/- Took the car to my frnd's home and parked it. Early in the morning went to a garrage and got the car inspected. The mech said that the engine is untouched and excellent. But an engine mount is wrecked, causing the engine to vibrate. [confused] When we started pulling out the floor mats we found that there were four Layers of mats and under there was a RUSTY FLOOR. [frustration]
The mechanic will do some patch work and repair the floor. The engine mount will also be repaired. The car is silver coloured, but the paint is dull. So I am willing to get it repainted in white colour.
I would like to know the cost of painting the car with white colour and underbody anti rust coating. The mechanic has given me an estimate of 15 to 17 thousand for the following work:
1. Patching and denting.
7. Cleaning the dash, installing a center console, door mirrors, fog lights and 90/100 headlights with new wiring.

Congrats on your aquisition [:)]
I advice you to take the car to a Maruti Authorised Service Station(MASS) and get the advice of the service advisors there regarding the works to be done and get a price quote from them before finalising the works and the rates.
If you have a reliable garage outside and a trusted mechanic you can do the works outside.
Otherwise I would advice you to stick with the Maruti Authorised service stations.

Last edited:

Hi all,
1. Patching and denting.

Let me give u a small frank opinion!
Maruti car underbody were prone to rusting if not maintained properly.
Secondly if floor is rusted badly and repaired ie cut and past peice !no matter how much rust protection u do it would b vulnerable to rust anyhow!
thirdly cost told to u is cheap not even reasonable.
So u can expect very cheap work on ur car and ity might give u repititive issues.
Please ensure the above points b4 taking a call.
One more suggestion ill give u for 800 old model.
They usually used to clog radiatiors issues often if little poorly maintained.
So please keep car on for 15 mins while u speak to the owner and see if radiatior sensing parts working correctly or not.
Also let the radiatior fan work 2wice in course and check if resevoir water is boiling!if yes then its a serious issue.
Else car cooling issue is good!
Also do check tyres wear out patter.
If not uniform [inner or outter wear is more]stay away from the car.
Hope my comment helps u [thumbsup]!

Thread Starter #23
Thanks for the reply
@ vishnunarayan MASS Rs 15000 only for dent/paint and some body patching. And I will have to wait for atleast 45 days to get my car back. And its a very long time for me. And the MASS guys would not allow me in their working area.

Dear schimulkar,
As the under body is not in a good condition i am getting it properly repaired. We are using the material from a tavera front door. After all the patching work is done I'll inspect it properly and coat it with anti rust and then rubber seal.
The engine and radiator is maintained properly. But i'll get it flushed too. The cooling is proper and water is not boiling.
All the five tires are only ten months old and in very good condition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the reply
@ vishnunarayan MASS Rs 15000 only for dent/paint and some body patching. And I will have to wait for atleast 45 days to get my car back. And its a very long time for me. And the MASS guys would not allow me in their working area.
Is the quote given by MASS is for reparing the dents or for repainting the whole car ?

Dear schimulkar,
As the under body is not in a good condition i am getting it properly repaired. We are using the material from a tavera front door. After all the patching work is done I'll inspect it properly and coat it with anti rust and then rubber seal.
The engine and radiator is maintained properly. But i'll get it flushed too. The cooling is proper and water is not boiling.
All the five tires are only ten months old and in very good condition.
I think you are engaged in a partial restoration project with your maruti 800.[:)] Do post some pics of the car and the dents that you have earlier mentioned !

Thread Starter #25
@ vishnunarayan the car is in silver colour with few dents on the right fender and a small dent on the bonet. The price quote of MASS is for patching the front side of the rusty floor and repairing the dents and giving a coat of paint on the car to match the colour with dent area.
I think they are asking too much.

Dear Schimulkar I'll post some pics soon

Last edited by a moderator:

@ vishnunarayan the car is in silver colour with few dents on the right fender and a small dent on the bonet. The price quote of MASS is for patching the front side of the rusty floor and repairing the dents and giving a coat of paint on the car to match the colour with dent area.
I think they are asking too much.
Cost of reparing dents are always on the higher side. The only way to get rid of these exorbitantly high charges is to do such dent repairs with an outside trusted garage or workshop.
Did you get the quote for other engine works from MASS ?
Waiting for the pics of the car![:)]

Thread Starter #27

@ vishnunarayan No engine work is required. only basic filter cleaning, replacing the fluids etc is to be done. That I can do myself. Main is the carb. tuning which will be done by an expert mechanic.
will post the pics soon

I have seen many patch works on M800 and Omni. Some last for 10+ years and others start rusting in couple of years. It depends on the quality of work. Normally M.A.S.S regret repairing the floors (I suppose). It is better to find a reliable garage outside.
Engine mount repair? I hope it is 'replace', am I right?
Why do you prefer White over silver? Is it only for economy? The amount you save in white color will be consumed in RTO expenses to get the color change endorsed, otherwise it is illegal.

The mechanic has given me an estimate of 15 to 17 thousand for the following work:
1. Patching and denting. 15k
2. Painting inside and outside with White and rims with silver Included in the above cost
3. Coating the engine bay and under body with anti rust 2.5k
4. Replacing both the bumpers, the door & window biddings. 4k
5. New AC gas and all fluids 3k[confused]
6. Carb and engine tuning not sure
7. Cleaning the dash, installing a center console, door mirrors, fog lights and 90/100 headlights with new wiring.3k
15 to 17k for this job is very cheap and I doubt on the quality of job. Better find another reliable garage

Thread Starter #29

@ mr. boss
It is mount replace NOT repair Thanks for the correction.
I have seen this mechanic's work in many of the cars. It is a very reliable garage in our area. The quality of painting done is also good. I was recommended for this garage by my uncle who owns a swift and a M800. Recently he met with an accident with his Swift and front area was damaged. He got that fixed (denting & paint job) for just 5k. The quality of work is very good and no one could say that it is an accidental car. He gets his M800 serviced there.

NOW ABOUT THE COLOR

As it is a second hand car and I will have to get a new RC on my name. Will the Color change in new RC cost extra ?? Please inform me about this.

@ mr. boss

NOW ABOUT THE COLOR

As it is a second hand car and I will have to get a new RC on my name. Will the Color change in new RC cost extra ?? Please inform me about this.
basically change in colour is nominal charge arround 100-300rs depending on vehicle!
its basically sumbimtting document with colour name specified and inspector inspecting to just like passing done for commercial vehicles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom