Buying a New Scooter. Budget Rs.70K

Thread Starter #17
Just on basis of test drive and looks, specs, the Aprilia SE150 tops the list - vs Activa, Jupiter, Wego, Dio etc.

The bikes mentioned are more of less similar - with exceptions being disc brakes, 12" in some and design

Hi eyeryone,

Even i'm looking for a new Scooter .. Budget is around 65k - 70k ...
Doesn't want any of the Honda scooters .. Simply because every model have waiting period and the shoddy attitude of dealers.
Doesn't want to go for any of the mahindra scooters ...
Bajaj doesn't have any.
Hero .. Need to check out maestro edge ..
Tvs .. today went to check out Jupiter and Wego .. Both has quite a few hits and miss .. Things which are in their favour .. big alloy wheels .. telescopic suspension .. (Attached the OTR price list)
Confusion is heard and read a lot of negative feedback about tvs dealers of bangalore ..
So confused .. Any suggestions would be helpful ...

Attachments

Thread Starter #19
Hi eyeryone,

Doesn't want any of the Honda scooters .. Simply because every model have waiting period and the shoddy attitude of dealers.
Dont know your location, if possible test drive SR150. See some inputs above, its a very good racing-scooter. Lot of pep, stability, large tyres, handling and all within 80-82K for Aprilia brand.

The deliveries have started coming and I am expecting mine this week-end. Its definitely not a comparison with any of scooters you listed or which are available in the market

Hi eyeryone,

Doesn't want to go for any of the mahindra scooters ...
Bajaj doesn't have any.
Hero .. Need to check out maestro edge ..
Tvs .. today went to check out Jupiter and Wego .. Both has quite a few hits and miss .. Things which are in their favour .. big alloy wheels .. telescopic suspension .. (Attached the OTR price list)
Confusion is heard and read a lot of negative feedback about tvs dealers of bangalore ..
So confused .. Any suggestions would be helpful ...
Don't know about the TVS dealers in Bangalore. One call to the TVS helpline helps you solve the query.

I can help with Jupiter review though.

1) 12" alloys and telescopic suspension does help in smooth ride even on bad roads.
2) I am getting 55 kmpl with sedate riding most of the time. I have a pillion most of the time during the rides.
3) Engine is butter smooth.
4) Headlight is powerful.
5) You can easily put the vehicle on center stand.

Rahul bhai, nice true review of the Jupiter by you.

I just sold my 2008 access (that had enough engine issues & pathetic mileage of 20 - 22kmpl) - exchange offer, same day my friend booked a new Maestro Edge from Bhagath Motors, Horamavu.

The Maestro Edge comes in 2 variants, LX & VX
the one booked is VX
Immobiliser equipped
The best keys for a scooter in this price category
10" wheels,
telescopic suspension
seat release in key slot itself (just like access)
Pass light
beefy aluminium foot rest for rear passenger
Free first year insurance
All ABS body
I should call it a better variant of the 110cc activa
Also comes with combi braking

On Road 63008/- as on today
Free Insurance offer till Diwali day (thats a savings of 1500/-)
Accessories cost another 4000/- which includes a full face helmet (but we declined all accessories
side stand (with buzzer)= 300/-
blank number plates = 100/-

The last time when my friend booked a activa 110cc some 8months back, the price was 66000/- and the dealer's attitude was pathetic. The one that has showroom on 80ft road, banaswadi & service center in Ramamurthynagar.

I am duly impressed by the sales rep, the manager and their honesty is accepting a few things that others dont. Did PDI within 30mins, found a big scratch on the grab rail, they would swap it with a new piece before delivery. Specifically asked for MRF/CEAT tyres, they obliged to that demand too.
Out of the 7 - 10 white scooters in stock, most of them had tvs tyres, they gave us what we wanted, Delivery within 4days.

Here are 2 pictures of the same. 20161024_171942.jpg

20161024_172004.jpg

Even Wego comes for nearly the same price (62,000) approx
I think Maestro, definately has the edge

Last edited:
Not to forget, Maestro Edge has Boot light and inbuilt charger as well. The key slot opens boot as well as fuel lid. The features are unmatched with any of the scooters in that price range.

However, I found the ride of Maestro Edge little rough. May be the TD vehicle was rough used. That made me walk away from the deal.

P.S: Maestro Edge has 12" front wheels and 10" rear wheels.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
Coming back after 2.5 months of good usage, Aprillia is a excellent work-horse and power bike. Family is enjoying using it, so am I.

Long distances, short ones - no issues. The suspensions are bit hard, but that helps with the dymanics and drivability. Overall mileage is 35-37 kmpl, which is pretty decent compared to what you get. Still a eye turner on the roads

Cmon drop off the hondas and tvs, go for access 125 I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Go for an activa only if you want to get confused in a parking lot

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom