Buying a < 7 Lakh Petrol Car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #91
And not to mention, I might be getting a DZire LDi too from the office later this month. :biggrin:
-----------Next Post-----------
Oh OK. But what I thought the Jazz's engine is the best in class!
Figo is not an option. It is a class below the others.

Last edited:
Oh OK. But what I thought the Jazz's engine is the best in class!
It is one of the best in class. One must have a TD to believe it. The "Overpriced" hype has overshadowed Jazz's drive. I am sure your dad wont be disappointed with its performance.[cheers]

Figo diesel is a very good engine. It is the same as fiesta/ikon engine (may be re-tuned). This is the best class. for 5.5L you have a diesel performer.

Thread Starter #94
Well, the Figo feels small, and lacks finesse compared to the i20 and its league, and we don't really need a diesel. So the Figo doesn't really appeal to us. However, I had recommended it before to my grandpa for its FE and performance.
@Akash. Yes, it is bound to me more than adequate.

Yeah! Right.
A car that produces its power at 6200 RPM (redline) is a great engine?[lol]
I will die laughing.
No offences meant, I dont intent to involve myself in a heated argument, but friend its not necessary that a car performs in same way as it looks on paper.
IMO Jazz is a decent performer(compared to other Petrol rivals)
BTW have you TD the Jazz, since you are questioning its performance?

Now for you info, i gave my opinion based on my experience(TDs). Now some specs.

Hyundai i20 delivers 80 PS@5200 RPM
Fabia 1198CC delivers 70PS@5400RPM.

Now whenever you read specs they will show you the max power at that rpm. And while you are driving you dont try to get that power(its a family car for Arkin).

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
I am not convinced with your argument.

Jazz produces its peak power at very high RPMs.

Ask any Jazz owner and he will tell you that even a A-Star or Alto will smoke you at the lights.

Thread Starter #98
It is typical of Hondas to be low on the revs pre-2000 rpm, after which, it is altogether a different story.

@Arkin- For your info friend, among the petrol hearts Jazz has one of the peppiest heart which gives you power output of 89BHP which is as i said earlier is decent enough for it to be a good family car.

I am not convinced with your argument.
Jazz produces its peak power at very high RPMs.
Ask any Jazz owner and he will tell you that even a A-Star or Alto will smoke you at the lights.
Most of the Hondas produce peak power at high rpm. City produce Max power of 118 ps@6000 rpm, does that mean City is slower than cars which produce power(low in case of i20 when compared to Jazz) at lower rpms?
I agree to the fact that Jazz is a bit overpriced, but then if you are looking at its negatives, why not appreciate its positive points and give an unbiased opinion when someones interested in buying it!

Go ahead with Jazz if you are not bothered about the over-priced tag and VFM factor. My friend has one and believe me its a great performer on road!

@ AMG TD a Jazz and find out yourself! A Jazz is a great performer , and please don compare an Alto or an A-Star with a Jazz's performance. Am pretty sure a Jazz can perform very much better than an Alto or an A-star!

AMG

Suspended
@ AMG
TD a Jazz and find out yourself! A Jazz is a great performer , and please don compare an Alto or an A-Star with a Jazz's performance. Am pretty sure a Jazz can perform very much better than an Alto or an A-star!
Once the revs get going, the Jazz will easily keep company with the most powerful hatches because of the 90 BHP engine.

What I am talking about is the city traffic.

Any car which produces its power at lower down will essentially do better than Jazz which produces its power very high up.

And as for a TD, the sales guy will try to take you to the highway.
Dont fall in the trap, go TD it in the city and watch it struggle.[evil]

Thread Starter #102
I think the performance of the Jazz should not be much of a bother. It must be enough for us. So no need to worry. Thanks for debating this to help me AMG and others.

Well Arkin i just confirmed with a friend who owns one for 6 months now. He has a Swift , SX4 , Innova , Xing , Nano and a Camry. He said he would rate Jazz next to Camry in terms of performance. He said the pick-up and handling is better than Swift , why even better than SX4. Ride quality is also smooth it seems. He said its a great car and asked to go straightaway with it!

Thread Starter #104
Yeah sure, I will! I shall get my dad to TD it when I'm back in Bangalore. You have a nice friend. He has car right from the Nano to the Camry! I think he's right about the Jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom