Buy Extended Warranty To Take Care of Costly Repairs

So I am still confused regarding the extended warranty thing. Should I get one for my Fluidic. When I enquired during the purchase of the car; it was for third year and for Rs12k and they said that it can be brought later also. When I went for the first service they quoted Rs10k if brought withing 60days from sale and some 12k within 365days of sale and the price keeps on increasing along with the conditions and service records of the car taken under consideration.
So should I go for it now? A couple of days left to complete 60days.[:D]
Yes, you should. We & our friends take it at the time of booking itself so that this amount is included in invoice. Better to do right now. Generally, nothing major happens, but god forbid if it does, the cost will be 3-4 times the extended warranty amount. And buddy when you are spending 10L, why bother about 10k when you can get peace of mind for additional years ? Go ahead & get one ASAP.

Yes, you should. We & our friends take it at the time of booking itself so that this amount is included in invoice. Better to do right now. Generally, nothing major happens, but god forbid if it does, the cost will be 3-4 times the extended warranty amount. And buddy when you are spending 10L, why bother about 10k when you can get peace of mind for additional years ? Go ahead & get one ASAP.
Okey Buddy! Will get it ASAP. Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion.[:)]

Okey Buddy! Will get it ASAP. Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion.[:)]
[clap]
You are welcome my friend. See, the amount comes hardly Rs.830/month, almost equal to 2 sofa/platinum seat rates in good multiplex.
If you see it as total, you think Oh, 10k. If you calculate on daily basis, it is less than planning commission amount of Rs.32/day ! [lol]

Had gone to MODI hyundai Chunabhatti to get the extended warranty for my Fluidic CRDI. They didnt had the documents ready for the same. They asked for a couple of days time so that they can get the documents and the booklet from their head office. Also the time limit was not 60days; it was 90days.(my bad!)

Nwayz came across this link regarding the extended waranty of Fluidic Verna Diesel.
:: Hyundai Motor Company ::

Extended Warranty

Hyundai Motor India Limited hereinafter called "HMIL" warrants that under the Extended Warranty Scheme, HMIL undertakes to carry out the necessary remedial work necessitated by any mechanical and / or electrical break down, under normal use and maintenance, subject to the following terms and conditions.
Note

* This extended warranty is transferable to subsequent owner for the remaining warranty period.
* This extended warranty scheme has no surrender value, no refund of warranty premium is available and it cannot be transferred to another vehicle.

What is Covered?

Except as provided under What is not Covered hereof, if any defect confirmed by HMIL as Mechanical and/or Electrical break down as defined in this warranty, is found in the vehicle within the stipulated terms and conditions, HMIL dealer shall repair or if required, replace any part found to be defective with a new part or an equivalent at no cost to the owner for parts or labor.

What is not covered?

This warranty shall not apply to:

* Normal maintenance services including without limitation, cleaning & polishing, injector cleaning, engine decarburizing, engine tuning, oil/fluid changes, filters replenishment, fastener retightening, adjustments of doors, brake and clutch, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, tyre rotation, head lamp alignment.
* Replacement of parts as a result of normal wear and tear, such as spark plugs, belts, brake pads and brake shoes, brake discs, clutch disc/pressure plate, filters, wiper blades, bulbs, fuses, brushes, hoses, tyre / tube, battery, audio system, catalytic converter, silencer / exhaust pipe.
* Tie Rod ends, Steering Ball Joints, Rear Shockers, Front Struts, Dicky lifters,Front & Rear Wheel Bearings/wheel hubs are not covered beyond 60,000 kms of operation
* Rubber parts like Wheel Cylinder kit,all doors weather-strips/beadings & A/C "O " rings.
* Clutch cable, Accelator cable, Speedometer cable & Dicky Opener cable.
* If model equipped with Hyundai Genuine LPG Kit,following parts Rubber pad, Hose adaptor ( Inlet & Outlet), Gasket, Tube, Band cable, Holder tube, Vaporizer to mixer hose(fuel), Vaporizer Cover hose(air), Strap, Water Hose Assy(In & Out) , First diaphragm assy, relief diaphragm, first valve assy, O-rings set will not be covered.
* Vehicles fitted with non-genuine LPG/CNG kits are not applicable for extended warranty.
* Leakage of A/C refrigerant.
* Normal aging, deterioration or rusting of plated parts, paint coat, rubber parts, upholstery and soft trim, etc.
* Body, paint, glass, interior / exterior trim, exhaust systems and normal wear and tear of any other component.
* Damage or failure resulting from:
o Negligence in getting the vehicle serviced within the stipulated kilometers and time period as recommended in Owner's Manual and Service Booklet.
o Misuse, abuse (such as racing, overloading, riding over the clutch), accident or collision, theft, flooding or fire.
o Use of improper, adulterated or insufficient fuel, fluids or lubricants.
o Use of parts other than Hyundai Genuine Parts.
o Any device and/or accessories not supplied or not approved by HMIL.
o Modifications, alterations, tampering or improper repair.
o Parts used in applications for which they were not designed or not approved by HMIL.
o Any repair carried out other than by Hyundai Authorized Dealer / Service Centre.
o Slight irregularities not recognized as affecting quality or function of the vehicle or parts, such as slight noise or vibrations, or items considered characteristic of the vehicle.
o Airborne fallout, Industrial fallout, acid rain, hail and wind storms, or other Acts of God.
o Paint scratches, dents or similar paint or body damage.
o Revolution or Mutiny, any intentional or malafide act of owner or a driver, abuse of the vehicle, negligence
o Action of road elements (sand, gravel, dust or road debris) which results in stone chipping of paint / glass or damage to any other part.
* The vehicle which has been used for any sort of competition, sport and rally, transport for hire of persons or goods, Taxi service or short or long term self drive hire or driving school or any commercial use.
* Any vehicle purchased as a taxi under the special excise concessions or/and registered as a Tourist taxi with the Transport authorities.
* The vehicle in which the odometer has been tampered with, changed or been disconnected.
* Incidental or consequential damages, including without limitation, loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of vehicle or commercial loss.
* No liability will be accepted for any losses covered under an accidental damage or road risk policy or for any road hazard/fire or accident damage, no liability of any kind exists in respect of third party.
* No liability will be accepted for damage caused by neglect, intrusion of foreign or harmful or injurious matter, lack of servicing, over heating, freezing or abuse to the continued use of the vehicle after a fault has become evident or for consequential loss on the failure of parts not covered by this Extended Warranty.

