Budget 6.5 Lakh: Looking for New Hatchback / Sedan

@Swapnil; My experience suggests that Honda service is cheaper the Hyundai! Basic charges are about the same, but none of this injector cleaning, this spray, that spray stuff. My Civic is cheaper to service than the earlier Accent was.

Thread Starter #17
@Swapnil; My experience suggests that Honda service is cheaper the Hyundai! Basic charges are about the same, but none of this injector cleaning, this spray, that spray stuff. My Civic is cheaper to service than the earlier Accent was.
I agree to that sir, the Hyundai is not even in my choice list. My two choices were Jazz and Etios, and now I am more inclined towards Jazz.

What would you suggest on the Tata Recon Aggregate?

Just remember the Jazz is on the (wait for it) City platform, and is a world car. The City and Etios are cost engineered for the economy markets. Also, I will be surprised if in real time Etios can match the economy of the Jazz. Toyota engines are good, but Honda are in a world of their own.

I faced the Honda v Toyota dilemma in 2010 when I bought the Civic. I zeroed it down to Altis for Manual and Civic for AT. Then it turned out that the Toyota dealer was unaware of the impending BS-IV. As it happened the RSM of Honda Corporate, a Mr Negi, wanted to fob me off with a BS-IV compatible car, which I objected to, and so had to wait another month. All this was March 2010. I got my car on 1 July 2010 - the day of the launch.

Last edited:

Top Bottom