Budget ICE For Maruti Ritz LXi

Thread Starter #1
> Your Car: ritz lxi

> Budget Range: 5k

> Looking For (Full Setup, Head Unit etc.) : headunit wid front speakers

> Preferred Music Genre: new age & classical rock (me), ghazals/old hindi songs (dad)

i guys i want to install a very budget ice to my two month old ritz which doesnt have a ice yet what budget,around 5k (not fit to be called ICE huh!!! well m a student and its my fathers car and according to him he doesnt need ICE so will be spending my pocket money for it )

ok these are my options

1. headunit - need only USB/aux in . From what i understand any branded one will be fine.
One requirment is that it should match with the black dash of d car.
my options are--

Sony - DSX A30 - LCD Display Digital Media Player - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Pioneer - MVH 159UI Digital Media Receiver - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Blaupunkt: SD Tuner

Car Audio Systems, Car Seat Covers Traders, Car Sun Roofs Traders Delhi, Car Security System Suppliers India, Car Navigations

2 years warranty Car Audio Multimedia Head Unit USB, SD Card, AM/FM Tuner

ALL these cost approx 3k i also visited a accesory store and found that they also sell units which come factory fitted with ritz/wagonr etc. these are the units which ppl exchange with them while going for an upgrade.these units are available for 3.5k . Well was thinking to fit them as they look much better than aftermarket ones but they can be old as there is no way to find out whether these units are new or old or is there some way to check?

Next best option is to go in for the sony one mentioned above as its black so matches with my black dash and has an amber backlight which again matches with my dash.Otherwise Blaupunkt also looks classy in my opinion

2 front speakers only (since noone ever sits in the back )- from what i know it is better to avoid sony speakers and go in for other brands (JBL are VFM among others as far as i know)
i think i will need 6.5 inch speakers to fit in front doors

my options are -

JBL - CS 6 - 6.5'' 135W Coaxial Speaker (Pair Of Speakers) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

JBL - GT6 S266 - 6.5'' 220 W Coaxial Speakers (Pair Of Speakers) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Pioneer - TS G624C 16cm Component System Package - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Car Audio Systems, Car Seat Covers Traders, Car Sun Roofs Traders Delhi, Car Security System Suppliers India, Car Navigations

From the above i am inclined towards pioneer TS G624C components becoz well they are components at this price!!!

3 on a side note

i have 4 inch blaupunkt speakers with me which are lying unused but they will not fit ritz as it only has 6 inch slots. is there any way i can use these to save money on speaker cost or to have a better ICE.

Please consider that i need ok quality to listen in short city drives and minimum cost (hence 5k budget)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: budget ice guide for ritz lxi...

@PH

Welcome to TAI !!

I have a JVC HU in my Ritz diesel and it costed me around Rs.4K and entire setup with speaks costed around 7K. The model is RD 426 and it performs quite well and it came with two rear speakers free combo.

Thread Starter #3
Re: budget ice guide for ritz lxi...

@PH

Welcome to TAI !!

I have a JVC HU in my Ritz diesel and it costed me around Rs.4K and entire setup with speaks costed around 7K. The model is RD 426 and it performs quite well and it came with two rear speakers free combo.
Just checked out your thread.For 7k it is a value for money setup.
some questions though-
1. which brand r the speakers(both front and rear ones).How did you get the rear ones for free.I mean where to get such deals.
2 i think a amber backlit unit will look better on the ritz dash as it will somehow match with the amber lights of the ritz speedo console and other lights at night What is your opinion
3 I really dont require the rear speakers since the car has max 2 passengers all the time.Out of the above i am thinking of going in for the sony HU (coz of amber backlight) and pio components (coz they r the only comps at this price)
What do u say?

