Buying a Diesel Hatchback Under Rs.6 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Please help. I want a diesel hatchback. daily 40 - 50 kms in the city of Chennai. I would prefer a small and reliable one in the range of 5-6 lakhs. I have shortlisted 4 of them (not in any order):

1. Nissan Micra XV Diesel

2. Renault Pulse RxL

3. New Swift Vdi

4. Hyundai i20 Magna 1.4 crdi

Please list out the order for the following categories: mileage, space(boot & legroom), maintanance, price and reliability. Is there any other hatch in this range that I should consider?

Re: Buying a Hatchback

I'd like to add Fiat Punto Emotion to your list, as i got my Punto 2 days ago. [:D]
Also, wait for new i20, if budget is not an issue.

why don't you checkout Ford figo Diesel Titanium?
You can get fully loaded hatchback with proven 1.4 L engine & powerful AC at the price of Swift VDI.

Maruti Swift VDi is a good choice. But VDi doesn't offer much features. Its having a gem diesel power-train in it. I consider lack of ABS in the VDi variant to be a major drawback. Swift ZDi is a overall good package with lots of features which makes it a perfect premium hatch.
Consider the Ford Figo TDCi Titanium variant which is a proven hatch which comes equipped with almost all the features such as music system, airbags,ABS etc(I consider ABS to be a basic feature essential in all powerful cars[glasses]).
Do test drive Ford Figo before rounding your final choice.

You should consider buying Tata Vista QJD LX in that budget range and that ticks most of the parameters you have mentioned, only the lagging part is the A.S.S when it comes in competition with Maruti.

You have another option of Etios Liva GD, it is also an potential competitor and ticks every box to your need, but as usual Liva lags behind for the bare basic interiors, thin cushioning in the seats, if you are not too concerned about it, then Liva is the best one in the lot.

Please consider following vehicles also

Vista LX/VX Quadrajet
Polo trendline
Figo ZXi
Punto 2012

If you can let me know if would not want them for some reasons that would be helpful.

I am planning to help you to the most I can. If you can give me revised list (if you wish) I will come up with something for you!

Top Bottom