Buying a New Scooter. Budget Rs.70K

Thread Starter #1
Plan to exchange (if possible) or in any case go ahead and buy new scooter. The following have been seen

- Honda Aviator 110 cc , 70K onroad - Disc, Telescopic frons, larger wheels
- Honda Activa 110 cc, 71-72K onroad -
- Honda Dio - 71-72K onroad - no disc, drum - std front wheel
- Yamaha Fasicano - 70K onroad - no disc, drum brake - std front wheels

- Dont know much of Aprilia SR150 yet

Honda ready to give guard, helmet and other basic stuff, Yamaha gives similar other than helmet I think

The current scooter to replace is Mahindra Duro

The usage is more so by lady and 1-3 kms daily and within radius of 5-6 kms. Pillon rider is normally always present - child to adult. Free from niggles and low maintainenace is key and good storage is welcome.

Pl advise inputs in specific and also if any other model to consider or gives better offers - thanks much

Re: Share inputs - Scooter planning to change

Is there any reason for not including TVS Jupiter and Wego.Both of them are worth to check and test drive once before you get into finalising the scooter.

Plan to exchange (if possible) or in any case go ahead and buy new scooter. The following have been seen

- Dont know much of Aprilia SR150 yet

Honda ready to give guard, helmet and other basic stuff, Yamaha gives similar other than helmet I think

The current scooter to replace is Mahindra Duro

The usage is more so by lady and 1-3 kms daily and within radius of 5-6 kms. Pillon rider is normally always present - child to adult. Free from niggles and low maintainenace is key and good storage is welcome.

Pl advise inputs in specific and also if any other model to consider or gives better offers - thanks much

If it is driven mostly by lady, honda aviator is very heavy and height is also on the higher side. Yamaha fasciano, honda dio are good for female riders. You can also consider tvs jupiter a good option.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for input - just got to hear from Mumbai dealer that onroad of Aprilia SR150 is close to 80000/-

Go for Aprilla SR 150 because of the following:

1) Introductory Ex-showroom of Rs 65k (Pune) with Rs 2k cashback if you buy through Paytm.
2) 14 inch wheels, never seen on a scooter in india.
3) Vespa 150 cc engine which has a brilliant mid range and top end. The Vespa with the same engine comes for Rs 95k.
4) Italian DNA: Best handling sccoter, period.
5) Looks sporty
6) USB charging for mobiles

In short its a proper sports scooter. The only side-effect of the stiff suspension is the ride quality which isnt as plush as the Vespas. But you do get a bike like brilliant handling that Vespa is devoid of.

Thread Starter #6
The specs & feel of Aviator 110cc with disc seems better than TVS Jupiter. Am seeing if dealer ready to make some offers at all.

Aprilia is slightly above budget at 80k and hence down the order.

Is Dio or Activa or Aviator a better bet? All have same engine, expectation is NIL maintanence on engine or niggles and basic drivability for 2

Why not Hero duet? I have used by sister's dio and my cousin's Duet. I am blown away by the ride quality. In terms of mileage, pulling in mid range with pillion Duet feels the perfect tool for city.

The specs & feel of Aviator 110cc with disc seems better than TVS Jupiter. Am seeing if dealer ready to make some offers at all.

Aprilia is slightly above budget at 80k and hence down the order.

Is Dio or Activa or Aviator a better bet? All have same engine, expectation is NIL maintanence on engine or niggles and basic drivability for 2
You can TD Aviator, Jupiter & Duet and decide. If you wish to have something from the Honda stable, I will advise you to go for Aviator as it as front Telescopic suspension.

I bought Jupiter as it had 12" Alloys, Telescopic suspension, smooth ride and good FE. Activa was ruled out because of the outdated suspension & 10" tyre size which leads to not so good ride quality.

All the best with your search.

Hi,

The on road prices are seem to be on higher side. Last week me and one of my colleague bought Yamaha RayZR and Dio. I paid 62.5 K for RayZr and my colleague paid 60K for the Dio. Please recheck with your dealers.

If it is going to be used mostly by lady then you can cosider Yamaha Fascino, yamaha Alpha, Honda Dio or honda Activa-i. if you need slightly improved performance go for the Suzuki Lets.

Thread Starter #11
Tested Aprillia SR150 both colors (not that it would have been different)

- Very good styling (probably best in segment now)
- Good acceleration
- Larger tyres do help on bad roads
- Braking pretty sharp
- Suspensions feel tight without pillion

Having said all of above - have booked one, date of delivery 1st week Nov. Lets see how this goes

Thread Starter #13
Chasing the dealer for few days now, the deliveries are very very slow - not sure if the launch was done without enough production capacity. Only on set of deliveries done till date since launch

I would say either Aprilla SR150 or TVS Jupiter

Incase you guys didn't know,The Jupiter comes with a Front disc now :) It is rumored that there will come an Fi 110cc Variant and a Fi 125cc Variant next year.

I don't see Honda Activa 125 in your list any reason to drop it?

I own Activa 125 and I am very much pleased with leaving aside the mileage.

We use it within city and for merely 1km at max so Fuel efficient will surely take a hit. I have get around 28 kmpl.

Brakes to me seems ok but according to dad there are horrible, suspension are great but Honda Service centre is worst, so to solve this issue I service it from outside.

Note Mine is Honda Activa 125 STD (i.e. without disc brakes and alloys).

Top Bottom