Buying a < 7 Lakh Petrol Car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #136
We don't want + need a diesel!!! The Polo seems the only option left then. In case my parents aren't impressed after a TD, we shall look at other models. Even diesels.

Punto's rear is slightly more than Polo and slightly less than i20.

In Petrol only option looks to be Polo. But its always better to TD all the cars and then decide. I would suggest do check Punto 1.4 also.

Thread Starter #138
OK. We will. It is a fact that we bought our i10 W/O A TD. And we are happy with our decision. Anyway, we will test drive the Polo tomorrow.

Thread Starter #139
We TDed the Polo and Vento y'day. Dad and I loved both of 'em 'cuz of the ride quality, german tech, performance and comfort. But mom and grandmom didn't like the Polo due to the poor rear seat comfort. The Vento seemed near perfect, but the highline is well outta our budget.
On the way back home,to see the SX4, we visited Bimal Maruti, where we had TDed the WagonR twice. The experience was excellent as usual, and the TD vehicle arrived in less than 10 minutes, before we even asked for the TD! All us, dad me, mom and granny loved it!
The sweetest part is that we can save save upto 65-70 thousand bucks on it!

There is a 25k cash discount and Rs 25k exchange/loyalty bonus. In addition, corporate discount might work to about Rs 10k and we are expecting a dealer discount of Rs5-10k
This is totally Rs 70,000 in discount!
The ex-showroom price of the ZXi is Rs 7.87 lakh. So we probably will have to pay just about Rs 7.2 lakh!!! That's similar to the price of the Jazz Select, which lacks many features!
So it now has seemed to boiled down to SX4 ZXi vs. i20 Asta Opt.

Thread Starter #142
As the car will be driven more in town, the low in torque is better in our i10.
However, my dad says the TD car did not seem to be in good condition, and would confirm about the performance after TDing another Jazz.
But it won't matter now. We are getting the SX4 for the price of the Jazz![:)]
The SX4 seems to be a better long term for my parents, as I don't think they will part with the next car for another 10 years.

But it won't matter now. We are getting the SX4 for the price of the Jazz![:)]
The SX4 seems to be a better long term for my parents, as I don't think they will part with the next car for another 10 years.
Sorry for adding to the confusion, but if you plan to keep the car for so long, then why go for a car which has already been in market for so long, i mean with the same face. I would rather suggest you to go for a Linea TJET over he SX4.

Thread Starter #144
The Linea is a wonderful car. But, We have already stretched our budget to the limit. We can go in for the Linea Dynamic, but it lacks airbags and ABS. The Emo Pk is out of our reach. There are benefits of upto 55k on the SX4, that is why the ZXi is within our reach. Besides, we are doubtful of the Linea's resale value and AfSS. Besides, my mom & grandmom want the rear seat area to be very airy, but the Linea's roof is rather low.
The SX4 has been around for just about 3 years anyway.

Thread Starter #146
The ride seemed decent enough during the TD. Not as great as the Vento, but better than the i10 and Indigo. There were some cheap switches & plastics here & there, but then everything else makes up for them. [:D]

Congrats SX4 is a good choice too , you get a much bigger car at that price! But the FE is still very poor for that car , i heard it gives only around 8-9kmpl in city! An SUV gives similar figures!!

Thread Starter #148
We have the chauffeur driven diesel sedan as our prime car, so it won't matter. The SX4 will be used on weekend and early morning drives, and 1 monthly outstation trip.
Besides, K&n filters are available as authorised accessories at Maruti Dealers, so that can give the FE a small boost.

Dont buy SX4 if you are too much concerned on mileage.

SX4 has everything practically just apart from mileage.

Build quality is good than other maruti's. Very powerful engine & rock stable car even at 140kmph.

Check out TAI review of SX4 here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom