Buying a New Scooter: 110 CC or 125 CC?

Thread Starter #1
my name is savith kumar iam from Ahmedabad. Age 35. I'm looking for a New scooter ...My monthly average running will be around 800Km to 1000 km.

presently I own Honda Activa 102 cc (2004) old Model.

My 1st Choice is Honda Activa 125CC and 2nd Choice is TVS jupiter 109 cc .
i need suggestion should i go for 110CC or 125CC [confused]

please reply [roll]

Re: scooter 125CC or 110CC

savithk, welcome to The automotive india.
Being an activa owner, you are aware of the pros and cons of this scooter.125cc would be the choice if you are going to ride mostly on highways or on the ring road circles.
Else i would say go for jupiter.I recently brought one and am very much satisfied with the purchase.
Link to my ownership thread if it may help you to decide.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...loating-planet-drives-down-here-juipiter.html

Re: scooter 125CC or 110CC

savithk, welcome to The automotive india.
Being an activa owner, you are aware of the pros and cons of this scooter.125cc would be the choice if you are going to ride mostly on highways or on the ring road circles.
Else i would say go for jupiter.I recently brought one and am very much satisfied with the purchase.
Link to my ownership thread if it may help you to decide.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...loating-planet-drives-down-here-juipiter.html
Yes,as you are a Honda owner you know the pros and cons of vehicle.
Moreover i will say Honda engine is better in terms of other engines, if you are taking your ride across traffic prone congested places,Activa -HET Model(110cc) will do,the engine is highly refined for economy.
Activa -HET(125cc),even though is more stylish, mileage wise not a big deal.
Tyre profile and braking have been improved in both vehicles.
Activa(110cc HET) offers combi brakes, while other has Disc brakes in higher variant.
110 cc offers Normal odometer while other has digital odometer .
I own activa 110 cc,suspension as a driver is great,while pillon comfort is not upto mark.
Other one also as driver great while pillon i have not tested.

Thread Starter #4
i don't want to say it's brilliant scooter <Activa > its ok fine for me ..but i thing i like honda service. after 10 yrs <with minor problems> My Activa runing ok because of honda service.

i really don t no about TVS service .i am regularly following https://www.facebook.com/TVSJupiter many tvs owner have complaining about TVS service.they can't solve the problem.TVS service guys didn't response back.the worst customer service

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5
please advise me should i go for drum brake or disk brake for Honda Activa 125CC .iam new to disk brake ????

please advise me should i go for drum brake or disk brake for Honda Activa 125CC .iam new to disk brake ????
Disk Brakes are any-day better than Drum brakes at any given point of time, provided they should be handled right, their purpose is to improve the braking distance.I'd suggest you buy with discs.

Thread Starter #7
please give <disk brake > maintenance information ...recently i visited honda dealer for Activa 125CC dealer guy have only two information Activa 125CC is available in two version drum brake or disk brake ...nothing else

Thread Starter #8
finally I decided to go for Activa 125 and I bought activa 125 disc version I didn't have any issue now but something annoying me like why kick start so hard in Activa 125 same as Activa 102 :-(... front panel(handlebar area) is vibrating when scooter starts...( Ride Quality) when i driving in road i can feel the jerk bumpy ride little uncomfortable .rear Shock absorbers setup stiff and bouncy feel back pain ... i don't feel the advantage of telescopic suspension . i feel iam runing my old Activa 102cc scooter :-(

any comments and suggestions are welcomed :-)

Last edited:
finally I decided to go for Activa 125 and I bought activa 125 disc version I didn't have any issue now but something annoying me like why kick start so hard in Activa 125 same as Activa 102 :-(... front panel(handlebar area) is vibrating when scooter starts...( Ride Quality) when i driving in road i can feel the jerk bumpy ride little uncomfortable .rear Shock absorbers setup stiff and bouncy feel back pain ... i don't feel the advantage of telescopic suspension . i feel iam runing my old Activa 102cc scooter :-(

any comments and suggestions are welcomed :-)
First of all, congrats for the Activa 125. Which colour did you get?

I have no idea about the handlebar vibrations during start, but my cousin had the problem of the entire body (Activa 110) vibration after a cold start. Realised that the idle RPM was too low and adjusted it, problem solved.

For the kick level, see the owner manual and there are detailed guidelines. You have to first kick it all the way down (slowly), then let it come back all the way up and then kick with force. This way you would not get those hard bounce-back actions.

For ride quality, check the tyre pressures when the scooter tyres are cool. You can get a pressure gauge and adjust yourself or go to the nearest air filling point when the scooter isn't run much (tyres should be cold). Fill upto the recommended levels and enjoy!

And yes, the rear suspension is a bit stiff on solo rides but does quite well with a pillion. The advantage of telescopic suspension is that you won't feel the bumps as you would have in your 102cc Activa. Moreover, while braking with front brakes, there is a nosedive action (similar to bikes) which is very positive and confidence inspiring than the old Activa's jump-over feel due to the conventional front suspension.

Hope it helps.

Thread Starter #10
any one have Activa 125 .i just want to know about tool kit i got only screwdriver & nothing else .

we Indians when will our sooch badloo, gaadi leni the muruti, the bike/scooter hero/honda, well why did you not question yourself why 12" front & 10" rear wheels?, there has to be a flaw somewhere, I have a jupiter @55 i think this is the best in the market, (primarily for my dawa daroo!! daud) no natak just twist & go.

regards

vinod

any one have Activa 125 .i just want to know about tool kit i got only screwdriver & nothing else .
One screwdriver, a spanner (12 and 14 size I guess) and one other tool (which attaches to the screwdriver for say, removing wheel nuts).

Top Bottom