Buying a < 7 Lakh Petrol Car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting point said by Sriharsha.

While going for a TD if possible try to get the spares price list of both i20 and Polo. This will help you get an idea how the maintenance of a Polo could be.

But for your minimal running maintenance of a VW car should not burn a hole in your pocket! Always follow your heart and you will never regret buying that car.

I would say no to Micra. I just saw one in road and its back profile is looking very ugly. Since its a car for you , i guess looks must be on top-priority for you!

AMG

Suspended
1: It is not a car for him. It is for his family.
2: He actually likes Micra's looks.

Thread Starter #33
1: It is not a car for him. It is for his family.
2: He actually likes Micra's looks.
1. The car is for ME. My family doesn't care much
2. I'm not a great fan of the Micra's looks. I was just saying that the looks of the Micra aren't too bad in that thread.

@Cool Dhaya. Good point. We shall refer the recent ACI that covered spare part prices and get back.

I talked to my dad, and he read this thread. He feels the i20 and Polo are the most viable options. Anyway, suggestion are always welcome.

With Polo, you should keep in mind that for at least next 2 to 3 years, maintenance cost will be high. On the other hand, German engineering is trustable. Also, not the point that i20 is a German design too. Hyundai planned and designed this car with a all European team as they wanted to grab European market.

AMG

Suspended
1. The car is for ME. My family doesn't care much
Then why dont you buy it after 2 years, when you have a driving licence?
Who knows, after 2 years, you may even have a bigger budget.

If you get a car now, and your family uses it, you will always have a feeling of getting a used car.

Your friends will always say: Papa ki car thi, use nahi karte the, isko mil gayi.(It was dad's car, didnt use it, so he got it.)

But if you get a new car, your friends will say, his dad bought him a new car.

Anyways, if its for you, then I would also recommend the polo.

Hey Arkin!

For a budget of 7 lakhs and if you looking for a premium hatch, then ask your papa to test drive the following.

• Volkswagen Polo
  • Honda Jazz
  • Hyundai i20
Volkswagen Polo - One of the best built & robust hatch in India yet!
Pros - Robust & Solid Built, German Engineering
Cons - Features aren't that impressive, Maintenance & Service on higher side.

Honda Jazz - The best, most & only premium hatch in India till date.
Pros - Ivtec, panoromic view which doesn't even come in an SUV !!
Cons - Higher price Tag!

Hyundai i20 - Hot seller of the segment & unbiased winner.
Pros - 5 star rating, interiors & features!
Cons - I really dont see any

You can opt for Hyundai i20, if you want to be Uber Cool, else go for Honda Jazz.

Congratz for your new wheels!!

Cons - Features aren't that impressive, Maintenance & Service on higher side.
Feature wise, yes i20 has more.
Maintenance/Service cost yet to be seen. How have you concluded Polo will be on higher side? It has launched just 2-3 months back. Hyundai never been cheap to maintain.
Since only Polo (apart from Punto) has 15K service interval, I would say even if the cost of spares are bit on higher side, Polo will be easy to maintain.

Hyundai i20
Cons - I really dont see any
:biggrin:
The engine is worst of the lot.
Steering on high speed is scary.
Ride & Handling - again worst of the lot.

Again, I don't mean i20 is bad, what I want to say is car-to-car Polo is better than i20 overall.

Glad to see you RSM!

Okay, have these words in the history of The Automotive India!!

VW can never be cheaper than Hyundai in hatchback segment in terms of maintenance & service.

We will definitely have lot of i20 & Polo owners here & let them say the remaining!

15K interval doesn't mean that Polo has got the best engine under the hoods & 10K interval doesn't mean that Hyundai is crap!

Companies like FIAT & VW are just entering into India & they want to capture market & this is just an marketing gimmick to make people feel that their car's are best.

I claim VW's maintenance to be on higher side than Hyundai as I have huge contacts working for different manufacturers across Globe. [cheers]

And regarding speed & handling, agreed that Polo is far better. But that doesn't conclude to own a car.

Thread Starter #40
@AMG, its a good 4 years before I can drive. When I go to college, my dad will buy me a new car, if I want. If I choose to use the Polo then, one can't say that my dad gave me his 2nd car. One could say - "Arkin has started driving his car, at last". I don't care what others say. What I like matters.
@Zinam, I was looking forward to hear from you, at last I have! Well, the Jazz is out of our budget, as we can't spend > Rs 6 lakh on the ex-showroom price. Anyway, thanks for bringing out many valid points on the i20 and Polo.
@RSM. Thanks a lot. That bit about AfSS costs was really nagging me until now.

I was talking to my dad, and when he asked me, other than the option of 6 airbags what the extra features of the i20 were, I replied - " Power mirrors, seatbelt warning system" and so on, as well as explained about them, and he said, "why do I need power mirrors? This feature is unnecessary. We don't need a seat belt warning system either, when we have someone like you". :biggrin:

We're going to TD the Polo after lunch (yes, late).

EDIT: If servicing costs are not as expensive as Honda's, there should be no problem.

Thread Starter #43
We could not test drive the Polo today, as my dad was ill.
Tomorrow, we will be TDing -
1. Polo
2. i20, and if time permits,
3. DZire.

One question: Is door step TD possible for the VW Polo in Bangalore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom