• Airtel

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Sify

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • You-Telecom

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
I dont know why BSNL can't provide best service to its customers.
The net connection went down on thursday, and they took so long to restore.
After few calls to cancel the connection, they restored it today.
So i am really fed up with BSNL.

Broadband is best serviced by Airtel in Bangalore.
I had used BSNL and Tata Indicom. Now using Airtel.

BSNL - Till it works, its perfect. But once there is any problem, you will be mad running behind their service persons.
Tata Indicom - They provide Ok service, but they have frequent technical problem. I complained 21 times in 2 years.

Airtel, I am using from last 6 months, no issues yet. And its not costlier, just choose the plan it suits you.

I guess its the same problem across nation. I was using bsnl broadband for almost 7 years, and it worked awesome till something shoots up.The biggest problem with them is that lineman and broadband service people cannot work together as broadband service is given to private people who doesnt gel well with govt.peoples.Finally after last hiccup for almost 20 days without internet, i switched over to airtel, they offered service within 24hrs and till now working awesome too.

my experience is totally different. at my place, BSNL provides good customer service. whether its BB or issues regarding the land line. the complaints are usually attended the same day or at the most the next day. but i do know about the pathetic service of BSNL in bangalore. i even threw one modem of BSNL (@sister's home) into the dustbin after continuous calls to the customer service centre to replace it as it had some problem(rented modem) and gave a mouthful to the service guy who turned up after about 1 month from the complaint date. i had already cancelled the connection by then and brought an airtel BB.

I am using BSNL till now. Like others said its really great until you come across any problem , but definitely i guess the cheapest of all. They took one week for me just to replace the modem![frustration] But after my dad shouted at them once they are now regular to our home atleast. When last month i had a loose connection in my DSL wire , it was replaced the next day itself.

I was using Airtel before but their rates were too high at that time before 4 years. They used to add unnecessary extra charges like caller-tune charges( we never activated one) and used to add extra talk time charges even though we never used the landline for making calls. We used to get bills around 2.5k per month. Then got fed up with them and switched to BSNL. We get bill only around Rs.1200 now.

But Airtel service is best never faced any problem for a year and got the connection also soon! So i would recommend Airtel. Reliance and Tata Indicom have low net speed!

I like the services of AIRTEL. They respond very fast and i also think it is cheap.
My internet connection Plan is monthly 499 (I get bill of Rs. 530 because of tax and the call charges). They Give 2MBPS Speed. I use 2 Computers and 1 Laptop (Wifi) But the speed does not decreases. and also there is no service breakdown.....

So i recomend AIRTEL.....

I use BSNL in Bangalore, as the office pays the bills only on BSNL.
I've never had any problems, and if I ever had any, my office will fix those in less than a day.
I use BSNL in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh Too, and have faced a handful of problems. For eg: one month, we used the connection a bit less, and got a bill of Rs 7500!! And to add insult to injury, the next month, when we used it as we'd normally do, we got a bill of Rs 4000!!:eek: We once got a bill of Rs 12000![shock]. With the same usage in Bangalore, the bill never exceeded Rs 1500. We got Rs 2500 once. That was it.

Note: These bills include phone bills, the values of which would not've exceeded Rs 750 in AP and Rs 500 in Bangy.

Last edited:
I use BSNL in Bangalore, as the office pays the bills only on BSNL.
I've never had any problems, and if I ever had any, my office will fix those in less than a day.
I use BSNL in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh Too, and have faced a handful of problems. For eg: one month, we used the connection a bit less, and got a bill of Rs 7500!! And to add insult to injury, the next month, when we used it as we'd normally do, we got a bill of Rs 4000!!:eek: We once got a bill of Rs 12000![shock]. With the same usage in Bangalore, the bill never exceeded Rs 1500. We got Rs 2500 once. That was it.

Note: These bills include phone bills, the values of which would not've exceeded Rs 750 in AP and Rs 500 in Bangy.
whoa, man seems bsnl in love with you[evil], what are these amounts man, insane.I was once billed for 7500, on which i kept complaining, and all in written for almost 4 months, every week and after they settled this bill for
1200/-.

I think my grandpa paid Rs 7500. I'm not sure, but he might've settled Rs 12000 for a lesser amount. If this'd happened to my dad, it might have turned out to be a nightmare for the BSNL guys! :lol!:

350Z

Core Team
Anyone with MTNL broadband here (Delhi & Mumbai)? Expect about strictly OK-OK accessing speed and downtime is not much, however once it happens you are quite clueless if it will ever be back. Considering switching onto Airtel, keep posting if any reasonable offers are going on, never know, might come handy someday.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Once our Bsnl Dataone didn't work at all. It was a public Holiday and we tried calling the helpline and surprisingly one lady picked up the phone and when we reported our problem, she didn't even listen properly and said that "Today is Holiday" and hungup the phone instantly. Then why were they on duty and attended calls that day? Service of Govt. enterprises in any form will be at the poorest level.
But still they offer the cheapest service too.

Thread Starter #13
Once our Bsnl Dataone didn't work at all. It was a public Holiday and we tried calling the helpline and surprisingly one lady picked up the phone and when we reported our problem, she didn't even listen properly and said that "Today is Holiday" and hungup the phone instantly. Then why were they on duty and attended calls that day? Service of Govt. enterprises in any form will be at the poorest level.
But still they offer the cheapest service too.
Buddy when it comes to service no one minds whether its cheapest or Costly.
The main purpose is to use the facility when needed.
That pathetic answer is what they can give in a country like our's.
And people at BSNL are working as if they are doing the favours to us.

Buddy when it comes to service no one minds whether its cheapest or Costly.
The main purpose is to use the facility when needed.
That pathetic answer is what they can give in a country like our's.
And people at BSNL are working as if they are doing the favours to us.
i would agree on that sir, which is the reason why you do see more people shifting to other private players compared to government services.

Well Govt. offices are always like that right Mukesh? We cant blame them as they are providing the cheapest connection and here in Chennai the demand for broadband from BSNL is huge. One has to wait for few weeks to get the connection.

Top Bottom