Buying a Used Fiat Linea ?

Thread Starter #1
Guys request your help to know about Fiat Linea Emotion 1.3 as i have seen one used diesel car.Cost-4.35.ODO-30K.Shall i go for this deal?What abt price and revied of the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Fiat Linia

I know the car you are talking about (black color with a defective emotion badge on the rear). The car has been on sale for the last 5 months or so, however not TD'd it so cannot say how good or bad it is.

Now on the price for Fiat Linea. Last Feb, I was myself looking for the same and did a few TDs. Was interested in the top model and was quoted 4.5 L for a couple of vehicles I had seen. One of them was from a established dealer with 1 year warranty on engine and gear box. There were some body work required here and there, however mechanically were quite OK. He said that 4.5L is the best he could do, plus he will do the body work, interior cleaning and one free servicing.
I offered him 4.2 L and walked out. A couple of weeks later he called me up asking if I had decided on anything. By that time, my priorities had shifted and I let it go. However the learning is that dont take decision immediately. Survey the market with the knowledge that the next car is better than the current one.
With patience and a 4.5L budget .. getting Linea diesel top model in Kolkata is not that tough.

350Z

Core Team
Guys request your help to know about Fiat Linea Emotion 1.3 as i have seen one used diesel car.Cost-4.35.ODO-30K.Shall i go for this deal?What abt price and revied of the car.
Used Fiat Lineas are a steal in the used car market. The challenge is to pick the right one. Some initial models have reported issues such as loose badges / plastics etc. Though do also remember that since the car’s value is so low now, it will go for peanuts at the time of re-resale. Please put up some images so that we can get an idea about the apparent condition of the car. Another member on our forum also recently bought a used Fiat Linea: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-loved-linea-mjd-emotion.html?highlight=linea.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The price look's like a steal, please check the car thoroughly before putting your money in,try and take the car to ASS and get it fully inspected that should help.

Pls Visit your nearest ASS and get the vehicle toughly checked AFAIK TATA-Fiat ASS charge 1050 INR for Vehicle inspection.

Try to figure out is there any accident .Otherwise price is just unbelievable.

Thread Starter #6
Used Fiat Lineas are a steal in the used car market. The challenge is to pick the right one. Some initial models have reported issues such as loose badges / plastics etc. Though do also remember that since the car’s value is so low now, it will go for peanuts at the time of re-resale. Please put up some images so that we can get an idea about the apparent condition of the car. Another member on our forum also recently bought a used Fiat Linea: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-loved-linea-mjd-emotion.html?highlight=linea.

Drive Safe,
350Z
What are the things that i need to check initially to go ahead. as i m driving petrol car so dont have soung knowledge abt diesel.How do i get to know about the accdient history of the car. Pls guide.

Thread Starter #7
What are the things that i need to check initially to go ahead.as i m driving petrol car so dont hv soung knowledge abt diesel.How do i get to know about the accdient history of the car.Pls guide.........
today i td the car but found cabin is bear noisy so confused.

today i td the car but found cabin is bear noisy so confused.
You mean engine noise filtering in?

Don't just test drive the car in city streets around Alipore. If you are really interested take it to some highway (or Red Road or Rajarhat) and see how it performs.
Check list (not comprehensive from top of mind):
1) Check all the internal fittings and plastic;
2) check all indicators, lights, warning displays, seat belt alerts, door ajar warning, wipers, music system etc are working.
3) Check the doors, specially the drain holes for rust.
4) Check the door rubbers/beading for tears.
5) Check the headlight and tail light for cracks etc.
6) Check AC
7) Check upholstery, shift leather, steering leather for tears or signs of rough use
8) Check the engine, clutch etc. (take a trusted mechanic or have it inspected by TASS, they charge something but you would have peace of mind)
9) Check suspension (you have the option to upgrade @Rs.12000/- through TASS.. so would not be too worried if there are minor discrepancies)
10) Check the tyres and alloys (specially the stepney). If its really 30K kms; you should have good amount of tread left. Check for irregular wear or if one of the tyres is more worn than the other. Might hint towards an alignment problem (easily fixed) or something more severe.
11) Check up registration and owner details in vahan website

And lastly in this case , don't inspect the car inside the showroom :-). Take it out in the broad daylight. Search the forum for detailed used car buying check-list. I am sure there is one.

Thread Starter #10
You mean engine noise filtering in?

Don't just test drive the car in city streets around Alipore. If you are really interested take it to some highway (or Red Road or Rajarhat) and see how it performs.
Thanks chayan.That car clutch is normal but its realy difficult to change the gear,its too hard.i told the same to SE and he told me that that can be rectified.But after all this i have changed my mind and decide not to go for that car.Looking for something else.What do u say?

Thanks chayan.That car clutch is normal but its realy difficult to change the gear,its too hard.i told the same to SE and he told me that that can be rectified.But after all this i have changed my mind and decide not to go for that car.Looking for something else.What do u say?
If the clutch sticks to the floor (problem exist in Linea), you would have difficulty changing gear. The problem with some dealers is that they "dress" up the car so well that buyers generally overlook the obvious faults.

Said that; Linea is a very good car and irrespective of what the market prices are today ... is a very good buy. If you use it for another 4-5 years, resale value should not be a problem. The model is still available in the market hence support should also not be a concern either.

The factor(s) that might be influencing your decision (my personal opinion) is that you are used to driving a Petrol Swift. There are only a handful of cars that will give you the go kart feeling of the Swift.
Keep searching and as I said in my earlier post. the next car is always better than the current one [;)]

Thread Starter #12
If the clutch sticks to the floor (problem exist in Linea), you would have difficulty changing gear. The problem with some dealers is that they "dress" up the car so well that buyers generally overlook the obvious faults.

Said that; Linea is a very good car and irrespective of what the market prices are today ... is a very good buy. If you use it for another 4-5 years, resale value should not be a problem. The model is still available in the market hence support should also not be a concern either.

The factor(s) that might be influencing your decision (my personal opinion) is that you are used to driving a Petrol Swift. There are only a handful of cars that will give you the go kart feeling of the Swift.
Keep searching and as I said in my earlier post. the next car is always better than the current one [;)]
thanks.what abt hyundai verna or swift vdi.

Thread Starter #13
todsy i hv seen ford figo(2010) cost 4.35,odo-26k and fiesta(2007) cost-3.49 odo-36k.pls suggest which one isbetter option.

todsy i hv seen ford figo(2010) cost 4.35,odo-26k and fiesta(2007) cost-3.49 odo-36k.pls suggest which one isbetter option.
fiesta (2007) cost-3.49 odo-36k -- Diesel 5 year old with 36K; something is fishy.

Personally I like the fiesta over the figo, purely because its a driver's car.

Top Bottom