Budget Rs.8.2 Lakhs - Buying Honda City This Month

Re: Budget Rs.8.2 Lakhs - Should I Go for Top-End or Base Variant of a Car?

Are you out of your mind???
No I am not buddy, I only suggested as it comes will all safetly features within your budget.

Then within your budget you can get city. which the best among its segment.

OR the Carrrr (fresh out)

Linea & Sx4 are dated - NO
Skoda (worst ass) - NO
Manza (inconsistent ass and niggles) - NO

Re: 8.2 lac budget should i go for top end or base of better car?

Arre baba how many times do i have to metion that my dad needs a for his bloody status symbol [frustration]
Cool down my friend... What I meant was why does one need to be "out of his mind" to buy a Punto 90 hp? I have nothing to do with your dad's 'bloody' status symbol.

If you read some previous posts, I have already suggested the apt car for you, I never suggested the Punto for you...

Re: 8.2 lac budget should i go for top end or base of better car?

Arre baba how many times do i have to metion that my dad needs a for his bloody status symbol [frustration]
Buddy,it seems like everyone is recommending according to your wish(ignore a post or two related to hatches).Still I feel like you really need to understand one fact that you yourself have answered your query.Just have a look at your priorities,right now you are ready for a City or a Vento.
So now what you need to do is,just go for the TD(maybe you can't drive but your father can,maybe he can't drive,but his chauffy can.You can test the car by travelling too)and then make out what you need out of your car and get the one which you feel best for you.

By the way if you are soo concerned about the status symbol thing, then why did you even mentioned marutis and tatas in your list.

Thread Starter #35

By the way if you are soo concerned about the status symbol thing, then why did you even mentioned marutis and tatas in your list.
So that people having tatas and marutis don't feel hurt like the ppl having puntos(kidding):lol!:
SIMPLE because they fall in the particular price range!!
Buddy,it seems like everyone is recommending according to your wish(ignore a post or two related to hatches).Still I feel like you really need to understand one fact that you yourself have answered your query.Just have a look at your priorities,right now you are ready for a City or a Vento.
So now what you need to do is,just go for the TD(maybe you can't drive but your father can,maybe he can't drive,but his chauffy can.You can test the car by travelling too)and then make out what you need out of your car and get the one which you feel best for you.
Thanks very much i will start going for TDs after 12th march(Exams [frustration])

Cool down my friend... What I meant was why does one need to be "out of his mind" to buy a Punto 90 hp? I have nothing to do with your dad's 'bloody' status symbol.

If you read some previous posts, I have already suggested the apt car for you, I never suggested the Punto for you...
sorry,i know that you mentioned Honda city....i wanted to say i am planning to buy a sedan even if its a base model.But i am not interested in hatch backs.Seems to be some misunderstanding which angered you i am sorry!!:sorry:

So that people having tatas and marutis don't feel hurt like the ppl having puntos(kidding):lol!:
Be specific and sensible next time you post, you are indirectly hurting people here.

SIMPLE because they fall in the particular price range!!
And the features along with A.S.S they offer is much better than your so called "Status Symbol" Cars.

@ Vishwas : Calm down mate. We should not be hurt by such comments. We all know that the Punto & i20 costs the same as the status symbol cars that 'ravib' mentions... and we know the reason why! Ravi's requirements are totally different...

@ ravib: Please understand that anybody owning a TATA, Maruti or a Punto has paid more or less the same money you would pay for a City Corporate or for a Fiesta Classic! So there is nothing like a "status symbol" car as you mentioned. All the cars that you have mentioned are very common in our society. Yes, but considering your requirements that you dad works in a high post, a sedan would be more apt for him than a hatchback. That is the reason I suggested the City.

