Buying a Brand New Mobile today - It's Nokia C3

Re: Buying a Brand New Mobile today

Ok here are some options of mobile phones available in 70$ (approx) range,

1. Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Retails for 19000/- INR = almost $400
  2. Dell Streak Retails above 30000/- INR= $750
  3. Nokia C3 Retails for about 5000/-INR = $100
  4. Nokia C6 Retails for about 15000/-INR = $320
  5. BlackBerry Bold 9780 Retails for about 25000/- INR = $500

Now a bad news the delivery date of my mobile has been changed, the delivery now will be done on 19 March, 2011[frustration]. Good news two more surprises I've got a 1.5 TB External Hard Drive and a wireless laptop mouse[:D].
My replies in bold, so according to price mentioned by you ($70) only Nokia C3 fits the bill. But as you have given these phones as options I believe either you wanted to say $700 or you are getting these phones locked to a particular carrier from overseas.

Moreover Blackberry 8700 mentioned above is a very old phone announced in 2004 and later discontinued.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19

My replies in bold, so according to price mentioned by you ($70) only Nokia C3 fits the bill. But as you have given these phones as options I believe either you wanted to say $700 or you are getting these phones locked to a particular carrier from overseas.

Moreover Blackberry 8700 mentioned above is a very old phone announced in 2004 and later discontinued.
The price which I mentioned (70$) is without taxes (gst, pst and hst), with gst, pst and hst it would cost around 80 to 90$ for basic mobile phone without data plan and other accessories, with data plan and accessories it would cost around 150 to 170$ or up to 600 to 1000$. There is a limited market for mobile phones here in North America. Unlike the Indian Market where there are too many choices to choose from within India. The mobile is unlocked from the factory itself, only Pay As You Go (Prepaid) has this option. Pay Monthly (Post Paid) phones are locked to a specific Networks, which are unlocked only when the contract is over, Blackberry Curve is still available in the market here.

Last edited:

The price which I mentioned (70$) is without taxes (gst, pst and hst), with gst, pst and hst it would cost around 80 to 90$ for basic mobile phone without data plan and other accessories, with data plan and accessories it would cost around 150 to 170$ or up to 600 to 1000$. There is a limited market for mobile phones here in North America. Unlike the Indian Market where there are too many choices to choose from within India. The mobile is unlocked from the factory itself, only Pay As You Go (Prepaid) has this option. Pay Monthly (Post Paid) phones are locked to a specific Networks, which are unlocked only when the contract is over, Blackberry Curve is still available in the market here.
When we talk about iPhone retailing for $99, it is because it is locked to a particular carrier(say AT&T or Verizon) and you get the phone in a 2 year contract and you pay the complete price of the phone in 2 years(in installments). ie It is subsidized by the network, You can't get an FACTORY-UNLOCKED iPhone for $99. This is the post paid scheme.

Now in case of prepaid schemes when the phone is factory unlocked, you have to pay the entire price(which is about $550 for 3GS) upfront.

Apple won't be charging 3500/-INR($70) for a device in USA and 30000/-INR($600) for the same device in India.

I don't think that the accessories and data plans shoot the price of a phone worth $80-90 to a whooping $600.
As far as the curve is concerned, there are many curves available currently viz 9300,8520,8900 etc. and the curve 8700 was discontinued quite a long time ago, don't know whether it is still available in USA.

[surprise]
Please read this before commenthing any further.
I checked the link but if you see Blackberry website it doesn't mentions 8700c in current models and gsmarena also states that it is discontinued, that is why I said that it was discontinued.

Thread Starter #24
Got the delivery of my Mobile today (18th March, 2011)

an Update for my extended family

My mobile has been delivered today at my home, @AMG and @Safire90 both of you guessed it right the brand name and model number is Nokia C3[:D]. But I thought lets play some guessing game thats why I didn't reveal it earlier, photographs will be posted in a few hours please give me some time to believe that I've already got my phone. I'm so happy that I cannot control myself, this Nokia C3 is mine:biggrin:. One more thing, I have replaced the external 1.5 TB Hard Drive coz I found it hard to use.

Thread Starter #25
Re:Buying a Brand New Mobile today

Sorry I cannot post photos because there are some error messages are popping up while I upload the images[frustration][frustration].

Last edited:

Sorry I cannot post photos because there are some error messages are popping up while I upload the images[frustration][frustration].
What error message is being displayed? Please post a screen shot or mail the image to me, i will post them in the thread.

350Z

Core Team

Perhaps it's happening because of large picture size (Adjust them under 1000x1000 Pixels). Please do what Akash said above.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #29

Congratulations.

[clap]
Thank you yaar for your kind words, it has made me feel Nice and Special[thumbsup].

What error message is being displayed? Please post a screen shot or mail the image to me, i will post them in the thread.
Akash I am posting you the links of the photographs right away via personal message, please watermark those images coz I don't want other non members of TAI to use it and claim copyright over mine images. Watermark it as bmwrockzz@theautomotiveindia.com [cheers], the screen shot that I have attached.

Perhaps it's happening because of large picture size (Adjust them under 1000x1000 Pixels). Please do what Akash said above.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes your are right Vibhor the images are over sized and very large, I had taken the photos with my Olympus camera, I've sent a pm to Akash he will resize the photos and upload it.

Attachments

Top Bottom