Buying a Used Mahindra MM540

AMG

Suspended
Re: Intro

Hi, One of my friend is selling MM540 for 2lakhs, fully modified, 2 wheel drive, open jeep, alloys, etc..If you are interested I shall ask him and post some pictures..

OMG!! NOO!!! BLASPHEMY.[frustration]

What use is a jeep of, if it isnt 4WD

The price of this veh should not exceed more than 1.25 lakhs, with the best of mechanisms in it.
you will need a fitness ,as ll veh over 15 years need fitness done to ply on road.
The painting appears to be fresh, , try the veh in 4x4 high for 5kms and on, see if the whistling noise is felt, means transfer case intermediate pin, and needle bearing worn, may slip on load, will need ovrhaul of mechanism.
The Engine of course is a basic part, open the tappet cover oil , cap and see the engine blown gases, indicates the wear on the piston rings .
and rest take assistance of some local known for your convenience

Need advice

Hi friends,
I am planning to buy a MM540.(2wd)
I closly find 1996 model MM540 from G regestration.
The Mm540 was used in Police department.
MM540 engine was cheased in 2006.
The mahindra company replace with the new engine.
The asking price is Rs.1,25,000.
Body is in neat condition.

I think you are talking about buying a disposal jeep. Please be informed that disposal vehicles have the last shard of their life sucked out of them and hence it is advisable to buy them ONLY if one is technically proficient and has the resources to bring them back to life.

Please buy it only if you are sure what you are getting into.

Last edited:
This is good idea to buy a used car, i think used car is also available in good conditions.
Mahindra MM540 is nice car which is also better for off-road driving.

Top Bottom