@PH

1. HU and rear speaks were a combo deal at that dealer at that point of time. The brand is JVC and they are coaxial on the rare parcel tray. Front are Sony fitted in doors

2. My HU backlight is RED and I like it more than blue things and again a white back light looks good
3. without rear speakers it will be a half cooked chicken and you will never enjoy the music, so have a parcel tray and have rear speakers on them.

where do you live, if Hyderabad I can help you with the shop

Thread Starter #5
@PH

1. HU and rear speaks were a combo deal at that dealer at that point of time. The brand is JVC and they are coaxial on the rare parcel tray. Front are Sony fitted in doors

2. My HU backlight is RED and I like it more than blue things and again a white back light looks good
3. without rear speakers it will be a half cooked chicken and you will never enjoy the music, so have a parcel tray and have rear speakers on them.

where do you live, if Hyderabad I can help you with the shop
@Gurrala74;
thanks for answering my questions.I will keep these points in mind.
I live in ddun but i can buy accessories from delhi if required

Hmm, you are from one of the exciting place buddy, I used to visit regularly during 2006-07 used stay near the station and visit Uttaranchal electricity board for business[:)]

I really loved travelling from Ddun to Ambala in bus

Thread Starter #8
@petroholic: which HU and speakers did you finally installed? Please share your reviews on those.
none.using my mobile phone as an ice and saving money[;)]
Honestly i am not able to decide.Although i can get a decent setup for 6k
I am tempted towards the OEM HU from maruti which looks great this will stretch the expenditure to almost 10k

@PH, which is that OE HU of Maruti ?? As per my experience, the maruti OE HU looks good but deliver some pathetic sound, check it out

none.using my mobile phone as an ice and saving money[;)]
Honestly i am not able to decide.Although i can get a decent setup for 6k
I am tempted towards the OEM HU from maruti which looks great this will stretch the expenditure to almost 10k
I too am using my mobile as an ICE, have connected F&D USB Speakers to the 12V socket via mobile charger. Works like a charm, though now I feel its time to upgrade to a proper ICE.
Budget for me is upto 7K Max. Anything less than that would be good, but not more.
Have zeroed in on the 3 choices:

Sony DSX A30

Kenwood - KDC U356 A - CD and USB Receiver (Single Din) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Pioneer - MVH 159UI Digital Media Receiver - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

I won't be buying them online, but will be checking the prices from a few accessories shops in my city and then install it, as I am not tech savy to install them on my own.

Speakers, will be just two, in front. Similar situation like yours, mostly its just 2 who travel in the car.

Thread Starter #11
well u have one more option for HU
This looks classier than the above 3

Blaupunkt - Melbourne 120 Car Stereo - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Which car do u have.....if its nano
Then i think it doesnt have speaker slots in front or if it has it must be 4"
Go in for jbl speakers 4" for front and 6" for back

HU-3000
speakers front- 900
speakers rear - 1300 (all jbl)
Including fitting will be 6k that's within your budget

have connected F&D USB Speakers to the 12V socket via mobile charger. Works like a charm
How have u done this i would like to do the same in my ritz on a temporary basis

well u have one more option for HU
This looks classier than the above 3

Blaupunkt - Melbourne 120 Car Stereo - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Which car do u have.....if its nano
Then i think it doesnt have speaker slots in front or if it has it must be 4"
Go in for jbl speakers 4" for front and 6" for back

HU-3000
speakers front- 900
speakers rear - 1300 (all jbl)
Including fitting will be 6k that's within your budget

How have u done this i would like to do the same in my ritz on a temporary basis
Hmm, let me click some pics tomorrow and post them here.

Any idea how the SQ is for Blaupunkt, in comparison to Kenwood or Pio? Sony is out of the race, as I've done some research on our forum and read that the SQ is not as great as the others in the same budget.

I've checked with a few accessories shops and they can fit the speakers on the front door, like the factory fitted ones in the limited edition Nano's.

Thread Starter #13
Blaupunkt SQ is among the best
Although at this price point most of the HU will have same sound quality
What will matter is the speakers
go for JBL's

Top Bottom