Buying a Premium Commuter Bike For Rs.3 Lakh

Ok advise taken will do it but still it will be the last option only.

You are damn sure giving Ideas for me to get poisoned by my own family already there is a lot of buzz in the family about the 3 lakh mark for a bike [frustration].
Use 3 lac for down payment and buy the motorcycle[glasses] Keep it at some friends' place for 15 days and take home after first service.
And then tell your family that you bought it used, keep paying the installments in a hidden way. It will be hardly 6-7k a month, you won't even notice it in your account statement.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17
Use 3 lac for down payment and buy the motorcycle[glasses] Keep it at some friends' place for 15 days and take home after first service.
And then tell your family that you bought it used, keep paying the installments in a hidden way. It will be hardly 6-7k a month, you won't even notice it in your account statement.
[evil] Now it is confirmed you are doing woo-doo against me for sure .

On a serious note shall I wait till Diwali any hope guys for some thing to cook-up ?[confused]

To be very honest, it's only CBR 250 that will tick all the boxes of yours.

Duke: Power and performance but poor comfort
RC: even poorer comfort
CBR: A very fine balance of cruising as well as sporting intents. A perfect sports tourer at the price.
Thunderbird: No comments, it will always keep you happy for what it is, rest everything is ignorable.

already there is a lot of buzz in the family about the 3 lakh mark for a bike [frustration].
This happens in many houses and when we buy the vehicle and park it in our garage some may say that it looks gorgeous and some may still say it is overpriced. So it is upto us for buying a vehicle of our choice and our family member's choice. Simple buy a vehicle of our choice and let the family member's decide about the colour.

Thread Starter #20
To be very honest, it's only CBR 250 that will tick all the boxes of yours.
Except the faring, the production stop, new Cbr250 arrival rumors are also bugging me [embarass]
This happens in many houses and when we buy the vehicle and park it in our garage some may say that it looks gorgeous and some may still say it is overpriced. So it is upto us for buying a vehicle of our choice and our family member's choice. Simple buy a vehicle of our choice and let the family member's decide about the colour.
[clap] What an idea sriji [lol] But I like it very much .

Many missed out the Mahindra's MOJO!!![:D]
MotorBeam claims it is very good in quality and parts of top notch quality.
It is a perfect tourer cum commuter they say.
I will suggest you wait for some time and lets see how mojo gets reputation (either good or bad).

What about Old gen ZMR? The most comfy bike with ground or 1st floor pillion seat (others are 2nd or 3rd floor, R15 has fifth floor pillion seat!!!).
Engine is also relaxed. Can either be used for long rides and is practical in city too.

CBR250R is a gem, but never go to ASCs, any of the ASC. They will ruin your bike.

And dont forget to invest atleast 15k of your total budget on riding gears!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #26
Many missed out the Mahindra's MOJO!!![:D]
MotorBeam claims it is very good in quality and parts of top notch quality.
It is a perfect tourer cum commuter they say.
I will suggest you wait for some time and lets see how mojo gets reputation (either good or bad).

What about Old gen ZMR? The most comfy bike with ground or 1st floor pillion seat (others are 2nd or 3rd floor, R15 has fifth floor pillion seat!!!).
Engine is also relaxed. Can either be used for long rides and is practical in city too.

CBR250R is a gem, but never go to ASCs, any of the ASC. They will ruin your bike.

And dont forget to invest atleast 15k of your total budget on riding gears!
Mojo totally ruled out due to headlight assembly .Can wait if they come out with a different design .( They will do or else they will fell the consequences soon [frustration]
Can wait no problem at all.
ZMR come on buddy it is veryyyyy old .
CBR Except the fairing and bulk size every thing is perfect and it is also due for a upgrade.
riding gears well in our town or large village I will look like a alien with riding gears .

Hyosung will be a second better choice. And particularly hyosung Aquila 250 will be like stand out in the crowd bike with colours like white, black and maroon. People might think that it is a harley in one sight.

@ maximas007 never go for hyosund aquila 250 its not a cruiser at all, its a GT engine in a cruiser shell. its always in hurry like a racer but never as a cruiser. besides the look there is nothing of a cruiser in Aquila 250.

why not YZFR3 its a nice bike. reviews are nice and crisp. i would say try it out. i mean TD the bike and then probably it will fit in the box somewhere.

RC 390 is like a no no to me lot of vibrations. the seating is not that comfortable. i feel R15 V2.0 has a nice seating compared to RC 390. hence suggesting a YZFR3.

As RVSB suggested do take some funds out and keep it for safety gears i find solace products are best and economical if you havent checked. check them out.

It always good to RIDE SAFE.

Last edited:
The GT engine will never behave like a race engine, it looks like it is a cruiser engine.
Saw many reviews about it? All reviews say that the position is too sporty but the engine is not at all sporty. It revs slow.

Aquila is good but be sure whether you have ASC support near you.

Top Bottom