Buying a Bike Under Rs.2 Lacs. New or Used?

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI,
I was determined to buy a dominar 400 soon..but when i was going through olx i saw many(really many ) hyosungs gt 650,250 for sale for about 2 lakhs.. and ninja 650 (2011) for 2 lakh many ninja 300 n benelli 300's for same price .. so is it a better idea to go for dominar or buy a premium used bike for somewhat similar price.. and whats the reason for so many cheap hyosungs

Buying used bike is not is big problem at all. The only thing you should think that does it have a basic safety feature i.e. ABS.

Dominar is 400 CC bike with stunning looks and comes with KTM 390 engine. It has dual channel ABS and wide tyres with nice suspension to balance the ride and handling.

If you are looking for 650 Hyosung then it makes sense, but I doubt about the condition of bike. TD very thoroughly and then decide wisely. Although Dominar is really good bike and VFM.

Logically I would suggest suggest Dominar, its a superb bike and is "INSANE" value for money and is loaded with advanced tech like Dual channel ABS (single channel ABS is not worth half as good), Fuel Injection, superb unique LED headlights which look awesome, best balance between touring(comfort) and performance, dual spring gas charged suspension adjusted for perfect blend between comfort and performance, triple spark plugs, refined engine, very informative fully digital MID. Also is backed by good country wide Bajaj service network which makes service availability everywhere and cheap to service.
650 cc bikes would be very low on FE (16-17kmpl), very high on maintenance/spares. Hyosungs have terrific street presence but maintaining them is a hassle and same with Kawasaki. Ninja 650 sounds too crude to me. Ninja 300 is best for 2nd hand if you really get good deal. Benelli again has very limited service and does not look that great when compared to Ninja, Hyosung or even Dominar.
Also you would be buying Dominar as brand new which itself is the biggest point. Bajaj has tuned engine and it feels much smoother compared to Duke and gives decent FE for the big engine it has.

Last edited:

Top Bottom