Bullet proof Tata Safari @ Rs 60 lakhs

Thread Starter #1
Tata Motors has introduced a new variant of their SUV, Safari. This time the new Safari has the same engine and the same interiors, but still the price is increased almost 8 times! Yes, the new Tata Safari is a specially armored vehicle for the VVIP’s. The armor of the new Safari is so tough, that it can even withstand an assault by AK-47.

Available at a price of Rs 60 lakhs, it is one of the cheapest armored cars to be available in India. Even the fuel tank of this Safari is manufactured using explosive suppressant material. So if your car is attacked by grenades, nothing will happen to the underbody and fuel tank.
New Tata Safari has a NIJ Level III/B6 protection and a top speed of 150 kmph. It can run on flat tires too, for a distance of 50 kms and at a speed of 50-60 kmph. A Tata Motors dealer from North India stated, “Since the cost of the vehicle is so high, very few dealers invest to buy it and stock it in their showrooms. Such vehicles are not promoted by the manufacturing company but can be had after placing an order to a nearest dealer.”

Source:
Bullet proof Tata Safari @ Rs 60 lakhs | Rush Lane

Last edited:
Most of the bullet proof cars are bought bye politicians and the cost doesn't matter to them, I mean they nowadays prefer imports only. So I don't think their will be many takers for these.

350Z

Core Team
After all, apparently it just remains a Tata Safari and those who can manage a car costing that much, would definitely like to give a thought to something else, which is more exclusive. Our politicians and other VIPs are driving no less than a Lexus these days.

PS: Land Rover also introduced their range of armoured vehicles a few months ago, starting at Rs.4.75 Crores. (More)

Drive Safe,
350Z

Most of the politicians have very little knowledge about cars , so i am doubting even if they will come across this news! All politicians want is a big and intimidating SUV!

Top Bottom