Dash Cam: Queries & Discussions

Re: Buying a Dashboard Camera – Advice & Discussions

Thanks dear.

Seen your review - helpful (that one was also a class 10 memory card)

Before trying the new 32GB class 4 card, I tried 8GB card which I was using on my mobile but that too was not recording. Then I spoke to the accessory guy in Tata dealer who told me that I need to try the class 10 card as others are of low speed card which may not be able to record since we are recording a fast moving scenery.[roll]
I don't believe that and most dashcam supports from class 4 card. If you have dashcam manual, do check otherwise.

8gb card is also class 4?

Nairrk

Honoured Member

I don't believe that and most dashcam supports from class 4 card. If you have dashcam manual, do check otherwise.

8gb card is also class 4?
Yes, 8GB card also of class4 - Anyway, will check again before going to class 10 card.

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Okay, keep me updated.

Thanks...
Best Regards
Yesterday I tried and it seems to record, but from reverse camera (I could see all the vehicles following me)?

Also, recording breaks after one minute and again record for another one minute like wise. I checked the camera settings and there is a feature called 'Cyclic Record' with an option for 'off', '1 minute', '2 minutes' & '3 minutes'. Should I select the 'off' position so that continuous recording happens?[roll]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
My verna's dashboard cAmera is acting up. Doesn't record randomly and starts automatically after turning off the car.

Viofo a119 v2 is on pre-order at aliexpress. I have not tried banggood.
Also is yi dashboard camera worth buying ?

Yesterday I tried and it seems to record, but from reverse camera (I could see all the vehicles following me)?
You have another camera on the rear glass or the dashcam has two cameras?

Also, recording breaks after one minute and again record for another one minute like wise. I checked the camera settings and there is a feature called 'Cyclic Record' with an option for 'off', '1 minute', '2 minutes' & '3 minutes'. Should I select the 'off' position so that continuous recording happens?[roll]
My dashcam has "loop record" option inwhich a new file is saved every x minutes (Default is 3 min). Once the memory is full, oldest file will be deleted as new file is written. Video is recorded continuously but each video file length will be 3 mins or as per setting. If you set it off then it records a single video file and I guess whole file will be deleted when the memory is full. So we shouldn't set it off.

However, I'm not sure whether cyclic record is same as loop record.

have pre-ordered viofo a119 V2 for 5300rs with CPL filter.
From which store did you buy? And is it having Sony sensor?

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member

You have another camera on the rear glass or the dashcam has two cameras?

My dashcam has "loop record" option inwhich a new file is saved every x minutes (Default is 3 min). Once the memory is full, oldest file will be deleted as new file is written. Video is recorded continuously but each video file length will be 3 mins or as per setting. If you set it off then it records a single video file and I guess whole file will be deleted when the memory is full. So we shouldn't set it off.

However, I'm not sure whether cyclic record is same as loop record.
Its a Dashcam with a reverse parking camera (the product comes with like that). One camera is placed in the rear side of the IRVM and another camera (reverse parking) is fixed above the number plate. When I engage reverse gear it works as reverse camera. I was not aware it works as rear cam also. After seeing the recording I now realize that it records rear side also.

I think cyclic record is same as loop record since it is mentioned 1,2,3 minutes timing as well as the ''OFF'' option.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I bought it from shenzen smartway tech. Co. Ltd. And no it has the omnivision 4689 sensor. I just saw a comparison and the Sony sensor is much better. Do you know the one having the Sony sensor ?

I bought it from shenzen smartway tech. Co. Ltd. And no it has the omnivision 4689 sensor. I just saw a comparison and the Sony sensor is much better. Do you know the one having the Sony sensor ?
First I too found that Sony sensor is better but later noticed that comparison videos of omnivision are downsized to 1080 (From 2k) so the videos look worst. If you check original 2k videos of omnivision then it should be similar or slightly better then Sony because of higher resolution. Sony sensor is said to record better night time videos though.

Anyway, A119S has Sony sensor and sometimes its sold for 5.1k promo sale on Banggood. I got the same two months back (Includes GPS, No CPL filter) but didn't had time to write review.

FYI, There is also A119 Pro which has got Aptina AR0521 sensor and its said to record better daytime videos. You can checkout banggood and gearbest.

Always buy from GearBest or bangGood as they have India Priority Line and India Direct Line respectively which uses GATI for shipping and delivery within India. Most of the times you are not charged any customs if you use this option.

Though one of these two sites has started using some other courier for their delivery instead of GATI. I forgot which one. But still these are my preferred options rather than AliEx.

Nairrk

Honoured Member

@CRACING - I just the checked the User manual of my dashcam cum reverse parking camera (iCAM) and realize that 'Loop record' and 'Cyclic Record' are same.

It is written as: When start the car engine, the recorder will start recording function automatically, the charge indicator lighting, and the recording light blinks. When turn off the engine, the recorder will save record contents and shut down automatically. The video files will be saved in the TF card in segments. The recorder will overwrite earlier video files when TF card is full / will give alert. The recording time can be set in Menu, ranging from 1 minutes/ 2 minutes/ 3 minutes.

However it is not clear how we can control front camera recording and rear camera recording?

@CRACING - I just the checked the User manual of my dashcam cum reverse parking camera (iCAM) and realize that 'Loop record' and 'Cyclic Record' are same.

It is written as: When start the car engine, the recorder will start recording function automatically, the charge indicator lighting, and the recording light blinks. When turn off the engine, the recorder will save record contents and shut down automatically. The video files will be saved in the TF card in segments. The recorder will overwrite earlier video files when TF card is full / will give alert. The recording time can be set in Menu, ranging from 1 minutes/ 2 minutes/ 3 minutes.

However it is not clear how we can control front camera recording and rear camera recording?
Can you give us the Manufacturer name and model number of the camera?

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Can you give us the Manufacturer name and model number of the camera?
iCAM, manufactured by GENOME and imported by Infinito International, Pune.

Genome group, may be a Chinese company and their products are imported in India by Infinito.

Model number not written in Warranty card. Unable see same in the Camera (it is fixed on the IRVM), unless I remove it. Anyway, I have sent an email to the company to explain about the products especially recording features.

Top Bottom