Budget ICE For Maruti Ritz LXi

There are head units which have FM and USB only along with card reader. I hope this one suits your budget well. You will get such HUs in unbranded market. Go to Karol bagh and find a great deal for you.

Thread Starter #17
There are head units which have FM and USB only along with card reader. I hope this one suits your budget well. You will get such HUs in unbranded market. Go to Karol bagh and find a great deal for you.
I can go and buy unbranded ones but i have heard that the sound quality is on the verge of inaudible ( it may be ok only if you r lucky )
Anyhow these units cost around 1500 atleast and i think instead of wasting 1500 i can go for a sony HU for 3000 and get it over with.
I would have bought the HU but i am very tempted to go for the combo deal from MGA at 10.5k which has an excellent looking alpine HU.

Right now i am short of cash ( which i always am becoz i am a student [frustration] )so looking for a ultra cheap jugaad way to get an ice.

Also one more thing i can do is buy 2 jbl's and a cheap amp with aux( for 500 or something ) but dont know where to get this amp

Last edited:
How have u done this i would like to do the same in my ritz on a temporary basis
Here you go:
Things you'll need:
1. USB Speakers (700 Rs)
2. Mobile Charger (with USB connector) (200 Rs Non-branded)
3. Mobile Stand (200 Rs)
4. 12 V socket (I believe Ritz already has, if not then add another 150-200 Rs
5. Your cell with music loaded!

Here's how I've done it:

USB port of the speakers connected to the USB port of the charger, which is connected to the 12V socket.
3.5 mm jack is connected to he phone, which has all my favourite music.
The phone is kept in the mobile stand, and there you go.

Benefits which I am getting of this set up:
1. On receiving call while music is on, I don't need to disconnect the 3.5 and/or charging to answer the call. Rather, music pauses and I can answer and listen on the same speakers. Have tried it and works superb. As if I've in-built bluetooth feature[:D]
2. Google Maps and music together. Yep, whenever google maps are needed, let the music play at the background, and I've my google maps with voice navigation switched on.
During turnings etc, music volume reduces on its own and can clearly understand the voice navigation. So it helps a lot when traveling on unknown routes.
3. Last, but definitely not the least, absolutely economical, with features that not even mid-ranged ICE's will provide.

Attachments

Last edited:
Ohh......nice solution silverlxnano,

Those F&D speakers extremely powerful and most VFM one. Using at my Laptop for long time but glad to find out this way of usage. [:)]

deville_56

Honoured Member
Don't compromise on HU. Even if budget is low, pick a decent one, no dingling-dongling setups. Lots of USB/FM models from almost all HU makers. Also, don't compromise with speakers, too. First you will think anything will do, but time proves you made wrong decision. Even if it is a step-by-step install, get a good HU and 4 good door speakers and a pair of tweeters. Trust me I've started with cheap home made aux/fm player for friend's zen. It was once and for ever and never ever after that compromised on anything. Either a decent setup or no ICE than killing the music :D

I recommend Pioneer 159 HU and a pair of JBL GT6-S366 to start with and later add the same to rear door and a decent tweeter. It'll be a little more over the 5k budget.

Last edited:
I would like to add on HU thing, please check up whether USB slot, AUX and most important is that bluetooth integrated one. As I did a mistake while choosing JVC, the one I have taken doesn't have inbuilt bluetooth, so I need to attach a bluetooth adapter to it

Hi Petroholic,

Please don't go for Maruti's stock HU that you find in accessories shop. Maruti's stock HU are supplied by Nippon and are very well known for their poor sound quality. Accessories shops have them because their previous owners didn't like their performance[;)] so my advise is to save upand then go for Pioneer/Alphine HU and good speaker setup.

Regards,
Sankar

what about this sony HU.
Sony - DSX A30 - USB Digital Media Player with LCD Display - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
I am inclined towards this more than jvc/pio becoz it has amber backlight which matches my dash. i will pair it with jbl.I think only sony speaakers r bad and at this pricepoint buying any branded HU will not make much of a diff in sq
This HU doesn't have 3 RCA preouts. Its not given in the specs from your link. If so then you won't be able to connect an amp+sub combo in future upgrade when you desire for it. During your upgrade you will have to again change the HU.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #25
This HU doesn't have 3 RCA preouts. Its not given in the specs from your link. If so then you won't be able to connect an amp+sub combo in future upgrade when you desire for it. During your upgrade you will have to again change the HU.
thanx fr the info
Although i will never install subs/amp in this car but just for knowledge sake
these are the complete specs of this unit
DSX-A30 : Digital Media Players : In-Car Entertainment : Sony India
it is not mentioned the no. of RC outs
How to know if a HU supports an amp/sub ??

thanx fr the info
Although i will never install subs/amp in this car but just for knowledge sake
these are the complete specs of this unit
DSX-A30 : Digital Media Players : In-Car Entertainment : Sony India
it is not mentioned the no. of RC outs
How to know if a HU supports an amp/sub ??
Actually i couldn't find specs on RCA Pre-outs for the HU.

Check this link :- AVH-X5590BT |

The last feature of this HU shows RCA Preouts x 3 (4 V)

Before buying check this also.

Regards,
Sankar

Just to pitch in something here! You can add an amplifier and woofer even if your HU has only 2 RCA preouts. Its just that in future if you want to add more amplifiers it may not be possible! A couple of people whom i know have HU's with 2 RCA preouts with a 2 channel amplifier and woofer!

Just to pitch in something here! You can add an amplifier and woofer even if your HU has only 2 RCA preouts. Its just that in future if you want to add more amplifiers it may not be possible! A couple of people whom i know have HU's with 2 RCA preouts with a 2 channel amplifier and woofer!
Oh yes one preout for rear speakers and one preout to amplifier right? Also preout comes in 2v, 4v and 5v. I think hu with 5v preouts are for audiophiles[:)]

Regards,
Sankar

Oh yes one preout for rear speakers and one preout to amplifier right? Also preout comes in 2v, 4v and 5v. I think hu with 5v preouts are for audiophiles[:)]

Regards,
Sankar
Yes one preout can be used for powering both front and rear speakers by bridging it. As you have mentioned higher the voltage the better the output gets!

deville_56

Honoured Member
When looking for budget setup, who cares about number of RCAs???

And brand makes difference. I have tried the JVC and Pioneer USB/FM models and the pioneer usb/fm/bluetooth. JVC SQ is pretty low compared to Pioneer and Pioneer comes with more customizable options. Also tried the JBL HU, which is utter bullshit, just a rebranded Chinese crap.

Last edited:

Top Bottom