Buying a Used Mahindra MM540

Jeeps dont have market prices as such anymore. They have become classics. The 540 is no exception. But if you can get it for less, Its always splendid. Would you be surprised if I told you this thing here was purchased by someone for more than 3 lakhs and that it is more than 40 years old? Its got a new generation CL550 diesel engine as well.

Attachments

Thread Starter #17
whew man...somebody got loads of bucks to finish off i guess. :(
jalex ..im rethinking of buying the 540 as i got in touch with some jeep drivers at my place one of them being my relative and he told me not to buy an 88 model for such a price and that he'll check out some jeeps at our place(kannur)..he was saying that jeeps are available for cheap prices at kannur.so waiting for a breakthru from his side//keeping my fingers crossed..

Thread Starter #21
Re: Intro

Hi, One of my friend is selling MM540 for 2lakhs, fully modified, 2 wheel drive, open jeep, alloys, etc..If you are interested I shall ask him and post some pictures..
Hi varun,
Yea.[clap].i would like to have a look at the jeep you mentioned.Can u send me the pics or share it here.which model is it?

Looks good .

crash guard to be removed first.
classic decal should be removed. as its not a classic.

i find it difficult to judge it as mm540. some area represent the same , some dont.

esp the doors , mm540 have doors. .
SIde profile is good as a 540.

Thread Starter #26
Hi Varun,
The jeep looks gud.Can i know which year model this vehicle is and also do let me know if i can see this vehicle this weekend .message me your contact number if possible.

ilango[speed thirst];90785 said:
Looks good .

i find it difficult to judge it as mm540. some area represent the same , some dont.

+1 to that, It lacks the character of a 540. And 540s are from the second generation of Jeeps and look awkward without doors. If he still has the doors then its great.

Hi Varun,
The jeep looks gud.Can i know which year model this vehicle is and also do let me know if i can see this vehicle this weekend .message me your contact number if possible.

Its an 1989 model..Can you please send a private message with your contact number, as I am not able to send a PM

Last edited:
ilango[speed thirst];90785 said:
Looks good .

When my friend bought it , it had doors, I dont know why he removed them, Its all his taste..

Top Bottom