Budget ICE For Maruti Ritz LXi

When looking for budget setup, who cares about number of RCAs???

And brand makes difference. I have tried the JVC and Pioneer USB/FM models and the pioneer usb/fm/bluetooth. JVC SQ is pretty low compared to Pioneer and Pioneer comes with more customizable options. Also tried the JBL HU, which is utter bullshit, just a rebranded Chinese crap.
JBL HU?[confused] Never heard of it before.

Regards,
Sankar

deville_56

Honoured Member
JBL HU?[confused] Never heard of it before.

Regards,
Sankar
Yeah. JBL was the first to launch the low budget CD-less HU. GT-X333. There was also a version with CD, GT-X555. Very little customizable options, bass, treble, fader, etc. They indeed had 3 RCA, but HU lacked SQ and was disastrous. They discontinued it few months back.

Yeah. JBL was the first to launch the low budget CD-less HU. GT-X333. There was also a version with CD, GT-X555. Very little customizable options, bass, treble, fader, etc. They indeed had 3 RCA, but HU lacked SQ and was disastrous. They discontinued it few months back.
I always vouch for Pioneer HU. If you have the budget then go for Alphine HU (They are very costly). My favorite HU will be Pioneer DEH-80PRS. Pure SQ and lots of customization options available. A true audiophile HU but costs a bomb. Around 21k i think[roll]

Regards,
Sankar

deville_56

Honoured Member
I always vouch for Pioneer HU. If you have the budget then go for Alphine HU (They are very costly). My favorite HU will be Pioneer DEH-80PRS. Pure SQ and lots of customization options available. A true audiophile HU but costs a bomb. Around 21k i think[roll]

Regards,
Sankar
Friend of mine got the DEH-80PRS for around 20k for his Polo. Pure audio.

Thread Starter #37
When looking for budget setup, who cares about number of RCAs???

And brand makes difference. I have tried the JVC and Pioneer USB/FM models and the pioneer usb/fm/bluetooth. JVC SQ is pretty low compared to Pioneer and Pioneer comes with more customizable options. Also tried the JBL HU, which is utter bullshit, just a rebranded Chinese crap.
what about sony HU
DSX-A30 : Digital Media Players : In-Car Entertainment : Sony India

I am inclined towards this more than jvc/pio becoz it has amber backlight which matches my dash. i will pair it with jbl.
I know there speakers are crap What about Headunits at this price point
do u have any experience???

deville_56

Honoured Member
Thread Starter #41
guys i was offered a used OE nippon HU and speakers from someone at olx for 5k

here are the pics provided
IMG_20130814_121305.jpg

IMG_20130814_121251.jpg

is it worth it ?
Strangely this unit doesnt seem to have aux or am i missing something ?
How is the speaker quality in oem ritz ?

guys i was offered a used OE nippon HU and speakers from someone at olx for 5k

here are the pics provided
View attachment 103282

View attachment 103283

is it worth it ?
Strangely this unit doesnt seem to have aux or am i missing something ?
How is the speaker quality in oem ritz ?
The OEM HU from Nippon can't be compared with even entry level HU front Pioneer or Alphine. SQ of the Nippon HU is very poor. Only advantage of going for OEM HU is you will get good looking dash for your car.

Regards,
Sankar

@ deville 56 & sankar... Thanks for the info... Really appreciate it. Can you recomend any brands for tweeters, wires, amps & capacitors?

@ Sankar, deville,
My zen has an old ...
HU - Alpine CDM 7870R 45watt x 4 ampw(skips a beat when I go over a speed breaker),
2 Pioneer tweeters bun- sized,
2 door speakers - Kenwood-maruti KFC 1014LM, 50watts, 4ohm (stock i think),
2 hatch door speakers- Pioneer 6"x9" Co-axial, 7S-A6960R, 220w max, 40w nom, 4ohm.
I don't know anything about ICE... Looking to improve my ice clarity, not a fan of excessive
loudness but budget is only 5k,
Sorry Petroholic for OT.:-S
AR Ram has an amp & a cap which i saw at the TAI-BLR Meet, his octy was vibrating!!!

Last edited:

Top Bottom