Last edited:

@ Vishwas : Calm down mate. We should not be hurt by such comments. We all know that the Punto & i20 costs the same as the status symbol cars that 'ravib' mentions... and we know the reason why! Ravi's requirements are totally different...
That's the main reason for people running behind the International brands without knowing that their money is just being wasted for a less equipped car.(Hope you understood)

Last edited by a moderator:

@ ravib: Please understand that anybody owning a TATA, Maruti or a Punto has paid more or less the same money you would pay for a City Corporate or for a Fiesta Classic! So there is nothing like a "status symbol" car as you mentioned. All the cars that you have mentioned are very common in our society. Yes, but considering your requirements that you dad works in a high post, a sedan would be more apt for him than a hatchback. That is the reason I suggested the City.
Well,+1 to you buddy,but yes either you accept it or not but however costly a hatchback may be,but here in India a sedan gets more respect.People are more impressed by a Sedan than a hatch either its cheaper or costlier.
Example:A Polo 1.6 can cost higher than a MS Esteem,but still a shining Esteem is considered as a better and high status car as compared to Polo because it has got a boot.
About Mumbai I can't say.but here in Meerut I can bet on it.

That's the main reason for people running behind the International brands without knowing that their money is just being wasted for a less equipped car.(Hope you understood)
Are you sure that people pay only for equipment buddy?You are quite wrong here,if there is something called quality too,then in past days,today and tomorrow people paid,are paying and will pay for quality first.I believe that a less equipped Honda City CE is still better than a fully loaded SX4 ZXi.Or say a DZire ZXi(its less costly too).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #41

Well,+1 to you buddy,but yes either you accept it or not but however costly a hatchback may be,but here in India a sedan gets more respect.People are more impressed by a Sedan than a hatch either its cheaper or costlier.
Example:A Polo 1.6 can cost higher than a MS Esteem,but still a shining Esteem is considered as a better and high status car as compared to Polo because it has got a boot. About Mumbai I can't say.but here in Meerut I can bet on it.

Are you sure that people pay only for equipment buddy?You are quite wrong here,if there is something called quality too,then in past days,today and tomorrow people paid,are paying and will pay for quality first.I believe that a less equipped Honda City CE is still better than a fully loaded SX4 ZXi.Or say a DZire ZXi(its less costly too).
strongly agree with you man!!
hope others understand like u did too. [thumbsup]

but yes either you accept it or not but however costly a hatchback may be,but here in India a sedan gets more respect.People are more impressed by a Sedan than a hatch either its cheaper or costlier.
Example:A Polo 1.6 can cost higher than a MS Esteem,but still a shining Esteem is considered as a better and high status car as compared to Polo because it has got a boot.
About Mumbai I can't say.but here in Meerut I can bet on it.
Absolutely correct. And thats what I have mentioned here as well -

@ ravib: Yes, but considering your requirements that you dad works in a high post, a sedan would be more apt for him than a hatchback. That is the reason I suggested the City.
I am totally for a premium hatch than a budget saloon. I feel premium hatches have much more to offer. But then it depends on individual requirements also.

About respect, yes... sadly in India (even in Mumbai), saloons are given more respect, so a Dzire will have more respect than an i20, even if Dzire is cheaper.

Most of the cars posted in opening post as a sedan are not sedans actually, almost all of them are basically hatches converted to sedans.

The original hatch version of those cars handle better than their sedan versions, doesn't matter how marginal is the difference but it is.

BTW flow of this thread suggests Honda City, and that suites strongly in all discussed aspects.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44
Buying honda city this month

My dad works for the New India Assurance Company.
Any officer above scale V gets a car from the company.
My dad became a scale V officer in 2007.
At that time we were planning to buy i10 as the budget was only 5.5 lac.
But then the plan got delayed.
The topic of buying a car came back in 2011 again as the company had increased the budget to 8.5 lac.
So we decided to buy the Honda City base model.
But in Oct 2012 my dad got a promotion and is now a scale VI officer and now we have enough budget to go for the honda city v manual transmission model.
So i took a test drive from Solitaire honda .
The drive was amazing.
We plan to buy the car in a months time dear TAI'ns need your help in selecting proper accessories and proper discounts for the car.

Top Bottom