Bullet Classic 350 or 500?

@Vipin have you tried the after market silencer called Indore or goldstar (you wont find goldstar original now) on it? these give more thump. Indore would cost you around 700-800 approx & I don't think you need to change bend pipe. If you want different sound as well use a rubber mat & you will find a difference in the beat as well. However I suggest you not to go for glass wool in your silencer it will have an effect on the mileage
Any after market pipes will reduce the mileage...[frustration]

I have a classic 500. Other than some electrical problems the bike is a complete joy.
Only con i can think other than that is muted thump [frustration] What is a lion without its roar...
check out the site Sans classic Parts for the goldstar silencer a.k.a goldie
or u can check for the goldstar silencer in pune. but hate to say that it will reduce the mileage by at least 5-7 kms (the pick up increases with the change in silencer causing u to burn more fuel) but u will feel great after the change in silencer...

classic 500 is extremely power full but the electricals are a pain in the a$$ ( which idiot ever thought about a bloody fuse for the clutch cable [frustration] ). on top of it. such a powerful bike should not be so easily available. in the hands of an amateur it can be pretty dangerous.
on a good stretch of road. This baby can easily hit the 140kmph mark. [clap] and 7 clutch plates that can be extended to 9 plates. now thats cool
still i feel that the classic 350 is better than 500 in a lot of aspects.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Lohith sir I do not know how much is the effect of the after market silencer on mileage, in my case the Indore silencer helped me gain about 5kmpl mileage. Earlier I had an after market Quality company silencer which was just pathetic, now my bullet gives in between 35-40 or just about 35kmpl

@Lohith sir I do not know how much is the effect of the after market silencer on mileage, in my case the Indore silencer helped me gain about 5kmpl mileage. Earlier I had an after market Quality company silencer which was just pathetic, now my bullet gives in between 35-40 or just about 35kmpl
It's indeed surprising that the Indore silencer helped you gain 5kmpl more mileage. Are you sure it was not due to other factors? Maybe the traffic was lesser? Maybe the bike was ridden more smoothly? Maybe the carb settings were changed during service? Maybe the air filer was cleaned, etc.

The Indore/bottle silencer is essentially a free flow silencer that allows better scavenging of exhaust gases, thereby very slightly increasing the power. For a perceptible change in engine performance, any change to a free flow silencer must be accompanied by a change in the air filer and upjetting of the carb. 35-40kmpl is very good mileage for a (CI, not UCE) Bullet.

Last edited:
5 kms increase after a change in silencer [shock]

You sure you didnt change the spark plugs and air filter??? in case you didnt, the NGK iridium spark plugs and a K&N air filter will actually increase your avg by another 3-5 kmpl

Last edited by a moderator:
It's indeed surprising that the Indore silencer helped you gain 5kmpl more mileage. Are you sure it was not due to other factors? Maybe the traffic was lesser? Maybe the bike was ridden more smoothly? Maybe the carb settings were changed during service? Maybe the air filer was cleaned, etc.

The Indore/bottle silencer is essentially a free flow silencer that allows better scavenging of exhaust gases, thereby very slightly increasing the power. For a perceptible change in engine performance, any change to a free flow silencer must be accompanied by a change in the air filer and upjetting of the carb. 35-40kmpl is very good mileage for a (CI, not UCE) Bullet.
I totally agree to this....
Maybe the previous pipes might have been so clogged that you were getting lesser mileage....

5 kms increase after a change in silencer [shock]

You sure you didnt change the spark plugs and air filter??? in case you didnt, the NGK iridium spark plugs and a K&N air filter will actually increase your avg by another 3-5 kmpl
infact shifting to K&N airfliter needs an upjet which inturn will bring the mileage down....

guys, I haven't changed any stuff, all the things on the bike are stock except for the bend pipe & silencer hehe. I will change to NGK but that would have to wait for sometime though. I have no intention of changing to K&N filter

Bumping up an old thread about Royal Enfield. I was thinking to go the biker way and thought ,let me buy myself a Bullet. Inquired for 350 Std/ 350 Classic. In Bangalore On Road pricing comes to 115000 /140000 . I am surprised by the waiting period . 6 months . Not sure about the truth about the availability. The tone of the sales person was not convincing. Can anyone give me a better option or make sure if these people are right ? I am seeing many bullets on sale in Bangalore in OLX.

At your Pricepoint,I humbly request you to look out for the New UCE Bullet 500.It has Much Better Rear Seat Comfort.IMHO,It feels better than the Classic 500/350.Thank you

At your Pricepoint,I humbly request you to look out for the New UCE Bullet 500.It has Much Better Rear Seat Comfort.IMHO,It feels better than the Classic 500/350.Thank you
dear Bharath ,the price point is going up by another 35 000.Mileage is less by 7 to 10 Kms per liter. Is the waiting period less for this vehicle?
I was thinking of getting it at the earliest. 6 months waiting period was the trouble.

7-10 Kms Sir ? What are you talking ?? Only 2-5 Kmpl MAX Reduction !! I am talking about the New Version UCE 500cc Motor and I don't think that much Price difference sir !! Maybe another 20K thats all I guess ! Waiting period is less.Only 4 Months.If you want No Waiting period and one for a Cheaper price,Head to OLX or Quickr and search for these.Thank you

Top Bottom