This warranty is the entire warranty given by HMIL and no dealer or its or his agent or employee is authorized to extend or enlarge this warranty and no dealer or its or his agent or employee is authorized to make any oral warranty on HMIL's behalf.

HMIL reserves the right to make any change in design or make any improvement on the vehicle at any time without any obligation to make the same change on vehicles previously sold.

Warranty service shall be provided only by HMIL's authorized dealers and Dealer Service Branch.

HMIL's decision is final and binding on the Owner of the vehicle in all warranty matters. HMIL reserves the right for the final decision on all warranty matters.
So what exactly is left in the Extended warranty period?[roll]

Last edited:
So what exactly is left in the Extended warranty period?
Forget everything else, engine & gearbox are most critical things. If these are covered, you need not worry.

And most of the clauses mean that any tampering, accident or physical damage, either human or nature will not be covered. That's OK, you can't expect car co. to bear loss if car is struck by lightning or tree falls on it. [lol]
Do zero depreciation insurance for that.

Plz tell should i take maruti extended warranty or not ?
Yes, you should. In first year or 2, everything is included like suspension, but 4th yr will cover only engine & gearbox but not suspension.
And on an avg, maruti charges about 4k/yr for extended warranty, which is very reasonable. This is the amount one spends in single visit to mall !!

Always calculate premium which you are paying /day or /month. You will feel happy.[:D]

Plz tell should i take maruti extended warranty or not ?
For Maruti a big yes from my side. Had paid 5k for my DZire VDi in 2008 while taking the delivery of the car. It was for 4years/80k kms.[:D]

Forget everything else, engine & gearbox are most critical things. If these are covered, you need not worry.

And most of the clauses mean that any tampering, accident or physical damage, either human or nature will not be covered. That's OK, you can't expect car co. to bear loss if car is struck by lightning or tree falls on it. [lol]
Do zero depreciation insurance for that.
I know that buddy. Also had already gone to the nearest service center to get one. Since they were newly opened they did not had the documents and the booklets for the same. They told me that they will inform me once the documents are arrived from their head office. Also they said that since the first slag is for 90days and I had not compleated that; I can get it any time before that. So will be going next week may be and pay the amount 9940/-[:D]

For Maruti a big yes from my side. Had paid 5k for my DZire VDi in 2008 while taking the delivery of the car. It was for 4years/80k kms.

I know that buddy. Also had already gone to the nearest service center to get one. Since they were newly opened they did not had the documents and the booklets for the same. They told me that they will inform me once the documents are arrived from their head office. Also they said that since the first slag is for 90days and I had not compleated that; I can get it any time before that. So will be going next week may be and pay the amount 9940/-
You must have known then what peace of mind one gets then.[:)]
Good to see you will be paying this amount.

BTW, does one get depreciation benefit on this amount even if warranty is bought later ? [confused]

You must have known then what peace of mind one gets then.[:)]
Good to see you will be paying this amount.

BTW, does one get depreciation benefit on this amount even if warranty is bought later ? [confused]
So here are the criteria:

New Verna (MT) Diesel
3rd Year/80,000 km Ext Warranty

If opted within 90 days from vehicle sale date: 9940/-
If opted within 91 to 365 days from vehicle sale: 10975/-
If opted within 366 to 730 days from vehicle sale date: 11930/-

3rd year or up to 80,000 kms from the date of delivery of new vehicle, whichever occurs first, after the expiry of new vehicle warranty of 2 years.
However, in case the vehicle is driven for more than 80,000 kms in the first two years itself, this 3rd year extended warranty will get lapsed.

Last edited:
So here are the criteria:

However, in case the vehicle is driven for more than 80,000 kms in the first two years itself, this 3rd year extended warranty will get lapsed.
In this case, no need for extended warranty, coz it is time for replacement of car. [;)]

I have bought 4 years insurance for dezire.
But i will accessories installed by a good shop outside. I hope maruti doesnt spoil my warranty [anger]

I have bought 4 years insurance for dezire.
But i will accessories installed by a good shop outside. I hope maruti doesnt spoil my warranty [anger]
Maruti can if electrical stuff is played around. Seat covers, door rails, floor mats etc. are OK, but best to leave out electrical stuff. Also see if sun-roof is allowed under warranty.

S class is it only when wires are cut
It is not just cutting, but tampering with existing set up, using wires of different gauge than recommended can lapse warranty. This is serious as improper wiring can lead to short circuit. Will post more details from my PC.

Top Bottom