Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Polo Diesel

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Micra Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Diesel Hatchbacks

I wish Maruti came out with a 1000 cc Common Rail three pot Diesel engine powering the Alto, A-Star, Estilo and the WagonR. I can't afford any of the ones on the poll(Well maybe the Beat, But I dont like it one bit.) and Petrol prices are killling me.

OT why not CNG/LPG ?
LPG is priced 42 Rupees a litre at my town. And it will give 12-13kmpl whereas Petrol(66.50Rs) gives me 16.5-18kmpl

If you are a driving enthusiast and love it to the core, these options will never excite IMO. Although they are cheaper but no way they are exciting [sad]
Not necessarily, Sequential LPG kits are better or same as the petrol performance. I had thought of getting a sequential LPG kit but the input costs are high and 45000 rupees will be the cost to go for that.

So I really wish Maruti brought in a downsized common rail Diesel motor.

Mods:Hope this is not getting too Off Topic.

If you are a driving enthusiast and love it to the core, these options will never excite IMO. Although they are cheaper but no way they are exciting
If you put this on 1200+ cc car then you will not loose charm, there will be a slight performance drop but not much. (1.6 accent,sx4,OHC with CNG ) still drivers car!

Voted for Vista diesel.
Looks like you booked 1 congrats [:)]

LPG is priced 42 Rupees a litre at my town. And it will give 12-13kmpl whereas Petrol(66.50Rs) gives me 16.5-18kmpl
CNG is 38 Rs/Kg here and 20+ mileage per kg for all cars.

If you put this on 1200+ cc car then you will not loose charm, there will be a slight performance drop but not much. (1.6 accent,sx4,OHC with CNG ) still drivers car!
I might have to open another thread for this, but I have heard different stories from people who have put in CNG kit, as they have accounted performance drop. Anyway this might be going totally OT, but how does CNG fitting work? What are the technical changes that happen in the engine?

but how does CNG fitting work? What are the technical changes that happen in the engine?
Currently no Idea, soon will update you as I am in process to fit CNG

Currently no Idea, soon will update you as I am in process to fit CNG
On which car buddy? Do you know someone with CNG fitted in Figo? Let me know your experience with the CNG kit.

may be we can discuss over Pune meet about the CNG vendor

My zen and my friends baleno, I know the dealer who fits CNG for Maruti cars. I will ask about Figo.
But how much old is your figo? You can loose warranty if you put aftermarket kit.
AFAIK ford cars are not suitable for CNG fitments.

My zen and my friends baleno, I know the dealer who fits CNG for Maruti cars. I will ask about Figo.
But how much old is your figo? You can loose warranty if you put aftermarket kit.
AFAIK ford cars are not suitable for CNG fitments.
The Figo is 19 months old. One of the first 50 cars in Pune. I will loose the warranty for sure [frustration]

Any specific on why the ford cars are not good for CNG fitment?

This is completely OT Mods please create separate thread like CNG quires

Just google a bit you get more information.

Thread Starter #29

Hi folks

Last week i had test drive the Chevy Beat Diesel LT model ( kms driven only a 1789 ).

It's good in pickup performance and back leg room is also good.

Ground clearance is ok and A/C performance is also good,.compare with Xylo it's not bad

Braking is not so bad,. it can easily manage a pothal street roads and fullfill the city driving,

On road price at Tirupur

Beat PS @ 4.99 + LS @ 5.33 + LT @ 5.79 + LT OPT @ 6.31

I can give a 7 outof 10 for overall,.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Folks

I am plan to buy a diesel hatchback for my local driving,

It's not more than 3.75 L -4.75 L onroad kovai + allow 0.25 L

My monthly kms drive as 1000 kms-1500 kms

It's should be an more mileage + good a/c performance + and not more service expense +

Inbuilt there is an power steering + seat adjustable + more comfort

there is an option to put a remote lock + power window's + some extras,

awaiting

Hey PRAKASH, good that you are looking for diesel hatchback since just now petrol prices have been increased by 3.15 rupees [evil].Between all these shortlisted cars my pick would be THE NEW VISTA,why ,lets see:

1] Space, space and space.Now you may think what's the point of so much space,well it's pretty simple logic, actually a car is a vehicle that is supposed to be a mode of comfortable transport and more space gives the luxury of putting a big smile on to the face of the 5 th passenger whenever he is in board.

2] New vista has got beautiful two tone interior which will put a big smile on your face every time you will enter the car unlike the ghastly black interior of the swift ,trust me interiors matter alot in addition to your overall car experience,as a tata xeta owner I can virtually vouch for its interiors;it just freshens my mind every time I open the door[:)]

3] The spares of vista are dirt cheap hell ever more than my v2,fuel efficiency thanks to FIAT JTD is awesome to say the least,also the base model will fit into your budget nicely
HOPE TO SEE YOU IN YOUR VISTA SOON, TILL THEN ADIEU
THE XOVER

Top Bottom