• Airtel

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Sify

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • You-Telecom

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #16
Recently i changed my plan from 850 plan to ULF-900 unlimited plan.
As on papers they have mentioned upto 8 GB 4Mbps speed, after 8 Gb 256 kbps plan.
But till now the download speed is ranging from 15kbps-170kbps.
Most of the time within the 30 kbps speed.

So i cant understand why can't they impliment it really & not only on papers.

@ Mukesh I suggest you switch over to the 850 plan. Its the best plan from BSNL. And my average(note average) download speed is around 55kbps always.

@ Arkin Too slow in the sense? Reliance is not too fast either buddy , my friend having one here said its just okay! IMO its even slower than BSNL!

@ Arkin Too slow in the sense? Reliance is not too fast either buddy , my friend having one here said its just okay! IMO its even slower than BSNL!
Exactly, even i am using Reliance and previously i was using BSNL broadband. I hate to admit that Reliance is far more slower than BSNL.

I am on 512Kbps BSNL BB. Can't play YouTube video directly and need to buffer. Service is good. Complaints were attended in about a day's time. Nothing so far to cause stop service.
For sometime I used Reliance 3.1 Mbps Netconnect. Speed in city was very quick (could play YouTube videos directly) and capacity also got exhausted as quickly.

Thread Starter #22
Re: BSNL-Broadband Issues!!!!

Damn BSNL...[frustration] This is the 4th time the connection was down yesterday 11 PM.

It got corrected only today evening by 5.30 pm.

Guys who are using BSNL , use DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 of google Open DNS.

Now the browsing has become much faster when in Unlimited plan.

Damn BSNL...[frustration] This is the 4th time the connection was down yesterday 11 PM.

It got corrected only today evening by 5.30 pm.

I am using the same plan as yours, I must say that the download speed till 10 GB (Yes, I don't know how) is 400-500 kbps after that it gets 15kbps.[frustration] Really S**** a big time. Where do you put that open dns in Windows TCP\IP settings ?

Thread Starter #24

I am using the same plan as yours, I must say that the download speed till 10 GB (Yes, I don't know how) is 400-500 kbps after that it gets 15kbps.[frustration] Really S**** a big time. Where do you put that open dns in Windows TCP\IP settings ?
Yes exactly, check the screen shot.

Mine is ULD-900 plan, Upto 8 GB 4Mbps as claimed by BSNL.

But i have never got more than 220kbps at that usage speed.

After 8 GB the speed is 256 kbps, but i get 30-34 kbps speed.

But parallel Wifi & PC take a beat while at unlimited plan.

Attachments

Here in Hyderabad there is Beam telecom, this service provider was not so great before, recently they moved to Fiber optics & started offering 2 mbps for about 750 unlimited upto 20GB, about 2 or 3 months ago they upgraded everyone on 2MBPS to 10 MBPS upto 40GB & after that its down to 2mbps unlimited. I am very satisfied with the service & I can watch movies & download stuff without much hassle quickly. If there is downtime response is quick

350Z

Core Team

You can alternatively also try (Non-Google) Open DNS. I’m using it from sometime and it works like a charm. Helps to keep away from malicious websites, automatically corrects misspelled domains and also updates website nameservers fast when they are in propagating process: OpenDNS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Drive Safe,
350Z

My BSNL connection is doing great! no issues so far and the server was down only once and nothing happens because Telephone exchange is in our lane only[evil]
and moreover we know many of them working there and my friend's mom works there too,so no worries on errors too.

Thread Starter #28
Guys i am frustrated as my Net connection disconnects so often.

And damn BSNL has not done anything till now, after 2 weeks of complaint.

Last month i had changed to ULD1350 Plan, Earlier it was ULD900 Combo Plan.

Current plan is 4mbps upto 20 GB ,then 512 kbps Unlimited.

But now DSL link goes down, so often and keeps on disconnecting.[frustration]

Any folks in Bangalore facing the same???[confused]

And also the EBPP(Electronic Bill Presentment payment System) has been moved to a new website http://portal.bsnl.in/.

But the Tel number for bill payment cannot be added.

BSNL you are really good ....

Last edited:

Top Bottom