Budget ICE Upgrade For My 4th Gen Honda City SV i-Vtec

Thread Starter #16
Re: ICE Upgrade For My 4th Gen Honda City SV i-Vtec

Currently I have stock speakers and a v12 amp plus a sub. I've been looking to upgrade my ice and hence been doing quite a lot of research.
Where are you based out of?
If getting d8604 would make you loose on good components I'd suggest you to go according to the budget. Because a good amp without good speakers is useless. Remember your music system would be as strong as the weakest link in the chain. Hence don't forget to use good quality wiring.
As to recommending part i would stay away. Because I haven't auditioned any setup. But I could just give you options based on what I have been seeing.
You could also look at blaupunkt gta 470 dsp for amplifier for SQ.
Hi! Just got d8604 a couple of days back! Thanks for your suggestion! Once i get time I'll install it with a set of components. Is it okay to run the amp and sub with stock speakers?
EDIT- It is no more a budget upgrade!

Hi! Just got d8604 a couple of days back! Thanks for your suggestion! Once i get time I'll install it with a set of components. Is it okay to run the amp and sub with stock speakers?
EDIT- It is no more a budget upgrade!
Wow congrats on the purchase. How much did you get it for?
It is a very capable amp. 2 ohm stable in bridged mode with 300 rms output it can run subs real easy.
You can use stock speakers but I would highly recommend to upgrade them ASAP to get better sound. Also would recommend to use 4ga wiring to be future proof. You won't have to worry if you upgrade your speakers or sub and drive more power from the amp.

Thread Starter #18

Wow congrats on the purchase. How much did you get it for?
It is a very capable amp. 2 ohm stable in bridged mode with 300 rms output it can run subs real easy.
You can use stock speakers but I would highly recommend to upgrade them ASAP to get better sound. Also would recommend to use 4ga wiring to be future proof. You won't have to worry if you upgrade your speakers or sub and drive more power from the amp.
Thanks to you bro! You are the one who suggested that model to me! Got it for around 12k. I am thinking of buying a pio sub(t303r i think) online and buy components from a dealer. How much do i have to spare for wiring and box for sub?

Thanks to you bro! You are the one who suggested that model to me! Got it for around 12k. I am thinking of buying a pio sub(t303r i think) online and buy components from a dealer. How much do i have to spare for wiring and box for sub?
Can't say about box. But for wiring about 4k Atleast. ideal range would be 4-6k. Go for 4ga wiring.
Can't see t303r sub online. Which one you referring to? I think you should opt for closed sub box for sq. I have a ported box and now have started to feel it is very boomy.

Top Bottom