Buy Extended Warranty To Take Care of Costly Repairs

Re: Extended Warranty : Worth it ?

Ha ha lol great comment TSIVipul.
But could you please explain, why? (First two cases, ie not must and Recommended)

Re: Extended Warranty : Worth it ?

It is kind of buying a luck factor. The moment your vehicle start crying you could say "I was lucky to buy extended warranty".

The worst thing I do not like about those extended warranty is the customer needs to follow the Service records at the authorized center else you void it. The only thing you need to check what all they cover under it [engine, transmission etc.] and what is the cost incurred.

I believe the cost is not that much to avoid it.

4th year extended warrenty for Hyndai Verna

Hi guys,

My third year extended warranty expires next week and I had a call from the dealer informing about 4th year extended warranty. He quoted me 7800 for year.

So far car just done 20K kms and under warranty only steering motor is replaced.

I don't understand whether to buy it or not, what are your experiences.

Also, I read on this forum that Verna has clutch problems which cost significant amount, is this issue covered under warranty?

Its a manual transmission petrol car.

Last edited:
Re: 4th year extended warrenty for Hyndai Verna

Clutch can't be covered under warranty ,though if you have a rapport with SA you can try your chances (As in my swift i did the same).
Go in for extended warranty ,it will definitely give you a peace of mind.

I have extended my warranty when i bought the car ,that is 2years standard warranty and 2 years again extended (Maruti says as 3rd and 4th year warranty ).
After 4th year can this be again extended ?

I have extended my warranty when i bought the car ,that is 2years standard warranty and 2 years again extended (Maruti says as 3rd and 4th year warranty ).
After 4th year can this be again extended ?
Not after 4th year. Basically, they are saying trouble free ownership till 40000km andthey can guarantee till 40000km. After that, major systems may fail. I think that wouldnt be unfair. Most of the petrol car owners typically drive 10000km a year and that 40000km expires after 4 years.

This is really bad for diesel owners. The premium they pay recovers only if they drive 2000km a month and that means 40000km is over in less than two years. If I am not mistaken, with current delta in petrol and diesel rates, I calculated 4 years before the diesel premium was recovered. Thats why a few companies have started giving 100k km warranties.

However, if you hit the 4 year of 40000km mark, you shouldnt worry about it. If your car has been well looked after, it will easily give good service till 80000km.

However, I am observing that a lot of owners dont really bother with being careful with their cars. Eben if they are engineers. One of my colleagues who has 50k+ km on his Alto 800 and his fair share of damage by driving aggressively in traffic is not bothered that his car is rattling away. Another who has 50k km on his VW Polo doesnt even slow down for triple speed breakers that we take very gingerly in the Baleno. When I had just bought the Baleno, another colleague who wanted to test drive her, didnt slow for the pre-made rubber breakers in our office driveway. Even the MS TSM was driving very rough in m car whilst test driving it. A lot of people are careless with cars and their cars come back to trouble them

Ameyam

The extended warranty costs around 7500-8000 rupees/yr. Also its free for first two years. So my question , does it make semse to purchase engine protection and consumables in car insurence schemes for the first two years? I mean is the extended warrenty and the other two the same?

I was hoping to see single multiple mfr car owner to compile the EW and or AMC package offered.

I own a Tata Nano automatic since 2016 and am covered by AMC Gold till 2020.

Have a Wagon R since 2014, 21k km serviced at the FNG.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The extended warranty costs around 7500-8000 rupees/yr. Also its free for first two years. So my question , does it make semse to purchase engine protection and consumables in car insurence schemes for the first two years? I mean is the extended warrenty and the other two the same?
These are totally separate things.
Warranty covers only defects and problems arising in any of the covered parts.
Whereas the engine protection in insurance covers damage to the same because of an accident.
Eg : a stone hit your car's underbody. You didn't check the damage and continued travelling. Meanwhile the engine oil drained completely and engine seized.
Warranty will not cover this since it's an external damage.
Insurance will cover the damage only of you have engine protection.
Assume you had engine protection but not the consumables protection. Every nut bolt , oil everything will be charged.

So yes it's better to add atleast zero depreciation , consumables and engine and gearbox protection

Top Bottom