Buying a Skoda Rapid

Brothers who are thinking of buying Rapid Style LE which comes equipped with 16" alloy (picture attached), I would request you to please add tyre protection (not able to recollect exact name) as an add-on in insurance. As one alloy costs whopping ₹28,000, as it is directly imported from Germany.

IMG-20170713-WA0017.jpg

Got to know about it when I was thinking of swapping baby spare tyre with a full size alloy. I also forgot to tell Skoda guys to add it as an add-on [frustration]

Last edited:
Gautam,

Seems there is something wrong. One piece cannot be 28K. I just called me sales guys and asked, TAFE , Hosur Road, Bangalore. He told it is around 6 K. Logically he seems correct. Can you pl. double check.

Also you should be buy a same size wheel for the spare. It is not scientific.

Gautam,

Seems there is something wrong. One piece cannot be 28K. I just called me sales guys and asked, TAFE , Hosur Road, Bangalore. He told it is around 6 K. Logically he seems correct. Can you pl. double check.

Also you should be buy a same size wheel for the spare. It is not scientific.
Sirji.
VW sells their 15" alloy for 21K (one of the TAIger have confirmed it), so Skoda selling 16" alloy for 28K seems apt.

6K is too low. Here in Mumbai, even TATA sells Tiago Aktiv alloys for 7.5K so to me personally 6K doesn't seem apt.

Yep, thinking of buying full size steel spare tyre.

Gautam,

I am confused.

Also now LeasleasePlan saying cannot provide generate PO before 4 th August, now thinking should I cancle booking of Rapid and go back to TJET~!

Totally confused.

kkn13

Suspended
IMHO Rapid/Vento after sales etc should be better than Fiat
Fiat didnt have a showroom in Mumbai for two years until recently which says alot
Plus FCA seems more inclined towards the Jeep brand off late
Tata and Maruti shifting towards their own in house diesels over Multijet doesnt help matters

IMHO Rapid/Vento after sales etc should be better than Fiat
Fiat didnt have a showroom in Mumbai for two years until recently which says alot
Plus FCA seems more inclined towards the Jeep brand off late
Tata and Maruti shifting towards their own in house diesels over Multijet doesnt help matters
You are correct... But the Ripid GC is a issue. It is too much touching in the humps in all 4 TD. Where as TJET 100% find there. Also the TJET Engine is way better then 1.6 Rapid.

I am totally lost!

kkn13

Suspended
You are correct... But the Ripid GC is a issue. It is too much touching in the humps in all 4 TD. Where as TJET 100% find there. Also the TJET Engine is way better then 1.6 Rapid.

I am totally lost!
True , 2017 City also deserves a look imho, the 1.5 IVTEC is a great engine and GC is no longer an issue unlike my 2010 City

But KKn13, I did TD for City too, except the back seat comfort I cannot even compare it with TJET / Rapid in any other segment as safety, breaking, driving comfort etc. Sorry. :(
I was going to reply to you on Honda City. I own a 2014 Honda City i-vtec, and I have upgraded the tyres to Michelin XM2 in 195 sections. Even after trying different tyre pressure combinations the ride is bouncy on even slightly uneven surfaces. Never go for a 4th gen Honda City after hearing the feedback from people who own a 3rd gen Honda City. The 4th gen and 3rd gen are completely different in all aspects, 3rd gen bettering in almost all ways except in features and space.

kkn13

Suspended
I was going to reply to you on Honda City. I own a 2014 Honda City i-vtec, and I have upgraded the tyres to Michelin XM2 in 195 sections. Even after trying different tyre pressure combinations the ride is bouncy on even slightly uneven surfaces. Never go for a 4th gen Honda City after hearing the feedback from people who own a 3rd gen Honda City. The 4th gen and 3rd gen are completely different in all aspects, 3rd gen bettering in almost all ways except in features and space.
I agree 3rd gen feels superior but 4th gen is certainly more comfortable than the competition at the back except for stiffer suspension which in turn is great on highways
My friend has 4th gen which I have driven extensively since we carpool every day

3rd gen City was an excellent car let down by only lack of climate control and low GC (improved using bigger tyres and spacers in suspension)

If rear comfort is a criteria, Ciaz is a great option ,engine woes aside

BTW @Pavi, which was your previous car before City?

Last edited:

Top Bottom