Status
Not open for further replies.

AMG

Suspended
I feel that

1: Dzire has been around since ages.
2: with a new swift coming, one can never rule out a new Dzire
3: Doesnt have the interior quality of Polo, i20 or maybe Micra
4: If the car gets phased out, you know, spare issues, bad resale, expensive maintenance
5: The dzire is bought only by people who have enough money for a half-decent hatch, but want a boot because of the status attached to a boot.

Thread Starter #47
I feel that

1: Dzire has been around since ages.
2: with a new swift coming, one can never rule out a new Dzire
3: Doesnt have the interior quality of Polo, i20 or maybe Micra
4: If the car gets phased out, you know, spare issues, bad resale, expensive maintenance
5: The dzire is bought only by people who have enough money for a half-decent hatch, but want a boot because of the status attached to a boot.
I find points 2, 3 and 5 quite valid. My dad can not agree more with you. In fact, when he agreed to TD the Polo and i20 tomorrow, and I asked him to TD Dzire as well, he didn't show much interest.[:D]

I am a bit late here.

Arkin, I would suggest you to go for i20, Micra or Polo. If you can extend your budget a bit, Jazz too can fit in that slot. Although Jazz is the costliest of the lot, it has an involving drive. As a result, here goes my priority list

Hyundai i20 (Best Bet)
Nissan Micra
Honda Jazz (Of you can extend your budget)
VW Polo (Spares are a bit expensive)

Thread Starter #50
Thanks Akash. The fight is clearly between the Polo and the i20. I shall tell my dad more about the Micra tomorrow. Something tells me the Polo will win. :stupid:

Well, after gogn through the complete thread i feel you are more inclined towards Polo. Rest assured Polo, is a great car with tough build and classy looks as its USP.

Thread Starter #52
Well, after gogn through the complete thread i feel you are more inclined towards Polo. Rest assured Polo, is a great car with tough build and classy looks as its USP.
/Yeah, but I used to love the i20 earlier. Let's see. Only time will tell.
For now, yawn.., I need to catch some sleep, I have a long day ahead![sleep]

Thread Starter #53
We TDed the i20 Asta 1.2 and WagonR VXi (ABS), instead of a Dzire as we couldn't get a TD vehicle. Dad was impresseed by the i20, but even more by the WagonR, probably because of the low price,
VW will send us a Polo 1.2 tomorrow..

We TDed the i20 Asta 1.2 and WagonR VXi (ABS), instead of a Dzire as we couldn't get a TD vehicle. Dad was impresseed by the i20, but even more by the WagonR, probably because of the low price,
VW will send us a Polo 1.2 tomorrow..
I think your Dad is much matured and wants a practical car with lesser value for very less use ( as you say 50 km per week ) and you want a big car just for the show off kind, sorry to hurt you but it looks from the liking of Wagon R by your Dad here more than i20.

I think your Dad is much matured and wants a practical car with lesser value for very less use ( as you say 50 km per week ) and you want a big car just for the show off kind, sorry to hurt you but it looks from the liking of Wagon R by your Dad here more than i20.
+1 to that.

Yes Arkin, even if your Dad opts for a WagonR, i would be a wise decision since WagonR is a VFM package with good cabin space and proven K10 engine and since your travelling wont be much, going for a cheaper option is surely a great idea.

Thread Starter #56
Yeah, my dad ain't the show off kind, and the WagonR suits him. Anyway, we'll TD the Polo and Micra, and then decide.

Note: The purchase might be postponed. More info on this in my next thread.

15K interval doesn't mean that Polo has got the best engine under the hoods & 10K interval doesn't mean that Hyundai is crap!
Did I say that?
I said, the maintenance cost will be lower, even if some spare prices are on higher side.

Companies like FIAT & VW are just entering into India & they want to capture market & this is just an marketing gimmick to make people feel that their car's are best.
Please learn to appreciate engineering superiority of other manufacturers. Since Hyundai/Maruti don't have these capabilities, you can't say others are doing for just marketing.
OT - Fiat is in India, much-much before any other existing manufacturer even came here..

In that budget -

1) i20

REASON - The interiors make you feel like you are being pampered. Remember you spend most of the time sitting inside a car & cruising at normal speeds or even consider a 120km/h rather than taking it to its limits & seeing how well it handles or performs etc.

2) Jazz

Reason - If your really would be driving the car to its limits & want the handling performance to be top notch its got to be a jazz. No Polo and no i20.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #60
Jazz is out of the budget. I've added the Fiesta 1.6 to the list, considering the discounts available from time to time. The purchase has been postponed by 1 or 2 months, as it will clash with the purchase of the Accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom