Budget ICE For New Swift. Need Clarification On Warranty Issues

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone. Greetings
My new Swift will arrive next week...[:D] (can't help smiling)

I don't have much experience when it comes to music of the car amongst a lot of other things.Please suggest me a nice ICE.
Ill give the details:

> Your Car: Swift vxi

> Budget Range: 15k to 18k

> Looking For (Full Setup, Head Unit etc.): Full setup(max possible in budget)

> Preferred Brands (If any): any brand which gives ok-ok warranty

> Preferred Music Genre: slow soulful tracks most of the time. Sometimes dance tracks too. Mostly Hindi.

> Existing Audio Setup: New car so none.

> Misc. Details / Specific Questions: Priority to get a good looking ICE . Thus preferring on a double-din HU. Should look good with all-black interiors. Speakers should be (Jack of all trades ) decent so that every genre gives satisfactory response.

Also I have a confusion. While speaking to my sales assistant, I was informed that any music system other than that of MGA will result in termination of warranty on my darling's engine and electrical unit. Please clarify on this. Because from MGA i am left with expensive yet limited options.

Thanks guys hoping to make lots of new friends cheers![:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Budget-ICE for New Swift. Also need clarification on warranty Issues.

Hi everyone. Greetings
My new Swift will arrive next week...[:D] (can't help smiling)

I don't have much experience when it comes to music of the car amongst a lot of other things.Please suggest me a nice ICE.
Ill give the details:

> Your Car: Swift vxi

> Budget Range: 15k to 18k

> Looking For (Full Setup, Head Unit etc.): Full setup(max possible in budget)

> Preferred Brands (If any): any brand which gives ok-ok warranty

> Preferred Music Genre: slow soulful tracks most of the time. Sometimes dance tracks too. Mostly Hindi.

> Existing Audio Setup: New car so none.

> Misc. Details / Specific Questions: Priority to get a good looking ICE . Thus preferring on a double-din HU. Should look good with all-black interiors. Speakers should be (Jack of all trades ) decent so that every genre gives satisfactory response.

Also I have a confusion. While speaking to my sales assistant, I was informed that any music system other than that of MGA will result in termination of warranty on my darling's engine and electrical unit. Please clarify on this. Because from MGA i am left with expensive yet limited options.

Thanks guys hoping to make lots of new friends cheers![:)]
I can simply say that your SA is taking you for a ride,

Headunit: a good 2din HU from pio would cost you 14-15K having touchscreen.
Speakers: Bull audio compos would cost 5 grand
Polk audio compos would cost you 7 grand
both of these speakers won't need amp.

During installation don't let the installer cut or splice the stock car's wires, and warranty would be intact.

@Nitz

Welcome to TAI !!

A request to you to change your Avatar pic which contains offensive content as this is being a public forum

coming down to your question of ICE setup, you can check the JVC,Poineer models according to your choice and for speakers go for JBL.

Regarding the warranty, if you tell the installer strictly to be done with clips without cutting the wires, then no issue on warranty, yes MGA systems cost you very high and they try to sell these mentioning about warranty[:)]

Welcome to TAI. Your SA is taking you for royal ride. If he is so particular about warranty, you get the ICE (HU, Speakers) from outside/online and ask MASS to fit them in your car with bill for the fitting service. In that way your warranty will be intact.

Welcome to TAI. Your SA is taking you for royal ride. If he is so particular about warranty, you get the ICE (HU, Speakers) from outside/online and ask MASS to fit them in your car with bill for the fitting service. In that way your warranty will be intact.
I think they will deny this. If you want to fit any electrical accessories then it should be only from MGP. If you fit out side, warranty will be voided. As members are telling if you do not cut the wire ,then your warranty will be saved. It is true that your warranty should be retained.

But if such situation will happen where you need to avail the warranty, then you might have a hard time to convince Maruti people.

Last edited:
I have an Ertiga and was given the same story by the SA at the dealership.The stereo systems at MGA lack functionality for the price they sell at.

You can get a stereo installed outside without cutting through any wires.Just tell your installer that you want to use adapters and the installation would be done in a plug and play kind of way.There are wires provided for a music system to be attached and the adapters are used to plug the wires together.

I have gone for a JVC dual din system in the same way.MASS wont fit a system purchased from outside.I had approached a MASS here in Mumbai and they turned me to MGA which plain sucks.

I think they will deny this. If you want to fit any electrical accessories then it should be only from MGP. If you fit out side, warranty will be voided. As members are telling if you do not cut the wire ,then your warranty will be saved. It is true that your warranty should be retained.
MASS wont fit a system purchased from outside.I had approached a MASS here in Mumbai and they turned me to MGA which plain sucks.
The dealer MASS will not do this as it would impact their sales revenue for not selling MGP parts. You can always approach small, standalone MASS workshops for same, they will happily do it, with bill also.[clap]

No one does the installation of systems purchased from outside here in Mumbai I have approached all sorts of MASS.One guy agreed then the boss came out and said no.

They will do the installation on a car that is old and out of warranty but not new one.But try it, who know you might get lucky.

We have extended warranty on the Ertiga hence I wanted to visit all possible options before going with the installation at an accessory dealer have tried everything short of making friends with an MASS owner.Maybe you can try that nitz19arg [lol]

Last edited:
I know that the music system can be down without hampering any wires is it the same with central locking can anybody confirm that please.

Thread Starter #11
The dealer MASS will not do this as it would impact their sales revenue for not selling MGP parts. You can always approach small, standalone MASS workshops for same, they will happily do it, with bill also.[clap]
Yes you are right @anshuman. I have contacted 3 showrooms and everyone denied fitting any system which doesn't have a Maruti logo on it. In short they are leaving us with no option other than getting looted.

Also same is the case with rear-parking sensor. And with all other electrical fittings in our car.
Not the way to go Maruti India.

But I straighforewardly asked one guy that If i don't tamper with any wiring, how can the warranty be voided. He couldn't give me a clear answer.
Is there any one in the forum who has a first hand experience of such situation while claiming warranty?

@nitz

Thank you for responding to my words !!

I do not have a claim issue with me to share, but yes I have installed JVC with a outside dealer with clips and never faced any issue with it. It is not correct that we have to get that done at MGA, it used to be there earlier as lot of shops used to cut the wires and fit the system but most of the guys today are doing with clips. Just go ahead doing it

I had fitted entire ICE setup for my WagonR and Maruti Omni from outside shops and did not face any warranty issues at all.
My friends had done same with Swift, Dzire and Ritz and never heard anything from them either.

The warranty issue is faced only in the event that there is a major electrical problem and the company is at wits end and cannot find a solution, they will simply see an externally fitted stereo and or accessories and say that the stereo and or accessories are causing the said malfunction and has been done by your good self and hence Maruti is not liable to any problems that are caused to your car by said modifications.

The only time you have to be worried is if you have purchased extended warranty.If any major problem occurs just bribe a MASS and get a back dated bill for the installation.

i too have some doubts regarding installation from outside-

st tell your installer that you want to use adapters and the installation would be done in a plug and play kind of way.There are wires provided for a music system to be attached and the adapters are used to plug the wires together.
What u mean to say is that the wiring is already provided in the car and the workers only have to attach the headunit on the dash and speakers on the slots provided using plug and play adapters.
Or is the wiring not present in a car which doesnt come with a ice from factory.

Regarding the warranty, if you tell the installer strictly to be done with clips without cutting the wires
What r the clips u r referring to??

Also same is the case with rear-parking sensor
Yes can the installation of reverse sensors be done in the same way?????

I know that the music system can be down without hampering any wires is it the same with central locking can anybody confirm that please.
For CL it can be done . I got it done from autocop .They installed autocop DX in my car without cutting/splicing wires. I directly contacted autocop distributers for the same thru some contact and they told me they had only this model which is plug&play with maruti

Top Bottom